SCV Ivy's top ten moves

I tried 1B BE guarded in training last night and the only thing that seemed to be guaranteed to hit was 4B.
According to Ring on a blocked 1B, BE, the 6B8,K is only guaranteed against some characters.
I tested it on Pyrrah last night, but was only able to get 4B.

The 6B8 did work on Natsu though... I had thought they were the same size...

Strange, Natsu always blocked 6B8K when I tested it.
I tested 1B BE, 6B8K (on block) on every char and these are my results:
1B BE, 6B8K frame-trap works on:
Z.W.E.I.,Raph,Siegfried,Hilde,Ivy,Cerv,NM,Mitsu,Maxi,Yoshi,Voldo,Asta,Algol,alpha-Patroklos
any other char needs the 4B
1B BE performed on tip-range allows Raph,Hilde,Ivy,Algol to block 6B8K
6B8K on Elysium, Kilik and Edge Master is dependent on which fighting style they copy

Strange, Natsu always blocked 6B8K when I tested it.
I tested 1B BE, 6B8K (on block) on every char and these are my results:
1B BE, 6B8K frame-trap works on:
Z.W.E.I.,Raph,Siegfried,Hilde,Ivy,Cerv,NM,Mitsu,Maxi,Yoshi,Voldo,Asta,Algol,alpha-Patroklos
any other char needs the 4B
1B BE performed on tip-range allows Raph,Hilde,Ivy,Algol to block 6B8K
6B8K on Elysium, Kilik and Edge Master is dependent on which fighting style they copy
I'll try and double check these... maybe get videos of them...

Ivy's back turned B+K is pretty useful. Use it twice and they usually get hit by the second one if they block the first. And it has some pretty decent damage.

I dont think theres a faster way to go into iWS
A good number of her moves leave her in crouching state so mixup possibilities there as well, you probably knew that already tho :P

IMO top10 moves are very dependant on matchups, just look at Rings punishment chart to see only differences in punishers.
I play against Astaroth a lot, and Ivy's kicks and longrange pokes like 6[ B ] would definitely be in her top10 list against Asta, when normally they might not be so useful

Advise against this -- the FC timing will more than likely screw you up after the cancel.

There is a sweet spot to do 2G - N for iWS moves. Just gotta practice it.

Sora's always here to burst my bubble...
did you test 8A+B{B} against viola yet?
that move is so sweet!

Sora's always here to burst my bubble...
did you test 8A+B{B} against viola yet?
that move is so sweet!

Lol, I don't mean to. =p (maybe a little... j/k)

Yes. Against Mitsu 66BB too. I think the move is underrated as most chars are not in range to punish it after the pushblock. It's hard to JG/GI on reaction too.

Lol, I don't mean to. =p (maybe a little... j/k)

Yes. Against Mitsu 66BB too. I think the move is underrated as most chars are not in range to punish it after the pushblock. It's hard to JG/GI on reaction too.

I tried to set CPU to:

1st :Block all
2nd: Just Guard

And it always gets hit by 8A+B,(B). The normal version can be JGed however. It seems there are a few moves in this game that you cannot just guard or GI.

A, A series
B, B series
6A series
Grabs
2A+B
3K series
1B BE
22B series(Whiff punishes)
2A
Honourable mentions:
44A
3B
3A series
CE
1A
6B series
B+K
FC 1B series
Tell me what everyone thinks about this list! Need to form a good arsenal of moves to use when I am in a mood for using Ivy. And yes, there are 10 honourable mentions

Hi ya all! I recently started employing GIs in my game (never used them before, but just saw their benefits against good opponents). So, are there better options after a gi then 1_2 B+K x2?

Back