Sc5 Cervy Wishlist

franman

[13] Hero
What's your wishlist for the pirate.

A few things I think that would make Cervy better:

-iGDR same speed as in SC4 with TC and TJ properties as in SC3.

-More damage off iGDR setup.

-All the auto-GI's he had in SC3 including the DC into auto-GI in SC2 instead of him making a disappearing act.

-1a[B+K] UB

-11_77K safer on block.

-1A+K low sweep like he has in SC1 and SC2.

-iTP forwards and backwards and can easily go behind opponents.

-DC while BT.

-bK +1 on block.

-B2 counter hit into grab.

-SC3 version of DC A+K A.

-More instant options off from DC.

Sounds like you guys want a broken Cervantes in the next version haha. He's just fine the way he is. The ONLY thing that doesn't make sense about him is his aB is negative on hit. He has a great throw game, great punishers, etc. If bK is plus on block like SC3, iGDR does more damage and his 1aB+K UB is back, he'd be a pretty fucking retarded character and we'd have a big bandwagon. No thanks. I think he's perfect in this version just the way he is.

Just give him better step,especially backstep, its just more fun playing characters who are good at stepping.

And maybe a bit less of recovery for his tech trap moves like iWSA and 44B. Its a bit fucked up to eat launchers when you miss a tech trap...

Then maybe make his DC usefull, its maybe one of the worst stances in the whole game, isnt it?...Throw out of DC, His old 2A+K out of SC2 would be nice. So it could be used in wakeup etc, right now its complete trash. DC K is ok if the opponent does not know what to do, but on a higher level not _THAT_ good :)

And of course i miss his 1aB+K :)

Apart from that im fine with him if characters like Amy, Hilde, Voldo, Setsuka and Kilik would get a small Nerf. Just make Amys 33B unsafe and im happy.

Sounds like you guys want a broken Cervantes in the next version haha. He's just fine the way he is. The ONLY thing that doesn't make sense about him is his aB is negative on hit. He has a great throw game, great punishers, etc. If bK is plus on block like SC3, iGDR does more damage and his 1aB+K UB is back, he'd be a pretty fucking retarded character and we'd have a big bandwagon. No thanks. I think he's perfect in this version just the way he is.
so in other words you prefer the original SC4 Cervantes than the SC4 Broken Destiny Cervantes?

I can't imagine how Cervantes will be broken with these move sets, but of course we're both theorizing here.

so in other words you prefer the original SC4 Cervantes than the SC4 Broken Destiny Cervantes?

I can't imagine how Cervantes will be broken with these move sets, but of course we're both theorizing here.
Yeah, I'm very very happy w/SC4 Cervantes. I honestly don't feel he needed any improvements but I might be alone on that. He wasn't super hard to use, but still excellent if you knew what you were doing (and didn't choke at nationals like me and Hates).

Doc: I do miss his SC2 step though:(

Yeah, I'm very very happy w/SC4 Cervantes. I honestly don't feel he needed any improvements but I might be alone on that. He wasn't super hard to use, but still excellent if you knew what you were doing (and didn't choke at nationals like me and Hates).
I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing with Cervy.

Here's what's confusing me.
Wow.......and wow. Thank you namco for making the Pirate even easier to win w/!
I mean in that BD: Cervantes thread, you seemed very thrilled the fact that they made these changes to the pirate now all of sudden it doesn't? Unless you're being sarcastic about that quote then you could have fooled anyone.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing with Cervy.

Here's what's confusing me. I mean in that BD: Cervantes thread, you seemed very thrilled the fact that they made these changes to the pirate now all of sudden it doesn't? Unless you're being sarcastic about that quote then you could have fooled anyone.
When I said "you don't know what you are doing" I didn't mean you in general. I meant lots of average users don't know what they are doing. I'm pretty sure the regulars in this thread (you, doc, kowtow, babalook, hates) know what you are doing. Sorry if that came out wrong.

As far as SC:BD, I'm surprised they made Cervantes iGDR easier and by adding damage to an already very strong char. Simple as that my friend:) Don't get me wrong, I'll take the positive changes but I don't feel they were necessary

Doc: I do miss his SC2 step though:(

I wouldnt call it chokeing, I would call it circumstances out of our Control. Stressm Sleep, Sound etc.

I wouldnt call it chokeing, I would call it circumstances out of our Control. Stressm Sleep, Sound etc.

These are the kinds of things you find at any tourney, though. Traditionally, the players at the top are those that can work around these factors more easily.

As far as changes to Cervy, I agree that list was way off base, he'd be such a monster for no reason lol. I'm not sure how you COULD fix iTP to act the way it should without having a ton of off axis variables or having him go behind them from WAY too far out, but iTP working in a more predictable manner and giving him a working sidestep/backdash would be plenty. His biggest problem against a character like Hilde isn't the broken shit, it's that he'll randomly eat off axis bullshit like blatant C3B because his sidestep didn't move him and his fat hitbox out of the way enough.

Well ok everyone's problem with Hilde is the broken shit. But you know what I mean.

No. We choked. In casuals, Hates and I were shitting on people left and right. Tourney time, we played horrendous.

Either way, I stand by and still love the SC4 cervy. He can use upgrades, but doesn't need them

^bump

after some thought there's somethings from my list that I would alter and add.

-bK will be 0 on block
-4[A] I'm thinking +1 on block
-better step
-SC2's version of 3AB where you can guard crush by of course the JF would still be there.
-teleport backwards only when back turned either with iTP or regular TP.
-I prefer SC2's 22_88B.
-Get rid of Ch3B:B
-Fix B+G:B
-Plz make the right analogue any attack movement as in SC3.

66A need to be safe, its nothing like Lizardman's, please make it -10~-8 on grd, range dependant of course...
44aB should be safer at least, that move being punishable is a laugh...
Make 11AB, 1K, 44A, and 6A could all be less safe, a so could bA I would like to hear the screams of more people who try punishing bA without a kick...
His 22*88A??? Whats the deal... make'em both the same please, the more useful of the 2 of course...
Add in a new mechanic for Cervy, something to keep him and the Soul Series more interesting, I don't have any fresh ideas for this but I would imagine elaborating more on the fact that he's a ghost pirate...

Hmm, this thread needs more attention. Let's see, I think our dear pirate needs:

-Old GIs for A+K and B+K back, except maybe a new animation for A+K since 4A+K took that already.
-Better teleporting, like franman said, the ability to teleport backwards and maybe the ability to teleport in different directions(even though that would probably end up clunky or chaotic). Maybe make iTP have more invincible frames. I hate to iTP and still be hit anyway.
-More options off of DC.
-Have 4B+K and DC A the ability to cancel again.
-Keep his B2 damage from Broken Destiny.
-Remove or change 4A+B. PLEASE.

I think that's good, but regardless of what Namco does to Cervantes, I'll still use him.

b2's recovery is annoying, more recovery please, I hate getting attacked off of that -7 BS so-called frame trap, because the recovery is sooooo short the -7 seems like +3 or something... Making b2 an i16 attack without any delay would be nice, it can be done because Algol's aB can't be delayed, well you can delay the input but the attack will always be i19... b2 right now has a funky input delay, the attack is i15~i17, the faster you input the command the slower the attack actually comes out...

cmon ppl... Amidst all this rambling I have not seen the single most obvious thing... He has two swords... And only one pistol sword... Two swords... Only one pistol sword...

Am I getting through to anyone?

DEFINITELY get rid of the teleport crap with his Guard Impacts! I MUCH preferred being able to shoot them in the face when I successfully guessed it was a vert. attack as opposed to teleporting behind them. Especially since most of the time they have time to turn around and smack me before I finish "appearing"!

Also two swords of the same size and I'm not talking about two short ones would be NICE!

Just an update:

-Cervy's 44K should have the animation of his SC4 214K (cuz 44K's animation looks similar to Ivy's)
-The actual 214K should have his 4613K animation (The sliding low kick) and have an instant version of it.

Change 4a+b.
Fix B+G:B timing.
Fix A+B Stun Im tired of shaking.
My Big Wish tho is an iTP that sidesteps. 214:8
Fix 3a;b I hate the fact that it flips over head its worthless.
Remove The Teleports A+K, B+K.

Then the big ones fix his footing i cant tell you how many times i have ate damage because hes standing sideways when i go for BT B+K.

Much better step, and fix whiffing and positioning issues. I'm sure this has happened to someone else before: you land iGDR, and follow up with the usual 22B, (8A+K I tend to omit) iGDR 28B. But alas! Your 28B whiffs! This leaves you at -80(?) as you fall to earth. The other is if I iTP and buffer B+K PLEASE make it to my efforts are rewarded by me actually going behind them and getting BT B+K with a crumple stun on hit. I've actually done this from 66A/3A+B range, not ended behind them, the B+K still comes out, leaves me BT right in front of them. Hello back throw.
I ask better step because there's no reason his is so horrible. He doesn't have the dynamiclow mid mixup (though his is still effective but that +1 on hit doesn't shut down all options from a lot characters so they might not fear it). While his throws are powerful that sill doesn't give cause to limit step. He has a very powerful whiff punishing game, and I'd like to use it. Leave A+B stun as it is. I've played Zas and am used to treating shakeable stuns as high advantage. Take your mixup and be happy. An unshakeable stun off pressing A+B on NH is dumb. I'd rather not have more directions to teleport for the simple fact that if they fix his step he'll have better ability to position himself so teleports aren't really needed beyond iTP we have now(fixed like I asked, maybe with a few more "not there" frames, I hate getting BB'd out of it while I'm invisible). Otherwise I'm happy. He's fun to play now, and would only get better with a good step.

Back