School of CaS: Advanced CaS Technique

20D4F6DC-072E-44A6-947A-464E437CF576.jpeg

Do the Angel Feather “hair extensions” work in giving Iris messier hair?

Another hair extension: side braids (I don’t know what they’re called. Kagero from Fire Emblem has them) using beetle horns.
68FBC7C3-46AB-491F-973E-63317E01B036.jpeg

So @Gatsu, I assume you mean the tiger stripes for the custom hair pattern?

No, for hair better use normal stripes patterns of first panel

The purple-green-red one using 3 shades of same color can work

@Spellcraft :
-Bettlehorns look more like a circlet than a side braid, i would consider simple horns with patterns.
-The leather wrap is banned from all my CAS forever, the pattern of the leggings works tho.
-Iris hair extensions work for me, because white on white is less obvious since the feathers are oddly bundled together, and hard to hide part of, and they are well positioned on your IRIS, i am almost certain they look great in-game both from front and back :)

-scottish fighter hair ext with subtle pattern same angle as the genuine haircut : flawless victory dude :)

There are a numbers of other messier patterns that work great with hair...

Last edited:
Now that's a tricky one, but i think it is unintentional yet not a bug per se.

On the lifeless shapeshifter preset, you can have pupils in the eye, here is how it works :
If you position a -shrunk to minimum in rotation mode- sun sticker into the left (screen view) eye socket, it will magically duplicate to the other eye (almost perfectly), saving one sticker, and the custom pupil sticker will rotate normally since the eyeball still moves (only visible when you have added the pupil of course, that's the catch !
You can do this but cannot add a sticker below and change the color of the cornea though, maybe you can, just haven't figured it out yet, as any other sticker you place just fills the normal pupil space...

I did this on Tupakan at first, but it looked kinda weird with colored pupil and golden cornea, so i removed it, plus a living godlike golden statue doesn't really need pupils, does he now ? :)

Or you can do this, but how ? :)
1542988626697.png

Last edited:
Will try the horns. The Beetle Horns were a wee bit too metallic.

Azwel’s lower robes would work for Lucia, but they’re men only. The leather wrap is my only option so far since the Valkyrie Fauld is too metallic and Bat Wings are too stiff.

Ok, i see...

When you want to apply dirt and grim/blood/dents to weapon or clothe, another less obvious way to do it is pattern (black/white/small green dots), size up until you reach the desired effect. More versatile than cow patterns and military camos for small details...you can see it is not only dots, but specks that can be used in different angles etc.

GOOD NEWS!

The Nier DLC will feature a whole bunch of new Special Equipment (ExEq).

Bad news is that they're pretty boring. Pretty much two varieties of spheres and one boxy item (book). You guys can now make your creepy Chun Li buns. Then again the book might look like lacing if clipped into a dress.

Untitled.jpg

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1glvBwzChnGbAIP8vAqhmEcfPPYcMCxPa4RDxKUyV_d4/edit?usp=sharing

Anyways thought I'd create a spreadsheet of sorts for motifs and items. Quickly set up, so if anybody has a more convenient method of presenting this, feel free to set it up that way.

It'd probably be smart to link to a screenshot or even provide some coordinates.

Probably a good idea, i just eat spreadsheets and powerpoints all day, so i think pictures (like a collage of all weapons and all ExEqs) would be great tho, not that i don't have most of it in head already...

Back