SC5 Voldo storyline speculation

Sporko

Big Gimpin
Voldo is rarely that important to the storyline, and as much as I love our favorite albino freak, that makes sense, as he's generally cast in the passive protector role.

Do you think they'll sway from that time-tested trope and give him new direction in these, his Autumn years? (They'd be Winter years for anybody else, but Voldo is going to live to be one hundred and thirty)

The introduction (even though it isn't 100% confirmed yet) of Ezio Auditore has a decent likelihood of involving Voldo, as they're both Italian and it'd be easy to write their paths having crossed in the past.

If so, how do you think they'll tie the two together? If not, do you think any innovation will be introduced into Voldo's character concept/life path?

hmmmm.....I'm more curious of his master than his relationship with Ezio,this line made me sooooo anxious to know what's going on with him:
Family: His parents and brothers all died in war. His master is Vercci who should be long dead.

If there was any justice in the world (and there probably isn't, so this probably won't be how it goes), Ezio should have taken a contract out on Voldo, decades ago. He sends several of his best assassins to silence him (...err....moreso). After Ezio grows tired of the growing piles of his guildmates' corpses, he takes the contract himself.

That actually seems a plausible route the developers could choose to go with, the following, however, probably isn't even though it *SHOULD* be.

When Ezio first confronts Voldo, 20 years ago, he gets the ass whooping of a lifetime, barely escaping with his life. Knowing his obvious inferiority, he waits until Voldo is ancient and decrepit, foolishly thinking that this would change matters.

Then Voldo dances on his corpse.

The end.

hmmmm.....I'm more curious of his master than his relationship with Ezio,this line made me sooooo anxious to know what's going on with him:
Family: His parents and brothers all died in war. His master is Vercci who should be long dead.

I actually had not noticed that, good catch.

Didnt Voldo have/protect the Soul Edge Sword in SC4?! Hence the Eyes on his suit, and him thinking SE in his mind was his Master?

He doesn't look as muscular as he did in SC4, so he somehow lost SE?!

and like, Sieg has SC, NM has Phantom SE, Voldo has True SE (or whats left, after Sieg threw it into the Pit).

so confusing...

Vercci better be dead. Just think of how our favorite character will react when he finds out his master has been alive all of these years. He'll have a midlife crisis!

I could easily see Vercci being alive...ish.

In all of the games it has been said Vercci is dead and that Voldo was guarding the tomb. The "should" brings this all into question. If anything the fact Voldo is mad means that Vercci is probably a ghost or something like a specter of his mind.

Or possibly is one of the Malfested. Vercci demanded Voldo guard the tomb at the time of his death (or possibly before). We are never told how Vercci became deceased though. I'll admit I have no idea what they are going to do with his story mode.

He is a guardian I could also see him protecting something or another.

It would be awesome if they explained Vercci (I think that's what it was) And Voldo's mission. I mean we know his mission, but like... If he's still going at it, why? And who's Vercci?

I've read up on him a little bit. What I'm talking about like... More about him. Like during the games rather then before Soul Edge. He obviously still has an impact on Voldo, and (idk about SC4) but in 3 Vercci was talking to Voldo...
Just a little curious.

I had assumed that in SC3, it was Soul Edge tricking Voldo by using Vercci's voice. That's kinda how it goes for him.
I guess it would be interesting to know more about him, but he doesn't seem to have ties to any other characters.

I wish to double-like that post, but this secondary, congratulatory post will have to suffice

I can't help but wonder if Cervantes is going to play a role in Voldo's storyline. Cervantes is the one Vercci originally hired to find Soul Edge and as the way Vercci died is unknown it would not be a huge stretch to say that Cervantes might have killed him to keep knowledge of Soul Edge hidden.

I'm REALLY confused..
Ever the loyal servant, Voldo diligently obeyed the orders of his master, the wealthy Italian merchant Vercci-- or so he believed. In truth, he served an illusion created by the cursed Soul Edge, at least until the deception was shattered by a purifying blow from Kilik's Kali-Yuga staff.
Back in his right mind--if one can call it that--Voldo decided to return to his duty as the guardian of the Money Pit, the secret underground chamber where Vercci had hidden his fortune.
But Voldo arrived to find that the storehouse had been ransacked by thieves. Using the keen sense of smell he had developed living in darkness, Voldo painstakingly tracked and killed the culprits, determined to recover every last piece of Vercci's stolen treasure.
Many years later the final bit of treasure was back in place, and the Money Pit was restored to its former glory. But Voldo couldn't escape a gnawing sense that something was missing. Something that had only barely slipped through his grasp 17 years ago...
He sealed his master's treasure trove once again, and returned to the surface world.
He must find his master... His true master. He must find Soul Edge.
The cursed sword's lie had become Voldo's reality...
Does this mean that "Vercci" was just an illusion?!

I'm pretty sure it was for SC3. In SC1 SC2 I believed he was waiting for Vercci to return. I dont think he was hearing any voices back then, only in SC3-SC4. SC3 is when I believe he brought back the True SE from that Pit back to his Money Pit. HE didn't wield it, but he was possesed by it (sort of). How he lost it after that I'm not sure. He should know better...

I'm also not completely sure we can trust the US website for Soul Calibur V considering how many inconsistencies exist between it and the Japanese website.

Back