Rock's Top 10 (No Seriously)

Freaky

[09] Warrior
I know it's hardly worth the effort, but I'd like to see what the few other Rock players use as their bread and butter. I'm sure most will be similar, but maybe there's something somebody missed and/or could take better advantage of. And I know you might be wondering: "Does Rock even have 10 good moves?" Maybe not, but here's my best of the worst.

6K - Obviously. Spam all day. That's half my gameplan right there.

K - A fast poke!? From Rock!? Amazing.

Ground Grabs - Rock's meat and potatoes.

4K, A - Kinda fast. Mix up with K and go CH fishing.

6B+K - Huge range, tech-jump, GG followup. If it were safe it'd be #2.

1A - Low and slow. Decent on wakeup.

22_88B - Good on wakeup. Eats Soul Gauge for breakfast.

Throws - To compensate for Rock's "Slows" (a.k.a slow lows...I'm looking at you 2A+K)

2K - Yes I know it sucks. I still use it regularly.

2B+K - Freezes 'em cold.

Honorable mention: 66K/FC 6K

I never fought a good Rock player. i'm susprise people use this guy. I know this is off topic, but what made you guys play Rock?

I play Rock jsut because I've used him since SE.

My top 10 are, in no particualr order:

6K - I whore this like it's going out of style.

ground grabs - Bread and Butter.

A+B - Great at far range.

44A - Great for catching step.

66AB - I use this at mid/far range.

B+G - It's better than any of his lows.

4B - Great up close. Leads to some nice tech traps.

1A - Use thos for siderollers in oki and just as a general toss out there move occasionally.

2B+K - Staple part of my Oki game.

3K - Solid poke, pushout on block or hit, chargeable.

Honorable mentions to:

K - Solid fast decent range poke.

4A+B - Awesome for tech traps.

2K - I try to use this less and less, but can't help tossing these out.

3A - It's unsafe but I love it.

BB - Yeah it's steppable and NCC only, but it's range to speed ratio is pretty solid.

There is 4 reasons why I started playing rock.

1. I love playing low tier characters and bringing out their inner strength.
2. His feel is similar to my main, Astaroth.
3. Barely anyone uses him online.
4. TRIPLE H!!!!

I play Rock because:

1. I would like to prove he isn't completely useless.
2. He's actually got pretty great oki/oki pressure.
3. Tossing people around is fun.
4. Umm...he can sit on people which is automatically +10 cool points.
5. His head is a rhinoceros.

FC3K
66AB
214A series
K
4A series
4B
2A+K
1A

Other good ones: 4A+B, 66B, 44A, A+B, WSA, 9B, 2A

Best Rock move is Guard Impact.

Honorable Mentions are:
FC3K, Basic Throws, and Crouch Throws.
ROTFLMBO. Wow Draco. You're horrible to Rock. You know you wanna be his mod.

I play Rock because I always rock low tiers (see what I did there?) and people no one else plays.

The moves I tend to use in no particular order are:
2A+K - Yea people block it but you'll get it at some point.
4B
22B
B+K
214AAA
Throws - Doi.
6K - Doi again. Makes the lows more feasible.
3B
A+B
WS A

ROTFLMBO. Wow Draco. You're horrible to Rock. You know you wanna be his mod.

I want to win with Rock. And winning means I got accept the truth that Rock's best moves are his basic throws, followed by his crouch throws as a mix-up. There's no way around this fact. 66B is only used by me occasionally because of jumpers (66B floats them higher, which makes the throw wake-up better). I either GI or block low into bullrush. My OFFLINE Rock game boils down to just those few moves.

Online however, I use everything that was already mentioned above by everyone.

Hey, I registered to post in this thread!

From time to time, I like to use is 22A+B. (Non-charged.)

When I want to look cool, I use WR A and chain with 1A... 1A never seems to get blocked in this situation. But against good players, it's probably a poor attack choice.

If it's not off-topic, I'd really like to hear why you guys say that 2,1,4A,A,A is good.
I understand that you can choose to move while you spin, but the range, damage, and execution time are still poor.
...It makes me wonder if it's a joke. It looks like Rock's most useless attack.

Hey, I registered to post in this thread!

From time to time, I like to use is 22A+B. (Non-charged.)

When I want to look cool, I use WR A and chain with 1A... 1A never seems to get blocked in this situation. But against good players, it's probably a poor attack choice.

If it's not off-topic, I'd really like to hear why you guys say that 2,1,4A,A,A is good.
I understand that you can choose to move while you spin, but the range, damage, and execution time are still poor.
...It makes me wonder if it's a joke. It looks like Rock's most useless attack.

First, 2A+K is a better choice after WR A.

214A: A: A is the JF version, which guard crushes and leads to foot grab. Without a doubt, the JF version is one of Rock's BEST attacks. I still don't use it much because I like to keep things simple when I can.

I just want to say everything about this thread is great, including the thread title lol. Qshimitsu is cracking me up

Thanks D_Matt_Ma, I tested and noticed for the first time that it can indeed be Just Framed...
But I suppose that we're supposed to JF every spin, not just one of them. It seems to be near impossible...
Guess I'll keep it memorized as "worst of the worst" unless I get the patience some day to get better at doing that.

Yeah, the timing on the JF seems odd at first, but once you get a feel for it, its second nature.

Also, anyone found any use for 44K? It's a cool move, but seems pretty worthless to me.

Back