School of CaS: Advanced CaS Technique

I wonder how many of these techniques will carry over to SC6. Here's hoping they at least add options for asymmetrical designs.
I hope so too! If they do keep the bump mapping and SpecEq in SC6, you can be sure that 8WR will tear through most of the mechanics in a matter of weeks. In fact, once SC6 comes out, I'll probably ask the community to just list all the bump-mapped stickers in a thread. Or creating a thread listing differences between the SC5/SC6 creation engines, including comparison of obscure techniques like shine, dithering, and sticker reset.

That or SC6 goes with the SC4 bare-bones creation engine. In which case, I wouldn't even bother buying SC6 haha.

So it looks like all our old CaS techniques from SCV will be carrying over to SC6! *bump
Capture.PNG

At least it seems that there's no 6 small, 2 big stickers, going by that screenshot. if you can put 8 bump maps, or 8 numbers on there, that would be one less thing to juggle. Let's hope that a number of previous equipment got upgraded to accept stickers, too.

If there's no new option for longer hair, then it might be helpful to mention how to turn capes into convincing hair, too.
freemealrequestintegraa_by_freemeal-dcaocix.png

freemealsephirotha_by_freemeal-da7r8g5.png

So it looks like all our old CaS techniques from SCV will be carrying over to SC6! *bump
View attachment 51299

TBh on general races aside SC6 system seem identical to SCV one for most part, i guess 99% of tricks will get into next chapter

Too bad it seem they purposely keep out SCV standard costume parts, i guess for DLC $$$

Well, there's probably a bunch of parts that have to be unlocked before we know what's been kept as dlc. Hopefully not too much. Although your're right one of the pre-order bonuses is a dlc from scv, right?

First DLC pack Season pass has two armor packs to go with three as yet unannounced chars and Tira. Okubo said back at E3 there are supposed to be over 100 parts for CaS in the season pass. I hadn't heard about an SCV set specifically, though I'd wager most (all?) of that 100 parts is straight from SCV and LS. The only new parts I've seen on CaS are 1P parts from SC6.

Wish we knew exacly the parts ahead of time, because as of now there's no way I'm going all in on a mystery $30 prize pack.

Better it remained the same than to have lots of cut corners. Still hate the absence of facial hair options. Need to hope upper body/head equipment won’t break if you use the raccoon tail...

Better it remained the same than to have lots of cut corners. Still hate the absence of facial hair options. Need to hope upper body/head equipment won’t break if you use the raccoon tail...
Yeah facial hair was always difficult in SC, but there's literally a thousand ways to simulate it via SpecEq and stickers, some better than others. Your blonde avatar for example. Cat tail with subtle line pattern tucked into chin. For the thin moustache, two mirrored lightning bolts, hide the top halves with flesh-toned sticker. Or one pair of antennae clipped into philtrum with only the straight parts sticking out if you're out of sticker slots.

We doing VI tips too?

Tips for good screenshots?

This series could benefit from a photo mode or watch mode with a free camera. Now that there’s a built-in screenshot function, it’s easier to take good shots.

Also curious about good skin tones. And maybe the right faces to use for certain races.

We doing VI tips too?

This series could benefit from a photo mode or watch mode with a free camera. Now that there’s a built-in screenshot function, it’s easier to take good shots.

Also curious about good skin tones. And maybe the right faces to use for certain races.
There's a view mode in creation, that lets you choice over 30 stances, with an option to shut off the HUI. That's a way for good screenshots. I'll see if training allows you to turn off the HUI. SCV sorely needed it

We doing VI tips too?

For those of you looking to up your SC6 CaS game, all four of the lessons above are EXACTLY the same for SC5. The only difference so far is that the stickers are stacked RIGHT TO LEFT rather than LEFT TO RIGHT. Thank god PS kept the pocket stickers.

Does anyone know how to figure out the exact default colors of the customizations? for example: I wanna use Ivy's default haircolor on a different hairstyle but I finding the right one on the color palette is annoying and tedious expecially if you wanna do it for more items.

I found a couple of interesting things in SCVI. I don't think they are worth to open a new thread. But are interesting enough to share it.

1.Since the game allows stickers on main characters you can artificially change main characters skin tone.
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181021204146.jpg

2,Taki's underwear (shadow suit? sorry don't know the name in english), the ninja suit soul charge effect with the glowing letters Works regardless of the carácter you use. So if you make an Ivy costume or a CAS and give them Taki's suit, the letters Will glow when you perform soul charge giving a really nice effect.

I found a couple of interesting things in SCVI. I don't think they are worth to open a new thread. But are interesting enough to share it.

1.Since the game allows stickers on main characters you can artificially change main characters skin tone.
View attachment 52435

2,Taki's underwear (shadow suit? sorry don't know the name in english), the ninja suit soul charge effect with the glowing letters Works regardless of the carácter you use. So if you make an Ivy costume or a CAS and give them Taki's suit, the letters Will glow when you perform soul charge giving a really nice effect.

Excellent find Neclord, i really think there is huge potential once we learn the new bugs and combinations of bugs, intended and unintended features :) keep it coming, the only thing worth mentioning for me is the face expression for cool pictures (ref. Pirate with pipe or Jolly girl pics in my thread as an example)

Back