Pre Release SC6 Kilik Gameplay Discussion

So 3K and 3kk looks pretty good now with that CH stun, so they a reverse mix up with either just 1 hit or 2. Just need to find out how safe both hits are.

Last edited:
Im gonna love it if his 3B is i18 like Mina and it gonna be much more easy to hit confirm into a combo, I couldn't really do that with Xiba 3B

SCVI Exhibition Kilik Highlights

Kilik Soul Charge
Kilik Soul Charge.gif

Kilik 3B ~ 3AB ~ 3kB ~ 6K
Kilik 3B ~ 3AB ~ 3kB ~ 6K.gif

Kilik 6BB (CH on 2nd Hit) Lethal Hit 2(B+K) ~ Monument B+KBK
Kilik 6BB (CH on 2nd Hit) Lethal Hit 2(B+K) ~ Monument B+KBK.gif

Kilik looking really nice at first glance. Seems like he can control space really well. Not liking his WRK. Gimme WR KB from SC2 anyday.

Very interesting development so far, it's going to be slightly odd to get used to some of the new inputs for Kilik's moves, but for the most part it's the Kilik moveset that we're all used to which makes me happy, not only that, but the Evil Seed form looks pretty fun too, a more devastating, aggressive Kilik sounds right up my alley.

I mained Kilik in SC2, so excuse my ignorance on some of the stuff i'm not recognizing. I know he has new(er) wrB which I approve of. That one kick(3K perhaps?) that hit from way out looks good. He's looking to be a mix of all his versions, along with some of Xiba's sutff. Can any Xiba players comment?

I mained Kilik in SC2, so excuse my ignorance on some of the stuff i'm not recognizing. I know he has new(er) wrB which I approve of. That one kick(3K perhaps?) that hit from way out looks good. He's looking to be a mix of all his versions, along with some of Xiba's sutff. Can any Xiba players comment?
Xiba wasn't my main in V, but I did play him, looking at this Kilik, I feel like he barely resembles Xiba at all, he maybe has 1-3 moves that were Xiba's originally, maybe 2-3 of his moves now have the same input as Xiba's like with A+B, but it works like it used to in IV instead, also yes, I am aware that Kilik is more reminiscent of the SCIII/IV versions of himself, but I did notice he gained back a bunch of his old SCII moves, like Building Bridges (88/22 , B,B,B) for example, a move that wasn't in Kilik/Xiba's moveset in III-V.

Kilik and Xiba play nothing alike. Xiba's more rushdown, Kilik is more spacing, fakes, and punishes.

This Kilik definitely resembles his SC4 self with a bit of his classic SC1 stylings. Lots of new animation work here on some of his stuff, but there's quite a bit of holdover from past games. All-in-all he's looking a lot like his high-tiered self in SC4 and given a bunch new stuff to work with while re-tooling a lot of existing kit (no 6AA:B+K, no GB Asura Dance, no 6). A lot of his new stuff looks really good and just tightens up an already excellent kit. I'm surprised his malfested form gets even more crazy good stuff like a suped-up version of his A+K.

Step looks pretty strong in this game, but I don't think it'll ever be as broken or as powerful as it was in SC2. And that's good for Kilik.

This looks like his new 3B which is really exicting as gives him a easy to perform whiff puinish. People have mentioned looks pretty much identical to Seung Mina 3B from sc4 and its i18 on sc4 which i would say would be a great speed for it even for a block punish on moves like Sophitia stab or Cervantes aB assuming they are still -18. It also has lethal hit properties on CH.
soulcalibur_vi_kilik_vs_sophitia_gameplay-gif.48111
This new "3B" goes under highs too.

SCVI Kilik is looking like a smoothed out version of his SCIV style, with lots of evades and good lows but giving him decent interrupts with a Xiba 2A and 3A, improved aGIs possibly even better than Xiba's, an easy whiff punisher and block punisher (i14 aB, while good, was kinda hard to use in SCIV, and its input changed in SCVI), and a long range mid horizontal that's under i30 (that has to be slightly unsafe on block... or at least only half circular). And don't forget the sleeper top tier long range fast safe mid poke, FC 3B, returns. Hard to tell at this point if he has any glaring weaknesses anymore, seems like he has it all. I'll definitely be trying him out, I really liked SCIV Kilik and Xiba was huge disappointment.

Is it possible to duck evil Kilik's CE on reaction?

It's possible since Malfested Kilik's CE is high. It's a unbreakable throw CE like Astaroth's & Ivy's in SCV.

SCVI Kilik is looking like a smoothed out version of his SCIV style, with lots of evades and good lows but giving him decent interrupts with a Xiba 2A and 3A, improved aGIs possibly even better than Xiba's, an easy whiff punisher and block punisher (i14 aB, while good, was kinda hard to use in SCIV, and its input changed in SCVI), and a long range mid horizontal that's under i30 (that has to be slightly unsafe on block... or at least only half circular). And don't forget the sleeper top tier long range fast safe mid poke, FC 3B, returns. Hard to tell at this point if he has any glaring weaknesses anymore, seems like he has it all. I'll definitely be trying him out, I really liked SCIV Kilik and Xiba was huge disappointment.

SCVI Kilik is like his SCIV self, but better.

Back Parry A being much more useful dealing with Vertical Slashs and causing a Lethal Hit.
214 A Lethal Hit.gif

Monument A causes a Lethal Hit making it easier to combo into the BK part of the string. Monument ABK is a NC & it's better than the SCIII because you can combo.
Kilik Monument aGI A(Lethal Hit).gif

Monument ABK SCVI.gif

Kilik Monument ABK SCIII.gif

It is important to make a distinction that Evil Kilik's CE is an unblockable and not a throw. If it was a throw you would be able to guard impact/reversal edge it.

Back