Rock Videos

Ok, let's talk about how much I hate Amy and how I get STD or OOF first round in every tourney.

From my own observations (mistakes I realized I was making even while I was playing, they were pretty obvious):

End of game 1, round 3 -- I was SURE that would kill him, and when it didn't I was discombobulated for the rest of the match. I mean, the off-axis stuff in the first couple of rounds was a pain, but I almost expect that now. Every tourney I find some new problem, it seems.

I was going for ground throws even though he stopped sleeping after I caught him. I'd just started doing that vs rolls and sleeps, so I was a little mad for it; I should have started going for some sort of 6k/throw mixup instead.

Game 2, round 4 -- After the wall splat on 6K I could have gone for 2B+G RO instead of 2A+B, which I instantly realized wasn't going to get me fuck all.

Game 2, round 4 -- Obviously I just didn't want to win this round: After 2B+G I think I may have been in range for 8A+B RO. I should have at least tried for it. For whatever reason I didn't think I was that close to the edge.

After blocked 2B+K and 33B I kept going for throw even after he started crouching. At the time I knew it, but I just couldn't switch up well enough. Cost me the match when I failed to anticipate the crouch after GI.

Anyway, I didn't practise, so I didn't really deserve to win. It's just annoying to me because I feel like I have a chance vs STD's Amy -- even he says so. Hell, I do better against him and OOF in tourneys than I do against most other people. It's a sick world we live in.

This time I PROMISE I will practise before the next tourney. Now, if only there was a ps3 stick around. :/

We can always count on messing up with Rock in the rare times we are about to win. It happens. You may want to check the punishment thread against Amy. Those lows need to be punished, as it's the rate chance Rock can get a free hit.

Well, the main moves I need to punish are 2B+K (which the list says I can crouch throw? I'll have to try that for sure) and 33B, which is safe as milk. Amy, though, so whatever.

Well, the main moves I need to punish are 2B+K (which the list says I can crouch throw? I'll have to try that for sure) and 33B, which is safe as milk. Amy, though, so whatever.

33B and 8way A+B are her distance launchers. If I'm not mistaken, 33B is steppable and 8way run A+B gives Rock a free mix-up.

You can step it, but I don't always trust that. I also know it's safe as fuck, but after I block it I can go for a throw/low throw mixup. That's where I was failing; he started crouching the throw and I never adjusted to low throws.

66A+B is kind of the same, but it tracks funny sometimes, so I'm even less inclined to try and step it.

U played decently i thought but there was Amy fear and frustration. I think you should've GId that predictable style of play he was doing.he basically just whore 66A+B and 2B+K until u died. You also lost opportunites in wakeup from broken throws.

Arise! Lau had a bunch of great matches against Chang's Fd playing as Yoshi. Man, his iMCF is fucking deadly.

Lau, i see that your throws get broken ALOT. Is that because you are going for the "best" option all the time? i.e. A+G when near the ring edge etc. or is it just unlucky? it seems that sometimes you get robbed of some damage.

lol i didn't even see someone posted these until now

hm... it was half luck.. like i don't go for best throws all the time but sometimes he just guesses them right....... he's also the type of player that wil break B-throw.. when near the edge of the ring..reverse reverse mixup... -_-;

also the more recent casuals of me vs him where he fails to break any throws aren't recorded... it really comes down to 50/50

-LAU

like hotnikkelz said... you played decently.... here's my comments.

like you said.. there's a place where A+B RO after CT would probably leave you to victory...

2A+K -> 11A don't forget this... this kills those who loves to mash on throw break

after 1B+G against amy ALWAYS B+K... there's no reason why you shouldn't do this... 22B is good against other characters... not to forget..... you don't always need to end the throw string with 22B after 1B+G... sometimes you get in a pattern where you constantly do the same ender.. and when you start re-throwing it'll catch them off guard and they'll feel mighty stupid.

against amy... especially at mid/far range.. stay away from A+B... you have to step-> guard... and NOT 8WR Guard... there's a difference.

you see.. you might not trust step because you are stepping the wrong side.. practice it a bit... with step guard you'll NEVER get hit by her launchers... NEVER.... if you mess up... you'll block her 33B but you'll never get hit during the step... reason is because 33B is too slow... so .... there's nothing for you to lose.... you either block her 33B or step it for a free hit...

if you always maintain at the level where you don't step (like now)... you'll never go above this level ever.

also don't forget to use 6K against interupt happy players after GT break or after 3B+G... i see STD loves to interupt you when grounded... remind him 6K will smack him silly

also imo use 2A+K more.

i think otherwise you played pretty well... ...

-LAU

Eh, I know I don't step enough and I 8WR like a bitch. My main problem is that when I practise (which is rare) it's with my stick, when I go to tourneys I have to play pad -- and I can't step for shit on a pad, I can't even do Rock's command throw -- except the rare occasions where I get to use someone else's stick, without warming up on it. It's those inconsistencies that keep me from even bothering with details. I mean, I hadn't even played SC for like 2 weeks before the tourney, which is something I need to fix.

Anyways, I want to start working more repeat ground throws into my game. I stopped doing it a long time ago just because I figured people would break them no problem, but I've seen other people mess around with Rock in casuals and they get away with shit I would never even think of going for. And I wanted to play Rock because he's a gamblor! Fail.

Hopefully I can get some games in with STD before the next tourney anyway. I just know there's a chance there, if I stop making so many dumb mistakes.

Messing up the command throw is another reason why I use basic B+G. I am using a pad for the 1st time in SC history, and it does mess up some things you could normally do on a stick. However, it gives a few advantages, specifically with punishing.

I don't remember how, but there was a time when I could 1B+G, dash under them, and go for head first throws again.

Anyways, I want to start working more repeat ground throws into my game. I stopped doing it a long time ago just because I figured people would break them no problem

It's still good even though they break. Always keep that in mind.
As Lau said, 6K them everytime u sure they gonna attack. I personally gamble with 6B+K a lot, cuz if they DIDN'T attack, they can't sideroll it either, but they CAN block. It's good vs gauge but horrid on block.

Either way it depends on what opponent does, use your discretion...but u can whore 2A+K like a dirty skanky slut

Video from our June tournament. My Rock was super rusty, since I'd been playing mostly Mina at the time, so you'll see me miss about 30 ROs, and some other input issues. But it was Lizardman, so I just had to.

Hi I just wanted to show You a match that I recorded Yesterday.

My buddy Arnboku finally had the opportunity to come along and we had some offline Matches.

2nd Face (Astaroth) vs. Arnboku (Rock) First to Five

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:

We both make quite some mistakes and play very agressive, but we were very hyped.

I hope You have fun watching.

(I'll also post this in the Astaroth-Video Section)

2A+K, you should consider different followups. 44K, 6B+K, 8B, etc. FCA is probably the worst thing you could do.

Back