SC5 gets stuck at "checking downloadable content"...

I'm having the same problem on my 360 right now, no idea what it means yet. I'm gonna try deleting the dlc and re-downloading it and see if that does it. As soon as this stupid thing lets me copy my save data to the cloud anyways, damn thing it taking forever today.

I disconnected my Xbox from the internet and got into the game no problem once I did that. And I've heard from a few more people having the same problem since then. Seems like the problem is related to XBL somehow.

Is there a way to disconnect from live without signing out? I don't wanna have to reset my wireless router every time I play the game.

Well fuck this, it won't let me reconnect once I'm in the game. I had already deleted my compatibility packs before I read that so I can't use my costume parts right now.

*And it isn't just SC, I can't get into Borderlands either. WTF Microsoft!!!
mad0040.gif

Korn try this: Delete the DLC off your hard drive, then try and sign in.. It should help the problem, and you can always re-download the DLC after. If not install the disc to your hard drive, that at least helped when I kept getting disc-read errors for MW3.

Put in SCV while you are offline, then sign in once the game is loaded. It will bypass the downloadable content check

This happened to me as well, along with general XBL issues and my account taking forever to log on. The solution is very simple, and doesn't involve deleting any DLC. Simply go to you console's settings, then go on storage and delete the hard drive's cache. After that just turn your console off and try again.

Apparently this has happened to a lot of people recently, so it might have something to do with MS updating their servers and doing tests in preparation for the Xbone.

Back