SCTier "Night Fights" - XBL and PSN Weekly Sets

How should we approach our content uploads?

• 2-4 smaller sets a week

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • 1-2 larger sets a week with specific dates for certain matches (1v1 Tuesdays, 2v2 Thursdays, etc..)

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Decide based on weekly feedback/requests

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

SCPartisan

Holy Moly
Hey guys!

No doubt you've seen our first set that we put up a few weeks ago (if you haven't, you can check it out here). We originally planned to have sets like this recorded on a weekly basis, but so far haven't been able to stick with that plan for one reason or another. So in an attempt to get back on track and organize things a little better I've decided to make this thread!

Let me start with explaining the whole project before we get into everything else.

Night Fights Banner.png

The "Night Fight" series (looking for a better name for this so if you've got anything in mind feel free to share) is basically a way for us to consistently showcase higher level play and players who are constantly looking to improve. Typically we'll be running FT10 (First to 10 wins) series, but we will be open to a number of formats such as team battles, and various "themed" matches that could fit within a team or FT_ set.

What I want to accomplish with this is:
  1. Showcase our talented players for our peers and spectators in and outside the community (gives newcomers and outsiders an idea of who to look out for as well).
  2. To hopefully improve match quality and practice levels within the community (this ties in with another project that I can't talk about yet :D).
  3. Creating an "event" that people can look forward to each week/every few days, especially if we can get an official SCTier live stream running.
  4. To entertain you guys with high quality matches between both well known and upcoming players.
  5. Getting more people playing one another.
So with that out of the way, we can get into how we'd like to set this all up.

We will eventually be compiling a list of players who will be able to participate in this so we can start getting requests, challenges and whatever else to select our weekly matches. Since I'm writing this on the fly, I'm not sure what our criteria to be eligible in this will be just yet, but we'll be figuring that out very soon so stay tuned!

So for now, you can help us out by showing your support for us at SCTier by checking out our content and giving us feedback on what you like and don't like in our videos/podcasts, which you can do in this thread. Besides that, just look forward to what we're working on because I'm pretty excited to start getting this stuff out on the regular!

Thanks for reading! Be sure to check out the poll up top as well!

I will update this post when we begin the "sign-up" stuff and whenever I have anything to add.

You can find more SCTier content in the following links:​

What a great FT10 that was. I learned some new things! I'm looking forward to more quality matches from SCTier, Keep up the good work!

I assume this will be US only but in case it isn't, I would like to be in. Anyway, I think 2-4 smaller sets would be better all round. Easier for you to upload, render etc and shorter to watch. I know sometimes SC can't really hold my attention when watching two people play for longer than like 10 mins without commentary.

I assume this will be US only but in case it isn't, I would like to be in. Anyway, I think 2-4 smaller sets would be better all round. Easier for you to upload, render etc and shorter to watch. I know sometimes SC can't really hold my attention when watching two people play for longer than like 10 mins without commentary.

I've actually been thinking about bringing on some EU players/community members onto the SCTier group to help cover events and whatnot in Europe since they probably have better insight about what's going on out there. Would be great to increase our coverage, but more on that another time!

In any case, I would be down to record sets by players outside of North America as long as the conditions are favourable for both players (EU vs EU or playable NA vs EU connection that two players agree on).

Seungcheul is awesome! Thats how you play mitsu!

Xeph beastly as always. Great matches.

I agree on the 2-4 smaller sets, but if its two say Giants in the scenes or like clash of the titans i think a FT 10 would be appropriate now and then. I enjoy getting to see people adapt to each others games throughout a long set.

Anyways good luck SCTier!

Hey guys, I'm looking for some players on XBL/PSN interested in playing some sets for recording tomorrow. I'll be around early morning (EST) until about 4:00 PM to record some games.

PM me if you are interested (Can't promise that I'll be able to accommodate all responses)!

Alright recorded 2 sets last night and were looking for more today.

PM me if you would like to participate in a match with someone and have me record the set. (I've taken note of names who are willing to participate)

If you have any questions or comments about the Night Fight series as a whole or our current player pool (more on that soon hopefully), feel free to post them in this thread.

@XBL players - Add the Gamertag: SCTier Official if you are looking for online matches/wish to be included in the first player pool for the "Night Fight" series.

Edit: The 2nd "batch" of videos has been edited. Just have to render and upload, so expect them soon!

Previews:
8ed3bc5bc20717a1239b6d13160122d3.png
1123a4ede0b01a4a3420ffe0da53381b.png

a7a849d245e73db1814f8da3e9403588.png

Back