[San Diego, CA] SD revival

TheDuma

[08] Mercenary
I figure since the socal thread seems centered around the LA area the san diego soul calibur heads need their own thread. If youre in the san diego area post up!

[San Diego, CA] Home of the DESERT WARRIORS!

I don't quite understand the title but I'll roll with it.

.....sup

Did you want to head up to LA for the weekend tourney? If we are seriously going we should be rides and all that fun stuff.

I work.

Can anyone change my title to "Platinum Captain of the Planet"?

hell yeah.....big SD representin the 619, yo, word.

im glad someone finally posted a SD thread. as for the tourney this weekend, I work saturday. but if i had a bigger ahead of time notice I can arrange things (sometimes)

good lookin out duma. i was hopin there will be a casual at your place this weekend. if so let me know.

by the way, since our little gathering from the last time, I have picked up kilik and finding it very satisfying. could use some help with his game.....love you like a fat kid loves cake

haha well if i decide not to go to the regional this weekend i most likely will do a casual so i can feel like i still got some kind of soul calibur in on the weekend. ill keep you posted!

JJ are you going to regionals? I'm heading up to LA, but will most likely won't be at the singles tourney. I'm gonna bring the stick with me if I don't hear anything.

casuals at my place today and probably tomorrow at 9 to practice for sunday! go!

Great job to JJ, Mark, Ruben, Gus, Alex, Joseph, and most importantly ME for making it out to socal regionals and to the T6 afterparty. As Leo would say...YEAH!

d/f+2, 1, b+2,1 d/b+2,2 B! d/f+1+2, 1+2, qcf+2 ftw!

Heres my thoughts on my limited time overall that ive played T6.

1. The damage is a bit over the top with almost every character in the game able to take 50% of life off you with walls without rage.
2. Due to point number 1 I will say that that does balance the game in a sense since almost every character has the same opportunity to take away a huge amount of your lifebar. Back in DR only the mid tiered and higher characters like Bryan, Feng, Mishimas, Julia, etc could do that much.
3. The damage that characters do is no different than DR. Combos without wall still do around 40-45% across the board with all characters. So if you thought DR was ok gameplay wise then i dont see how you can see T6 being a lesser game. The bound system does allow for longer combos compared to DR but because the opponent falls faster in juggles and i think higher damage scaling in juggles counter this so the damage ends up the same.

To conclude...T6 is an amazing game!

super arcade has BR! we gotta organize a trip up there. I wanna try out lars. Oh, im hosting tonight at 9:30 so come on down

i might host today, ill have details later!

yay Tekken...

Hi Duma :)

Did anyone here preorder the SF4 sticks?

Back