SCVI Character Select Screen - 3D Models or 2D Art?

Which style do you prefer?

• 3D models

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • 2D artwork

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Hybrid: show artwork until model loads

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Hybrid: show artwork until character is selected

Votes: 29 49.2%

• Total voters
First of all, @Norik, those mock-ups look fantastic. The character select screen looks gorgeous and I think the character art provides a wonderful aesthetic pairing. But because CAS is a thing, I don't think pure 2D could work. But either of the hybrid options would also look great.
Which led to a really lame showdown on the loading screen, two lifeless cards.
More than anything, I hope we never see those damned cards again. They always killed my hype before the match even began.

Since i mostly play with customs, I would not see much of the characters, so models would look better for me,. Don't get me wrong though, the artwork looks cooler in my opinion. Maybe faded out artwork for CaS's? Like in SCV while the model loads?

I like the idea of having it as an extra unlockable option/bonus feature in game so they do something with that nice artwork.

I adore the character artwork like they did in SCV, though I always thought it was kinda lame how CaS was limited to those tiny floating cards lol. It would be awesome if we got like a darkened, gendered warrior silhouette for CaS.

The silhouettes in IV cards looked cool enough but maybe we’ll just get the emblems for customs? Unless we can somehow create emblems for them if the stickers return?

Back