SC4 Sophitia Videos

hm..i would say do some more basic moves more often like BB,AA; AK or KK ;)
..and mabye it sounds a lil bit weird but how about ya play a lil bit agains the A.I.(versus mode) to build a flow in your style ;)
....believe me it works...i see ya love 11 A[A] ^^ love that move to :p

good vid! but you rush too much! you need to punish and whiff punish more! and against asta, BB is your best friend!

keep at it bro!

thx guys for the feedback. ^^

there will be a tourney here this sunday, so I hope I post some vids of it.

Check out the Grand Finals between daGOTTh (Sophie) and Neo4Life (Kilik:

Dag came from the loosersbracket, so he needed 2 sets to win:

Set 1 Part 1 Set 1 Part 2 Set 1 Part 3
Set 2 Part 1 Set 2 Part 2 Set 2 Part 3 Set 2 Part 4
Have fun.

I want to start off by saying these matches are incredibly boring to watch. I imagine it's a function partially of both characters being turtly to begin with and the match-up specifics not helping either.

I like how Gott uses a number of tricky moves that optimize damage, particularly 6K for airborne launch against Ashura and FC 1B8BAK punish, both of which I've posted about, but haven't seen executed much in videos. TAS B out of backstep is likewise a difficult input typically and is used well here. Also, Set 1 1/3 7:03 TAS B(Air hit) > TAS B off whiffed 22B was gorgeous. Consistent punishing of WS K very nice.

On the flip side 2P is allowing him to get away with a lot. No Ashura against 11AA_[A]? Not completing ashura even in a couple hit confirmable/guaranteed situations. Worst of all though is the lack of pressure applied offensively or defensively (when he does he wins or comes very close) allows for 6K > 6K or 44K > 44K to become blockstrings as well as generally ceding Gott the intiative. Not enough sidestepping either. Admittedly as the 2nd set drags on he does a better job in these areas, but by then the damage is largely done.

Throw breaking is on point both sides, generally good punishment all around (2P doesn't attempt on 66/33K and 1P doesn't stab 3kB when he ducks it, but those are both pretty tight), stun shaking a little sub-par.

The switch to astaroth near the end of set 1 puzzles me as it's by no means an easy match up for asta and Gott has shown before in videos you've linked that he's comfortable against the golem. (as an aside, Crouch throw beats 4B(blocked) > 2A)

My goodness those sets are to high numbers, it's almost an endurance match before being a fighting game!

Anyway trying to judge play from videos is imperfect, but plenty of anti-character knowledge and technical competance is displayed on both sides. Good show.

dagotth demonstrates awesome precision in punishing. I didn't see any interesting mind games from my end. He seems to cater to just punishing... oh yeah, and as a rant, people always comment on what doesn't get punished, which is really gay 'cause the user is probably focusing on their own mind games instead. To say you missed a punish is ignorant in its own right. Maybe other things are more important to the player. GARHJDGFFDGJHEWKFDGLE

I have a tournament coming up on the 29th so any tips will be helpful. Ill upload more matches later.

heres another video

NYC casuals more vs Dreamkiller and Insanekhent! check them out lemme know what you think!

After watching the first half I wanted to say it looked more like a yun vid than a sophie vid. I'd suggest to edge maybe adding some kicks to the mix too, even if hes worried about CR they can bypass CR without relying on all those As that dont seem to be doing too much. Poke with 44K instead of BB etc. Anyway that was an amusing watch, you always seem to be good for one Belial.

Moreso what you need is to use moves more wisely. 6B is situational, good move but use it sparingly, 4B+K is extremely situational, pretty shitty move, don't use it so much, same thing with 66A+B. 1A sucks. You used 22B+K incorrect. you kinda used 66A incorrect also. I only recall you pulling two grab attempts where Oof wasn't ducking, and they were standard A grabs, both landed; grab more. 3K is good, not amazing. K is also good cause it's a mixup with KK, alot of folks get impatient and get hit by the second K. Sophie has tools to pretty much stay safe at all times, while you punish any and all unsafeness from whatever character you're playin against, work on that. Oof didn't step you as well as he should have, he coulda punished you alot more often.

sword_lord wtf are you talking about. First thing's first: Tidal sent OOF to loser's, and then lost this match afterwards. Tidal had a good shot at winning in this match but as you can see the stage was back in OOF's favour again at the end. Also what you're saying is vague and generic so be more specific next time. Lastly, you shouldn't judge so harshly for someone that doesn't actually win, i.e. place high in tournaments that matter and on a regular basis.

In other words: n0000000b

Hey now keep it civil guys.

Also most characters can play mostly safe too, the idea that you can center a game(or even just a defense) based primarily around punishment or the threat thereof in most match ups is not likely to be true, even with Sophie. Too often do you surrender initiative, too often do you not make use of her strong evasive options.

he can take the advice or leave it, whatever. but Sophie cannot be played like that against people who step alot, so playin that way can be a bad habit. you'd be in for a lot of trouble against alot of other people.

i think we already have a money match at gamme suirad, but I don't remember. if we don't then lets get one. Vints if you go I'll MM you too. not necessarily mirror matches tho, Sophie vs Sophie is boring.

Just to let you'll know, I was told that 3K and 3A+B would be safer if you buffer 22K and 22A+B instead.

Back