SCIV: Amy Vs

pixel09

[09] Warrior
Need help against a character or have advice for beating a character. Let's start with beating our own, because no one likes losing to their own character.

Amy Vs Amy

Key weaknesses
1. Weak range.

2. Amy is quite steppable. General rule is her distance moves are weak to 8wr right and her close range moves are weak to 8wr left.

6BB - 8wr left or 1p 7_8_9
3B - 8wr right or 1p 7_8_9 (3B barely tracks 8WR left, though, and the follow up low tracks both directions)
8WRA+B - 8wr right or 1p 1_2_3
66A - 8wr right or 1p 1_2_3
33B - 8wr left or 1p 7_8_9

3. Do not be afraid to interupt her after blocking her pokes like 6BB. Aside from her very slow 66A and 1KA she does not have good frames on block to keep attacking. She can not hold a solid offense unless she is hitting you.

Things To Remember
1. 6BB~236BB is only interuptable by yoshi's 2a:B on block, but nothing stops it on hit. - TaXi

Block Punishment List (FOB = Frames on block)

Code:
Horizontal Attacks
Attack         FOB          Punisher
  AB           -12            6BB
  1A           -21            33B
  4A           -17            66B

Vertical Attacks
  6BBB         -16            66B
  3B           -15            BB
  3BA          -11            6BB
  1B           -18            66B
  4B           -16            66B
  FC 3B        -15            6BB
  FC 1B        -17            66B
  Jump B       -14            6BB

Kick Attacks
  6K           -12            6BB
  6K~236       -20            33B
  2K           -13            FC A
  1K           -16            66B
  4K           -12            6BB
  4KK          -14            6BB
  FC K         -13            FC A
  WS K         -14            6BB
  BT 2K        -19            33B

Simultaneous Press Moves
  6A+B         -17            66B
  6A+BA        -12            6BB
  6A+B~236     -26            8WRA+B
  2A+B         -13            FC A
  8A+B         -14            6BB
  FC A+BA      -18            66B
  2B+K         -18            66B
  4B+KB        -16            66B

8-Way Run Moves
  11A          -11            6BB
  44A          -15            6BB
  44AB         -13            6BB
  44B          -17            66B
  66K          -12            6BB
  8WRA+B       -12            6BB
  66B+K        -18            4BB
  Run K        -22            8WRA+B

Special Moves
  236A         -21            33B
  236B         -16            66B
  236BB        -16            66B
  236BBBBB     -16            66B
  236K         -14            6BB
  236KK        -16            66B
  A+BA         -15            BB
  B+KB         -14            6BB
  B+KK         -12            6BB
  A+KA         -14            FC A

addendum: after 6BB on block, 236B can be interrupted by yoshi's 2a:B. other than that, nothing will beat 6BB 236B on block, and absolutely nothing will beat 236B after 6BB on hit. if you're wondering, soph's JF 236:B won't work. apologies for the error!

At the moment, my challenge is Taki. Any ideas anyone?
Even though I am becoming a little bit more constant with Amy, I still get owned when the adversary is Taki....

use 6B as an interrupt after if taki goes into PO after a string on block. look out for 1BA PO and on block, always duck the 2nd hit and punish with WS moves.

Getting inside kilik is an easy task when you get use to his attacks. How i like how to get inside a kilik player is letting him attack until i see him going for that gajillion poke move(or any move that leaves him open for that matter), you side step before it hits you and viola he's wide open for whatever you want to do :D. Also his sweeps are a bit harder, however his mid to low sweep, i'm not sure what the right input is, if you block it the attacks don't push you that far off (if you're close) and it's very punishable with 6B+K or maybe not i'm not sure. ( sorry if i didn't make much sense haha )

I don't have the best tactics but they work(most of the time) heh i'm sure someone else with more experience can add more insight, i'm new to the whole soul calibur competitive scene.

Also any tips for Astaroth? i've been having the hardest time against him :/ his low sweep is just impossible for me.

against asta: 66A+B and 33B are great mid/long-range moves, and 1A is superb in getting in. 6BB mixups work as usual. if you jump the low sweep, you get a free BB, and possibly other things.

having a hard time getting in against Ivy when she does 214 from coiled whip stance and then the BBB after that move. not sure what move to use when the BBB whiffs or if I can interrupt inbetween those 2 sets of moves?

having a hard time getting in against Ivy when she does 214 from coiled whip stance and then the BBB after that move. not sure what move to use when the BBB whiffs or if I can interrupt inbetween those 2 sets of moves?

didnt find a move to interrupt but you can sidewalk the 2nd set but sometimes the 3rd hit of the 2nd set will randomly hit you. u can also use b+k counter too, but kinda risky if they delay the 2nd set.

Wow, 725 is in the house... good to see you man. As for your question, you can launch her with 33B I think after blocking the 214B. Also, 4A in range seems to interrupt her for a CH stun before the three hits come out.

Lastly, if you are side walking the first two whip strikes (to your right seems best), the third seems to miss if you input 8WR 8B~G~B at the right time for the nice stun.

I could use some advice going up against Seong Mi Na, I imagine it's similar to the Kilik advice, but anything could help.

Wow, 725 is in the house... good to see you man. As for your question, you can launch her with 33B I think after blocking the 214B. Also, 4A in range seems to interrupt her for a CH stun before the three hits come out.

Lastly, if you are side walking the first two whip strikes (to your right seems best), the third seems to miss if you input 8WR 8B~G~B at the right time for the nice stun.

haha wassup shauno! long time.. long time.

thanks for the tips.. i'll give those tactics a try.

OK, I played a decent Ivy yesterday for about 90 minutes or so... one thing that works pretty good when you block her 214B is to be aggressive with 33B or 66A+B (if she is farther back.

Normally when she enters the stance, it's done to first sidestep your attack that she feels is coming at her, leaving you vulnerable. If you think she is going to 214 you while you are poking in range, 3A will interrupt every time. If all else fails, guard high for the mids whip/shoulder charge, block the low on reaction, and 6B+K the unblockable attempt.

What about Tira? She's not very popular, thus her moves can be somewhat predictable; for example her WR move that propels you upwards really gets on my nerves!

What about Tira? She's not very popular, thus her moves can be somewhat predictable; for example her WR move that propels you upwards really gets on my nerves!
Amy is actually really good against Tira, she can punish several of Tira's moves that most characters cannot.

Key weaknesses
1. She has a lot of trouble stopping offense.

2. She doesn't have a definite weak side to sidestep, but she is fairly weak at tracking.

Just a few moves right off the top of my head that are punishible.

JS = Jolly Side, GS = Gloomy Side
Block Punishment List (FOB = Frames on block) Incomplete
Code:
  JS 6K         ?             6BB
  JS 3B         ?             6BB
  WR B          ?             6BB (close range)
  JS 66AA       ?             33B
  JS 66B        ?             66B
  1A            ?             6BB
  GS 88B        ?             66B

Back