SCV sells over 1 million!

It's hard to tell how much exactly it sold and when. The first numbers from May only listed Europe and Asia, and now everything is listed. I'm assuming the numbers listed today are for Europe and Japan since May, and USA since game was released.

Anyway, it's really difficult to tell if the game sold well enough for Namco to consider it a success. Compared to Tekken 6 and SC4 it didn't sell well.

Edit: Most amusing part of the investor report, they spelled SC as Soul Caribur.

I think they were expecting this, after all they have changed too much, the game don't have Soul Calibur feeling at all but still a good game,every time a game series changes the sales get a little low, but maybe in the next one they get a little higher.

I have to agree, if we get SCVI and it is a complete game, this stop-gap installment would have been worth it. But if the series ends here, without a shot at redemption, is just wrong.

I'm sure by this point the call has already been made to continue the series or not. I'm betting they will continue simply because at 1M sales, they had to turn a profit. Especially considering they surely didn't spend any substantial amount of money making this one. The latest Naruto sold less, and you can bet your ass it's getting another installment.

At this point, I am going to say the next Soul installment should be designed for the PS4/orbis/720/Durango/Infinity. This console generation is the walking dead and can not "wow" us any further. Plus to greatly expand the online presence, I think they may end up needing more memory anyway. The lobbies in SCV were a great addition, but they really needed to hold at least three times as many players.

Really, SCV plays so differently from the previous installments that it's almost like the start of a new series rather than the continuation of an old one.

That said, I'll be very surprised if there isn't at least one more installment.

so much whining for SCV...1.38 millions in 6months if someone here knows even a little about marketing would know that this is a rather impressive achievement. It almost guarantee a sequel.

And for those crying over how this soul does not feel like one, let me tell that the gameplay on this game is by far the best in the series and the most balance and the fact that you don't have your favorite ninja or whatever doesn't make this a bad game. Quite crying and be happy that the game is selling so well we will have a long future with this series.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/03/soulcalibur-v-naruto-unsg-sales-pass-1-million

I dont think people are whining, you see most of are just saying and wondering about a sequel,

Congrats to Project Soul on their accomplishment! They worked hard on this installment and by the look of it, we shall be seeing a SCVI pretty soon and not 4 years. PLEASE PROJECT SOUL DONT PULL ANY CRAP LIKE THAT AGAIN -_-.

so much whining for SCV...1.38 millions in 6months if someone here knows even a little about marketing would know that this is a rather impressive achievement. It almost guarantee a sequel.

And for those crying over how this soul does not feel like one, let me tell that the gameplay on this game is by far the best in the series and the most balance and the fact that you don't have your favorite ninja or whatever doesn't make this a bad game. Quite crying and be happy that the game is selling so well we will have a long future with this series.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/03/soulcalibur-v-naruto-unsg-sales-pass-1-million
I would say it doesn't feel like one because of its story mode doesn't have multiple stories for the characters, but I agree with you full on.

This is good news, despite all the downfalls I'm glad the game sold. No complaints though, this definitely ensures a next SC title in a few years. To sell that much within 6 months is AMAZING. Jesus lol

If Project Soul can fix there flaws in the next installment (meaning better modes multiple stories and the other shit we argue about now) we will have a making of a great fighting game folks.

Back