Safe moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

poke

[08] Mercenary
Anyone have a list of all her safe moves lying around? I'm very curious what moves are safe after your first attack is blocked more than anything else. I know Seong Mi-na isnt a slap happy character but id like to know what moves to throw out that sophita cant punish with her super safe and fast punishing 236B move for instance. I dont like getting blocked and then stabbed in the gut by sophita. I know frame data isnt all the way out yet but i want to know the fastest moves in general so i can figure out Seong Mi-nas best moves for when people are in my face being aggressive and i feel like slapping instead of pushing them away(I know she isnt a slapper but still want to know what the quickest moves are and what options she has)

Her 6BK usually works for me. Knocks them down so you won't have to slap much. Not sure if it beats Sophie's 236B though.

6AK, K, 2K, 1K, 4B, 3bK (Unsafe, though). Some of Mi-na's stuff can't be punished by Sophie's 236B if they hit at range, even though the frames say otherwise. Also, Mi-na's frame data is pretty much done, at least with all of the important stuff.

Edit: LOL, I just noticed the date next to the OPs post......

Anyone have a list of all her safe moves lying around? I'm very curious what moves are safe after your first attack is blocked more than anything else. I know Seong Mi-na isnt a slap happy character but id like to know what moves to throw out that sophita cant punish with her super safe and fast punishing 236B move for instance. I dont like getting blocked and then stabbed in the gut by sophita. I know frame data isnt all the way out yet but i want to know the fastest moves in general so i can figure out Seong Mi-nas best moves for when people are in my face being aggressive and i feel like slapping instead of pushing them away(I know she isnt a slapper but still want to know what the quickest moves are and what options she has)

Sophie's 236B isn't "super safe". It's >-17 on block. 236236B is -13, but that's not what you're getting punished with unless you're whiffing.

Sophie's 236B isn't "super safe". It's >-17 on block. 236236B is -13, but that's not what you're getting punished with unless you're whiffing.
This isn't a big deal or anything, but technically, you should say that it's <-17 on block.

Safe moves...

A
AA
2B
B
6AK
K
9A
9B
4A+K
66A
22A
6B+K (2nd hit duckable)
3KK (2nd hit duckable)
66KKK (3rd hit duckable)
2A (Amy can punish)
2A+K (2nd hit duckable)
WS B
A+B
8B+K

safe move is a very misleading term....

it's character based.... example.

FC 1B/1BA i don't think Sophie is able to punish... but characters like setuska can......

moves like 6B is pretty much impossible to punish unless the guy is either 1) psychic or 2) never seen or don't know about 6BB/6BA

there's plenty of these types of moves for mina more than any other characters... if you're playing against Rock who's got terrible block punish.. you can use PLENTY of 'unsafe' moves....

i honestly think... the term safe moves... is overrated.. it teaches the wrong concept to mid-level players and they never improve because they fail to use 'unsafe' moves.... when they might be perfectly safe... another thing is... the character might be ABLE to punish it.. but if the player doesn't.. then.. it's safe.

it's all about the player...

-LAU

I think "safe" is a general term that is applied to attacks that are more or less safe from punishment from most characters. Sure, Taki and Setsuka might have something faster than most people, and X might have one of the faster AAs in the game, but using safe attacks is definitely something you want to get in the mindset of. However, that doesn't mean don't ever use attacks because they are unsafe in the slightest.

That said, Mina isn't a very safe character. Seems like she was intended that way because the dev team wanted to make her all about spacing (attacks at tip range doing more damage/knockdown/SG rape).

Too bad she's not all that great at long range, beat out by faster (read: lots of) characters in mid range, and not really meant for close range combat.

cwistofu:

it's true using safe attacks is definitely something you want to get in a mindset of .... if you're low-mid level player... it's kinda ironic where... you'll expect in advance level people are supposed to punish everything unsafe you throw at them... this might be true... HOWEVER... once again... like i mentioned before.. this is character specific... X and Taki both are extremely fast but lack range to beat out moves that have extremely good push back or extremely big step back. It doesn't matter how great the taki player is.. it's a physical impossibility for taki/X to punish certain stuff just like Raph might be able to punish mina's blocked FC 1B (i'm not sure it's just a guess)... however i'm sure there's certain stuff like 6B raph will NEVER able to punish..... this list of what's safe and what's not changes depending on character... and a truly advance mina will acknowledge not only character specific match ups and what's safe and what's not but also acknowledge how much does your opponent know about anti-mina. Example... most players don't know how to punish A+K... if you use it sparringly and especially at tip range it's nearly impossible to punish....

as for playing only based on tip range... that's also a common Mina player misconception.... I do have videos of my mina.. but nothing i think is worthy enough to show for now.... (it isn't bad though but it's not great... compared to my NM/Rock)

-LAU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back