SC5 'Ivy' Story/Possibilities/Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with Namco's logic about making Ivy "more accessible" for newbies. In the interview, they said that some people liker her style but couldn't use it properly because it was so complex. In my humble opinion, that's just plain laziness. And I feel this is a slap in the face to those who loved and supported this character because of her complexity and variety.

It's all speculation right now but I agree with Kerrod, Ivy can be ruined in the eyes of some players.

@Violent Vodka, I made my post because now is the time to let them know what I want(cant speak for everyone) not to Nit Pick. Instead of waiting until the game gets here and hoping that Ivy comes ok and then playing her and being disappointed. Then hoping that I can have the things I'm complaing about fixxed in a patch. Form Kayane's video they said they still listen for fan suggestions so i just hoping to be herd. An this(Ivy's Stances) is a Big thing, probably something that cant be patched so this needs to be handled as early as possible and I think while the game doesnt have a release date is as good as we can get.

i agree with you kaz,i feel excatly the same way,ivy needs to be sorted now and introduce big changes to her if needed because later theres no way they could do it,i definitly dont want to see about half or more of her moves go and whatever else,not now

but what can we do to try and get some attention on how we want ivy stances changing so there are more or whatever?or so they can reveal some more information about what they are actually doing with her and then we can decide how it would probably turn out
if we just had more information on her because we dont know what they are really going to do with her,i know its the same with other characters but the other characters dont face such a big issue,its like we need to know so we can suggest things instead of just going mad over speculations,like they may not add SE stance even or if they do it might just be like a small one like SC4 and it really needs to be better,especially because of her only having one main stance now(or thats what weve been led to believe from them anyway)

Hey every Ivy players.
Scud and I will play the game on friday and sunday.

What should we test first ? Is there something particular that you want us to try ?
Any idea of combos ?

I'll post here next week to talk about SC V and answer questions.

Hey every Ivy players.
Scud and I will play the game on friday and sunday.

What should we test first ? Is there something particular that you want us to try ?
Any idea of combos ?

I'll post here next week to talk about SC V and answer questions.

Try to find any possible Normal Hit damage. Try stomp after 22B, 3B, 22k, everything. See if anything combos from 22K. Test how much 33B into SE 5 hit does, and if there are any other options from it that are uninterruptable on block. Test if SE 5 hit gives advantage on block. Test if her CE fits into the Soul Crush window, and how easy it is to soul crush somebody. For example, tell us how many 6B+K you need to Soul Crush in sc5, so we can compare.

Try to react to her CE, to see if it is fast enough for a mixup, and test how much damage it does. Test SS damage and if it is worth it to spend meter for SS.

I have more, but I don't want to overwhelm you. Represent us Ivy players. :)

I hope Ivy can still be strong in sc5. Upper mid tier, I hope. xD

Perhaps give a break down of what moves from SC4 are gone. What may have turned into Brave Edge which is hard to test when there is no training mode.

i would like things nofacekiller and davo said

id like to know how her damage is now since it seems a bit lacking and if she still has a good range of combos

since her stuns have really been dumbed down,so could you please try all her stuns or the ones that used to go into combos?

try different combos like see how many things seem to be guaranteed

her CE still seems unfair and god like,could you see how hard it is to escape it?

theres a lot of things i would like to know but i would like her damage and mainly her combos to be explored in detail since it seems they may lack compared to other characters now

edit:
could you please also check to confirm if she is still good at long and mid range,she seems a lot more close range fighting now it can just be rather general but i would like to know that

daishi made a reply to nofacekiller.

"Daishi_CALIBUR: She’s the strongest character in the TGS build. She will be balanced tho.
Nofacekill3r: Ivy appears to be weak aside from her CE so far. do u feel she will be balanced tho?"

Imo, sieg and natsu is more dangerous. Ivy Throw BE and CE mbe strong... anything else? :(

daishi made a reply to nofacekiller.

"@Daishi_CALIBUR: She’s the strongest character in the TGS build. She will be balanced tho. RT @Nofacekill3r: Ivy appears to be weak aside from her CE so far."

Interesting...although the more information comes out, the more it looks like this isn't the case. I'll think I'll wait until experienced players get their hands on the game.

woah thats pretty shocking to me,with the way theyve changed her i dont think theyd be able to manage top notch
i wonder how they will do that then?
it doesnt seem like it for now at all it seems a bit opposite when some new things come out but theres propbably a lot of hidden stuff in there from us for now,im wondering if she will still have good combos because its pretty hard to picture them when the stuns just drop them to the floor

If u watch @daishi play patroklos, it does look impressive as oppose to playtesters that do play sc but kno nothing about the game yet. Or patroklos is better in brute strength anyway... :V

Perhaps that strength comes with frames and safety.

Ivy was way stronger in SC3 beta as well. They have made last minute changes and she turned out crap. Hopefully this isn't the case.

Yo Malek please try if you can buffer 2828 or whatever the input is into a blockstun/hitstun and then only dash with 666 to perform CS.

Ergo i just want to know if 2828 stays a bit buffered. this will give some information how dangerous CS will be, cause the input seems really easy.

Yo Malek please try if you can buffer 2828 or whatever the input is into a blockstun/hitstun and then only dash with 666 to perform CS.

Ergo i just want to know if 2828 stays a bit buffered. this will give some information how dangerous CS will be, cause the input seems really easy.

CheeseOfTheDay told me it was possible to buffer CS within 10 frames in SC3 (as he demonstrated in one of our combo videos, VC SS grabbing Xian before her AA hits.. something I wasn't able to do myself ._.) and that doing 666 alone on stick/analog in 10 frames is already a great result ... and that's only 3x the same direction so it's not gonna be as easy as it sounds I think. Or - it's not gonna be possible to do it as fast as in previous installments.

Malek could you test these things:( I know its hard to tell Frames on sight alone, so when ask if there are plus frames i mean like does it feel safe/at advantage, i dont expect you to have exact frames or anything.)

-Does 4A+B,B NC
-How is CL1B,B+K
-Does CL WrB Still give + on Block
-Sw1K Sc4 range or BD range. See If B6K is still + on hit/Block. Can you B6[K]?
-Is FC Wp3B,A+B a NC.
-Does she still have Wp6B (Dashing Raven IRC was the name)
-Does 236BB4_6 still exist? Did She Get Sw1A from Sc3 back?(try 1A+B)
-Do Her aGi Moves feel better/more reliable?

CheeseOfTheDay told me it was possible to buffer CS within 10 frames in SC3 (as he demonstrated in one of our combo videos, VC SS grabbing Xian before her AA hits.. something I wasn't able to do myself ._.) and that doing 666 alone on stick/analog in 10 frames is already a great result ... and that's only 3x the same direction so it's not gonna be as easy as it sounds I think. Or - it's not gonna be possible to do it as fast as in previous installments.

There has to be something which makes her so good right now, cause also to me she looks "weak", but apparently she is super strong. So maybe its just sick frames on hit/block/whiffpunishing (which i think is a HUGE factor in this game) OR its extremely easy to do CS. Really dont know.

Or maybe Daishi dislikes the Ivy whining and is just trolling you guys :)

"Ohhh yeah she is SUPER strong..Ivy imba"....and then when SC5 hits the stores you got a bottom shit tier Ivy, would be quite hilarious.

There has to be something which makes her so good right now, cause also to me she looks "weak", but apparently she is super strong. So maybe its just sick frames on hit/block/whiffpunishing (which i think is a HUGE factor in this game) OR its extremely easy to do CS. Really dont know.

Or maybe Daishi dislikes the Ivy whining and is just trolling you guys :)

"Ohhh yeah she is SUPER strong..Ivy imba"....and then when SC5 hits the stores you got a bottom shit tier Ivy, would be quite hilarious.
That would result in the first "Hate on Daishi" thread ;)

I agree, if she really is the best character in the game in the current SCV build there must be something we don't know yet. I don't think it's damage and whiff punishing, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back