SCV Seong Mi-na wishes

JAGTHEGEMINI

[12] Conqueror
OK, even if there is almost no chance that the new SC comes soon and although the Mina section is still pretty dead, i want to write down my whishes for SCV Mi-na... a hopefully better Mina.

buffs:

AAB back from SCIII.
SCII 3B back plz. In general, her moves should get rid of that staff/blade hit system and no matter how far she is away from the opponent, the results of a hit should be always the same, as it was in all SC´s before SCIII.
SCIII 22/88B back
3KK from SCII
2A from SCIII
1KK back from neutral
66KKK launch on normal hit again.
old 6K animation. Since Mina always had the superior version of 6K in relation to Kilik, i don´t understand why she lost that move, and not Kilik.
Oh, and overall safer and more damage.

Nerfs: Nothing, ´cause SCIV Mina is... Yeah you know it.

Aside from Yoshi, I do spend a lot of time with Mi-na. Getting to the point, I can agree she did feel a whole lot better in SCII-SCIII. I mean in SCIV, I felt as though they neglected her completely and gave Kilik too much love -_-
But please continue to tell more of how Mi-na could be improved. I don't mind.

There's no reason to get rid of what makes her unique. Tip range is a fine idea.

She needs some tweaking to make her viable in Soulcalibur 4, but without any ideas of the new systems Soulcalibur 5 might have it's impossible to say what else should be changed.

If the soul gauge and critical finish systems make it through intact, then Mina being centred around that is fine.

What she'd benefit from most is the same thing every character would benefit from - cleaned up hit properties and hitboxes. There's no reason 8a+b should whiff, there's no reason 6ak shouldn't work against crouching opponents.

The only things I'd want back from old games would be improved aGI frames, bA, and all her cancels. She should get every one of them back.

I got to play some SCIII Mina today

She seemed more fun.

I like her new moves in SC4, but she needed her old ones also.

Some changes I'd love to see

6 B+K auto-GI should work on all verticals with a more active auto-GI fames
4 B+K auto-GI should work on all horizontals with more active auto-GI games
would like to see SCIII 2A and 6B+K returned (with new command)
she should also get more cancels/feints.

Mina to me should be this:
medium-long range with good power. Predictable yet safe on block power moves, combined with a good, fairly safe ranged guessing game for low damage. Auto-GI moves as a defensive gimmick, but otherwise poor in-close.. Kinda slow on foot.

Getting her 2a back would be nice, but not totally required if other moves can pick up the slack.

Giving aab knockdown on ch would be pretty swank.

There's no reason to get rid of what makes her unique. Tip range is a fine idea.

I see this different. She is the only char in the game who suffers because of that.

I mean, they could have done the same with Asta or Zasalamel... But no, Mina is the only char who has that stupid range/close hit phenomenon.

It´s so unfair... I can´t stand it.

She doesn't suffer because of that. She suffers because her moves are slow, linear, unsafe, and prone to whiffing. None of that has to do with tip range.

She doesn't suffer because of that. She suffers because her moves are slow, linear, unsafe, and prone to whiffing. None of that has to do with tip range.

I would rather say she suffers from ALL! those aspects.That tip range thing included...

But hey, that´s just my oppinion.

I think Mina need to keep her originality though. She broke away from being a bad Kilik clone in SVIV, so i dont think bringing any of her old moves back would make her any better, they would just make her less original again.

The best thing i can think of for Mina to have her more fair is to make some of her horizontal attacks a bit more faster, because all of them fail at speed, all of them, except 6AK, which is unsafe because the kick whiffs a lot.

A lot of people dont realize that Mina's game is all about spacing, which is why they fail at her, thus making her seem more underpowered than she really is. She maximizes at long distance, and mostly fails at short/mid range, so I think a few more moves that increase the distance between her and her opponent could be useful, even though she already has good amount.

I dont know how her step game compares to others, but i think a really good back step would be really useful in creating distance without needing to attack, because iv tried to back step a few things and it usually doesnt work as well as i hoped it would.

And lastly, i think she needs more of an advantage at tip range. The extra perks that you get are nice, but honestly, they are as good as what other characters get from any range.

Some moves that i think need adjusting:
-22/88K needs to have better range, it only hits when your right next to the opponent, where you never want to be with mina. Plus, its delayed, so she easily gets attacked while trying to use it. It is a useful attack to fake characters out with the delay of the low attack, but i often whiff.

-4B should make her back step on block also, or even have an automatic step on hit. It only allows her to back step on a counter hit i think, so that quick attack to gain space is often wasted.

-6AK, make the kick mid, or do something to make it stop whiffing all the time. It pisses me off when i go for the quick attack, pull off the first hit, but then am at a disadvantage because of the whiffed kick.

-3K is a nice attack to close on on an unsuspecting opponent. It even has a perk at tip range which stuns the character. WHOO! However, the stun is almost useless as your often too far away from the opponent to go into 33KB for the combo. Only thing you can really do there is 3B which does pitiful damage after they are stunned and doesnt force them to be flung into the air.

Mina's stepping game is pretty good, not nearly as godly as Hilde's though.

I agree with you about tip-range. So far, tip-range has only nerfed her. She can't trip her opponents up close unless on CH, which is down-right patronizing. It's nice that you get a noticeable damage increase from tip-range, but her damage isn't as good as it should be in close combat.

Mina shouldn't carry any of Kilik's antics anymore. Give her back her old moves such as:

SCII:
bK
33AA/33AB

SCIII:
bA

66B
22_88B
1KK from standing
2A from standing

Replace her:
6A+B with her 33AA/33AB for SCII | 6A+BA/6A+BB
6K with her bK from SCII| 6KB/6kB? Move her 6K to FC 3K.
2A+K with SCIV's 2A, let 2A+K be 22_88kA.
Make her 66B from SCIII aB.

What about those moves Kilik had in SCII that he could do while retreating using Mina's 4B? Maybe she could have those since Kilik doesn't need them anymore?

I got to play some SCIII Mina today

She seemed more fun.

I like her new moves in SC4, but she needed her old ones also.

Some changes I'd love to see

6 B+K auto-GI should work on all verticals with a more active auto-GI fames
4 B+K auto-GI should work on all horizontals with more active auto-GI games
would like to see SCIII 2A and 6B+K returned (with new command)
she should also get more cancels/feints.

Mina to me should be this:
medium-long range with good power. Predictable yet safe on block power moves, combined with a good, fairly safe ranged guessing game for low damage. Auto-GI moves as a defensive gimmick, but otherwise poor in-close.. Kinda slow on foot.

Compared to my other main Yoshi?
I think she has decent step.
Then again I could be biased on this.

the tip range stuff is great. it gives her a unique feel amongst the whole cast. what i'd like is better tools to push your opponent back... more moves like B4B but faster, safer and even horizontal, so that getting near her was a frustrating exercise. also her 33AA would be useful if faster, so that she could get RO out of nothing like Seig and Nightmare can... not to mention Kilik

i think this version of mina is my favourite yet, she just needs a few more tools to make people scared of her (asura, aG:A, etc)

Back