SCIV ISO Mods?

Ian

[10] Knight
Hey guys, I stumbled upon this old video and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light as to how this was done:

To my understanding, you would need to extract the model data from SCV and I'm assuming do some stuff to it in a hex editor, and then rename/replace current existing non-conflicting armor pieces. Does anyone have experience with this?

FluffyQuack

[14] Master
Late reply, but this isn't straightforward. The mesh formats in SC4 and SC5 are similar, but not the same. People have mapped parts of the format, but there's almost no tools. I can remember talking to the guy who made this mod, and I think I remember he manually converted the model files by hex editing, and that's a rather crazy way to go about it.

Ian

[10] Knight
Late reply, but this isn't straightforward. The mesh formats in SC4 and SC5 are similar, but not the same. People have mapped parts of the format, but there's almost no tools. I can remember talking to the guy who made this mod, and I think I remember he manually converted the model files by hex editing, and that's a rather crazy way to go about it.

That's pretty unfortunate. It's a shame there isn't more interest in modding these two games, I think some modifications to the gameplay in IV could definitely make it a bit more enjoyable. The cosmetic stuff would be a bonus, but it would be cool to have the V costumes/characters as alt costumes as well. I'm primarily interested in editing the gameplay.