SC2HD Patch Wishlist

How satisfied with SC2HD were you?

• Total voters
I voted, "displeased" for the many reasons previously mentioned. Although I must say I'm glad they brought the game back and all the memories that come with it.

It's the A+K counter and it appears to be on specific moves beyond A or AA. One great way to have it happen is to do it Asty's Posideon tide (any hit) on the green shrine stage.

It happens on different stages and it happens on 360 and PS3, I've tested on both. I've had it happen against Asty, Yoshi, and Sophie.

I thought Aris was going to make a video but if he doesn't I'll just make one, I have some equipment lying around right now so it'll look better than a phone video.

It's the A+K counter and it appears to be on specific moves beyond A or AA. One great way to have it happen is to do it Asty's Posideon tide (any hit) on the green shrine stage.

It happens on different stages and it happens on 360 and PS3, I've tested on both. I've had it happen against Asty, Yoshi, and Sophie.

I thought Aris was going to make a video but if he doesn't I'll just make one, I have some equipment lying around right now so it'll look better than a phone video.

Aris posted the video on his Youtube channel

I just watched that video when that appeared in my sub box. I just face palmed. Seriously Namco? This is seriously and literally game breaking, and I hope you patch this but this is not a perfect world.

Stopped playing it for a couple weeks, came back to it out of boredom, got aggravated with it again with the online aspect.

Not being able to play the way you want to is highly frustrating.

From Famitsu
●気になる細かな仕様もチェック!

オンラインモードである“フリーマッチ”の“クイックマッチ”では対戦終了後に“再戦”もできる。同じ相手とならマッチングを待たずして対戦が可能だ。また、“クリエイトマッチ”では友だちを招待する“プライベートマッチ”の項目を“ON”にすることで、一度対戦が終っても立て続けに“再戦”をすることができるぞ。

Translation via Google translator:
● small specifications to be worried about check!

It is also "rematch" the match after the end in "quick match" of "free match", which is the online mode. VS is it possible without waiting matching if the same party. In addition, by using to "ON" the items in the invite "private match" a friend in "create match", it is possible to make a "rematch" in quick succession battle even ends once.

Does this mean we'll be able to create sessions?Or are they adding a "rematch" option after battle?

From facebook
SOULCALIBUR II HD ONLINE - UPDATE YOUR GAME NOW

We are pleased to announce that a new patch for SoulCalibur II HD Online will be deployed very shortly.

Here is the patch note:

Online Matching service improvements:

* Improved matching filters. Players will now have the choice to search an opponent depending on his region.
Available region are: “North America”, “South America”, “Europe”, “Asia” and “ANY”.
ANY do not means all regions. ANY means all regions except “North America”, “South America”, “Europe”, and “Asia”.
* Online matching search settings are now saved until the console is rebooted.
* Rematch option can now be chosen during Online Free Match mode. The option have to be activated when player creates the game.
* Communication quality meter is now displayed along the fight next to opponent’s ID.

Fixed historical known bugs of the original SoulCalibur II PAL version released 10 years ago:

* Cervantes crash bug from Arcade Version has been fixed
Cervantes A+K (Guard Impact)
* Fixed bugs on several characters
Ivy 4A+B → B cannot be guard > Fixed
Maxi's 3B+K → B hits twice > Fixed
Voldo's "Mantis Fire Dance". Mantis Crawl => 66 is cancelled by pressing G while command is performed > Fixed
Kilik's K is hit, it can be cancelled by pressing G > Fixed

oh joy....still no create-a-session option =w=.

It's still a patch, and it also fixes several known bugs from the original version.

People complain too much. We should be grateful that they listened to us about those bugs and glitches.

At least the game is being updated. Now I am going to wish for people to come out for it.
I wish SC had an offline tournament scene in Plano. It's so dead here.

I. Some simple features suggestion:
1. Replay save. Replay save feature Blizzard release from many years ago.
2. Clip record & share on youtube, facebook, Google circle. All game in this century has this feature. Every player want to share their match.
3. Auto random stage change at the end of match. Simple features but very useful. Too much wasting time for reselect the same character and reselect random stages.
4. Character change without change stage. A shortcut to change character at the end of match
5. Very important: Make battle.net similar to Blizzard battle.net, one of many reasons that makes Warcraft 3 successful
6. Built in tournament organization: Double emilinated, Single emilinated, Round robin, Table (football liked), some other popular tournament organization.

II. Some system & styles suggestions:
1. Bring other character styles into only 1 Soul version. Ultimate version of Soulcalibur series
2. Bring Soul Charge features to all version of Soul. It's an impressive combat style and look really cool
3. Focus on 8wayrun movement system, it's a unique, the most attractive of Soul series. But SC 3,4,5 combat system design makes people tend to Standing Guard and don't want to move (less attractive for viewer and less strategic for player).
4. Guard break: use both Guard Break version of SC2 & SC4 (depend on each moves), it makes game more strategy.
5. Buff Taki moving attack moves, emphasize 8 wayrun movement system.
6. Bring Guard Crush of SC4 to SC2, just add Guard gauge and you will be Guard Break when Guard gauge is zero
7. Design combat style for RPG, hit & run fan. Their number is very very much.
8. Design recovery system for defensive liked player. Example: DoS -> 1 recovery style, Quake stun -> other escape style
9. Add more type of passive guard, shoud add stamina and HP lose when guard.

III. Business strategy & make Soul more popular:
- Please see some of my experience
Business model & monetization
- For high quality network bandwidth: place server for each countries and sell high quality network connection per month. Example: normal network connection server, high quality network connection & VIP network connection
- How about ideas: port to Web player (Unity) and use Freemium business model for Soul series ? It could more success than sell box model.

Last edited:
Back