RO ~ PS3L aGI fakeout ~ RO

twiggywales

[08] Mercenary
im sure i have seen this mentioned before but there wasnt a whole lot of descusion about it. (maybe not about the aGI fake out but about general PSL fake outs where you start the transition but dont actully switch stance) i felt it was a bit gimmiky and without much potential unless the person you are fighting knows maxi so well that that could a see a semi stance switch (and i find that difficult to belive that most would) and then respond to the potential stance switch in a way that leaves them venerable enough to be punnished. (most would just contune to guard or would use a fast move for an interupt and with the delay from the semi stance i think they would still win out)

that being said......

when you go in to a move leaving you in RO (esaiest to perform this little trick from is 3B) you can press A+K for PSL3 and get a aGI window and get left in LO.

however if you tap for a very breif momwnt and then carry on you can see the purple spark of the aGI window starting, but you remain in RO.

now im not entirely sure how much of a window this gives (if any at all) it was brought back to my attention yesterday where someone said it will GI (although i coulnt get it to do it in practice)

if this does work though in theroy you could have a slight aGI window with every RO transition.

i did notice that the slight pause will can cause problems (eg. CH6A ROA is no longer a combo) but mybe this window could save your ass instead.

does anyone here have further information on this aGI fake out, will it GI, is there any real use to it or is it just another usless gimmik. i would try to invest more time in to exploring it and its uses but i dont have a lot of free time at the momment and if others have info on it allready then that would help.

i am going to look at it more but if you have more info i would greatly appreacate it

I use that quite often. I played around with it just now in training and I cant get it to GI anything. I dont think Ive had GI anything ever anyways. Nor does PSL3 GI a whole lot anyway. I use it for gimmick purposes against those (specially my son) that know Maxi well. For others Im fishing for a CH. But I mostly use it for a quick stance transition. Im convinced its another useless gimmick that its purpose is to fake out people that know Maxi well.

HRD

Well, thinking about it, Maxi's 6A (to my understanding) isn't a good poke (despite it's speed) I view it as Maxi's go-to-punisher... However, I see plenty of "good" Maxi players use 6A for pressure and poking anyway (maybe because thier opponent can't respond to Maxi too well), but someone who knows Maxi can react to 6A as a poke and puinish Maxi fairly hard depending on the character they're using... Most of the time, realizing that RO A is a high and the fastest option in RO, people use 2A to interrupt Maxi and use the +8 from CH 2A to generate a wild mixup and reversing the pressure... But 2A (as a special~Low) sets up for RO K's TJ property leading into high damage combos for Maxi (oh~yeah!!!), although it's still risky buisness because of RO K being i29... So knowing that RO doesn't have any TC'ing properties, the opponent can respond with an AA etc... to beat out RO A, in this case specifically that auto-GI can be useful, ultimately impacting AA and 2A interrupts and delivering punishment in the from of RO B (yes! another use for RO B)... I'd also like to point out that you can use the PSL3~aGI-fakeout (which I'm calling PSL3F) going into LO as well (which I've done several times online and in training mode)... BUT! there is one major problem with PSL3F and thats depending on the prior transition (whether its 6A or BL B or whatever) the auot-GI window from PSL3F can either be skipped or miss the timing in order to impact fast A's and 2A's like Yoshimitsu's A (i11) or Sophitia's A (i12), etc... So this "missing the timing" would just leave Maxi less safe and even more interruptable going into RO which is never good, although there is a bit of psychological pressure in seeing PSL3's aGI and may deter opponents from interrupting Maxi's onslaught... This needs to be tested further...

Well, thinking about it, Maxi's 6A (to my understanding) isn't a good poke (despite it's speed) I view it as Maxi's go-to-punisher... However, I see plenty of "good" Maxi players use 6A for pressure and poking anyway (maybe because thier opponent can't respond to Maxi too well), but someone who knows Maxi can react to 6A as a poke and puinish Maxi fairly hard depending on the character they're using... Most of the time, realizing that RO A is a high and the fastest option in RO, people use 2A to interrupt Maxi and use the +8 from CH 2A to generate a wild mixup and reversing the pressure... But 2A (as a special~Low) sets up for RO K's TJ property leading into high damage combos for Maxi (oh~yeah!!!), although it's still risky buisness because of RO K being i29... So knowing that RO doesn't have any TC'ing properties, the opponent can respond with an AA etc... to beat out RO A, in this case specifically that auto-GI can be useful, ultimately impacting AA and 2A interrupts and delivering punishment in the from of RO B (yes! another use for RO B)... I'd also like to point out that you can use the PSL3~aGI-fakeout (which I'm calling PSL3F) going into LO as well (which I've done several times online and in training mode)... BUT! there is one major problem with PSL3F and thats depending on the prior transition (whether its 6A or BL B or whatever) the auot-GI window from PSL3F can either be skipped or miss the timing in order to impact fast A's and 2A's like Yoshimitsu's A (i11) or Sophitia's A (i12), etc... So this "missing the timing" would just leave Maxi less safe and even more interruptable going into RO which is never good, although there is a bit of psychological pressure in seeing PSL3's aGI and may deter opponents from interrupting Maxi's onslaught... This needs to be tested further...

What is this i dun even.....

yea zombie is looking in to it. and yeah marginal it is i just wondered if anyone had more info on the GI properties cause i cant get it to GI (not that i tried a huge ammount)

Back