Rise of Leixia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i personally think her mixup game could be alot better than it is. like with her mother for example. leixia's best attribute is her tech duck game. 1A, 44A, and her rising from crouch moves. her low to mid/high mixup game is horrible because all her lows are bad except 2K and her crybaby attack. those are the only lows i do with her against a good opponent. especially if they know Leixia. i think she's pretty predictable most of the time even with those fake outs.

the only way to make them fall for things like 3B is by putting the fear of 2K into them.

No, god no... grab mix ups, WR A+B, FC 3BbB, FC 2A+B... I can tell ur mind games with Leixia is pretty shitty. You don't understand her at all, but that's what this forum is for.

i personally think her mixup game could be alot better than it is. like with her mother for example. leixia's best attribute is her tech duck game. 1A, 44A, and her rising from crouch moves. her low to mid/high mixup game is horrible because all her lows are bad except 2K and her crybaby attack. those are the only lows i do with her against a good opponent. especially if they know Leixia. i think she's pretty predictable most of the time even with those fake outs.

the only way to make them fall for things like 3B is by putting the fear of 2K into them.
Are you kidding me? When someone knows Leixia it opens up even more mind games. The people I play with know her B+G rings out and W!. This gives me a guaranteed A+G throw which is 55 dmg I think. They also use jumping attacks out of the 1KK string so I do 1K, 44B to keep their asses in check and score ring outs and W! If I can. Unfortunately Xiba can hit you with 9A if you do anything but block there :(

No, god no... grab mix ups, WR A+B, FC 3BbB, FC 2A+B... I can tell ur mind games with Leixia is pretty shitty. You don't understand her at all, but that's what this forum is for.
whoa, whoa! calm down. i'm damn good with Leixia. WR A+B is good. i'll give you that. but anyone who thinks FC 3BbB is not very good at high level play. that move is VERY BAD. can easily be jumped. VERY EASILY. FC 2A+B is VERY BAD as well. i don't think you play high level players obviously or at least no former Leixia players that are good. grab mix ups are decent but it's very opponent player dependent. and don't go calling me shitty either. you've never played me so keep those comments to yourself please.
Are you kidding me? When someone knows Leixia it opens up even more mind games. The people I play with know her B+G rings out and W!. This gives me a guaranteed A+G throw which is 55 dmg I think. They also use jumping attacks out of the 1KK string so I do 1K, 44B to keep their asses in check and score ring outs and W! If I can. Unfortunately Xiba can hit you with 9A if you do anything but block there :(
1KK? really? if i had Leixia i'd hit you right out of your 1KK whether you do the second one or not. any other character, you'd have to block after coming out of the 1K if you're safe enough because you'd bite their hit if you try to attack. 44B is good in some situations but can easily be out done by longer range or sidestepping characters. i know what you guys mean but like i said. it won't work in high level play.

1KK? really? if i had Leixia i'd hit you right out of your 1KK whether you do the second one or not. any other character, you'd have to block after coming out of the 1K if you're safe enough because you'd bite their hit if you try to attack. 44B is good in some situations but can easily be out done by longer range or sidestepping characters. i know what you guys mean but like i said. it won't work in high level play.
I can guarantee you won't hit me out of it every time. I can 22B, 6(A), RCC, 1KK/1K, 44B. It's part of a mixup that leads into a trap to land a wall combo or ring out. Honestly I don't think you grasp how to mix it up with her beyond the most basic stuff.

1K by itself is safe. I'm gonna try 1K, 22B+K and see if it catches Xiba's 9A.

Edit: Oh yea it works and the aGi cause the air flip for 24 damage. It will combo with 22K post aGi for 40 dmg.

whoa, whoa! calm down. i'm damn good with Leixia. WR A+B is good. i'll give you that. but anyone who thinks FC 3BbB is not very good at high level play. that move is VERY BAD. can easily be jumped. VERY EASILY. FC 2A+B is VERY BAD as well. i don't think you play high level players obviously or at least no former Leixia players that are good. grab mix ups are decent but it's very opponent player dependent. and don't go calling me shitty either. you've never played me so keep those comments to yourself please.

Not calling you shitty but your mind games seem to be or you don't know what to do... I play high level players ALL THE TIME but that has NOTHING to do with it. You have to set these moves up so they have no choice but to block.

Using FC 3bB while ur opponent is grounded or after knockdown puts A LOT pressure on your opponent. If they attack on wake up they take about 60-70 dmg with 33BB follow up after FC 3bB hits or if ur not in close range 66K is ur next best option for 50-60 dmg. Using it after a STUN attack hits is golden. It acts like Natsu bombs if used properly, they HAVE to block it.

Use this move (FC 3bB) after:
3B+K
FC 3B
3B
3A+B
66bB or 66BbB on hit
6B,A on CH only
44K hit

I'm usually doing this to hurt the soul gauge especially if you have the opponent in RED, otherwise following up with a guaranteed move for dmg is the best option but there are plenty set ups for this low. Of course if you just throw it out there while your opponent is in a standing G state then you're at a risk if your opponent has good reaction.

BTW high level players don't all play the same and don't all have good reaction... Like I've hit some people with 2A+B which is i31 offline. It's a matter of getting into your opponents head, once you do that even moves like Rugi's 1A becomes VERY playable.

About 1K or 1KK it IS a bad move... its slower than her 2A+B being i39 for crying out loud. I don't have any set ups for this its too slow. But you can try using 2A+B after FC 3B or 3B if ur in range, its a tech trap if they try to immediately attack on wake up or press G to get up. Then you get a free FC 3B!

3B, 2A+B, FC 3B is 66 dmg
FC 3B, 2A+B, FC 3B is like 80+ dmg

I can guarantee you won't hit me out of it every time. I can 22B, 6(A), RCC, 1KK/1K, 44B. It's part of a mixup that leads into a trap to land a wall combo or ring out. Honestly I don't think you grasp how to mix it up with her beyond the most basic stuff.

1K by itself is safe. I'm gonna try 1K, 22B+K and see if it catches Xiba's 9A.
the thing is 1K has an obvious start up animation. so does FC 2A+B. like i said. i'm damn good and i'm not saying that because of an ego or pride. it's from history. i would love to face you guys since you keep accusing me of being a noob. (you're not using the word but your comments have this word all over them.) i know her wall game, combos, ringout pressure, etc. doesn't it seem like you are the ones that don't want to take advice from anyone else because you seem to be the best. that's what it seems like to me.

i'm done talking to walls and i've never given off any strategies but jump hitting 1Ks and two people seem to immediately think i'm a bad leixia player even though they have no idea how i play. i'm done with this thread.

the thing is 1K has an obvious start up animation. so does FC 2A+B. like i said. i'm damn good and i'm not saying that because of an ego or pride. it's from history. i would love to face you guys since you keep accusing me of being a noob. (you're not using the word but your comments have this word all over them.) i know her wall game, combos, ringout pressure, etc. doesn't it seem like you are the ones that don't want to take advice from anyone else because you seem to be the best. that's what it seems like to me.
I don't like mirror matches but I will take you on whenever.

@Shinji it's usable in the setup I typed earlier if you have been doing enough 3B, 6(A), FC3B to get them to freeze up. I don't want it to land i just want the first 1K blocked. It's just part of a mix up like I said before.

I know this Vincent guy better jump the first 1K every time since he is claiming he will stop it every time he sees it.

i'm done talking to walls and i've never given off any strategies but jump hitting 1Ks and two people seem to immediately think i'm a bad leixia player even though they have no idea how i play. i'm done with this thread.
Go cry me a river. I don't even want to play you now.

I could use some Leixia training via mirrors. Anyone willing to help me out? I'd appreciate it.

As for my scrubby opinion, I think she's like my other main Yoshi. In terms of she has the tools, but people be sleeping on her.

what you guys fail to realize is that 1Kk isnt used for mix ups its used to catch tech role, for your oki game.
compare this move to Xiba's 33AA BE, its just a safer less damaging version.

leixia damage has to come from mix ups and mind games she's not for the straight forward players.
so if you cant do it consider picking an easier character like pyrrha or patroklos.
she is designed for the players who like complex mind games and breaking their opponent down by out smarting them.
if your a player who likes to keep it simple or have a basic game plan.
you really wont do well with leixia, that's where you may find yourself thinking shes bad.
to be honest in actually fact you just are not using her properly.

leixia is not an aggro character, in which you hope to over whelm your opponent with brainless rush down.
she is a character that requires great thought and careful planing.
if your damage mad and then i suggest you pick up another character, or start learning how to mix up to make up for that damage.

what you guys fail to realize is that 1Kk isnt used for mix ups its used to catch tech role, for your oki game.
compare this move to Xiba's 33AA BE, its just a safer less damaging version.

leixia damage has to come from mix ups and mind games she's not for the straight forward players.
so if you cant do it consider picking an easier character like pyrrha or patroklos.

No, 1KK just generally shouldn't be used. With the possible exception of when your opponent's gauge is flashing red and it will cause a guard crush.

I could use some Leixia training via mirrors. Anyone willing to help me out? I'd appreciate it.

As for my scrubby opinion, I think she's like my other main Yoshi. In terms of she has the tools, but people be sleeping on her.

Are you on Xbox?

Edit: You are. I am certainly down for mirrors.

Also how can people say Leixia's mixups are bad? Let's see what she can get off a simple 2K:
WR A+B(low)
WR B(Evasive)
WR A
WR K(free AA on hit and pressure on block)
6KK
FC 3B
FC 3BB

And that is just scratching the surface. She has good mixups, in fact that is like her greatest strength.

Also how can people say Leixia's mixups are bad? Let's see what she can get off a simple 2K:
WR A+B(low)
WR B(Evasive)
WR A
WR K(free AA on hit and pressure on block)
6KK
FC 3B
FC 3BB

And that is just scratching the surface. She has good mixups, in fact that is like her greatest strength.

Just remember 2K is -2 on hit.

Tira got nerfed worse than leixia, pretty bad actually.

Uh, I hate to bring this up to you, but only as far as the patch notes went. Tira lost her ability to change stances, Leixia got all of her signatures nerfed. And I mean every last one. It looked like Tira got nerfed worse because the list was longer, but one, she was better before she got nerfed, just Leixia seemed to have a pretty good match-up against her, and two, Tira was still an alright character. It just required people to master Jolly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back