SCVI Mitsurugi Edits

WindupSkeleton

[14] Master
Share your self-made outfits for Mitsurugi here!
For edits of the base character only. Thank you :)

Last edited:
Arabian Nights Mitsurugi

Attachments

• 20181019191430_1.jpg
    20181019191430_1.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 722
Makes me wish we had an Arabian-themed character.
----
Heishiro Mitsurugi. Remember the name. And his sense of style.
1540087854577-png.52221

1540087808074-png.52220

Went for a more simple gi. Why do only the women get the one that'd be perfect for Ryu? I claim inspiration from his SCIII 2P for this design and I also want to note that I could have gone for white, but Haohmaru is coming back and wants to keep his design for himself. Instead I went with blue for the top half of his outfit and also chose to take advantage of another one of his available hairstyles. Kind of simplistic, but Mitsurugi doesn't seem the type to fuss about his apperances.

Ah, my 2nd main after Kilik. Both designs look amazing!😍
By the way, is that wave sticker on Mitsu's hakama a new item? I don't recall its existence back in V.

An obvious choice for Mitsu but damned if I don't love Kilik's 1P. It was pretty hard to add anything to this without it looking over-designed so, I kept it simple.
51688d4007fdcdb257e03ee88ef9bc90.png
Simplicity at its best, i'm loving that subtle, not over-the-top water scheme you chose for Mitsu. In case you want to add some stuff to prevent it from looking boring to your eyes, my guess would be the Dvapara-Yuga but coloring it in a way to resemble his prayer beads from his SCV 1P as some sort of a callback. Other than that, it's really awesome!

Looking forward to more of your CaS!! Btw, will you too have a thread dedicated to your creations?

Last edited:
Pretty nice one @WindupSkeleton. Love that we have a half robe. This alt reminds me of water, so why not spice it up and add the gate and wave motifs? I basically made a similar outfit to yours but for Yoshimitsu, so great minds think alike.
Simplicity at its best, i'm loving that subtle, not over-the-top water scheme you chose for Mitsu. In case you want to add some stuff to prevent it from looking boring to your eyes, my guess would be the Dvapara-Yuga but coloring it in a way to resemble his prayer beads from his SCV 1P as some sort of a callback. Other than that, it's really awesome!

Looking forward to more of your CaS!! Btw, will you too have a thread dedicated to your creations?
Yeah the water theme was deliberate, the thumbnail has rain and that crashing-wave background. I'm pretty fond of it.

I considered the motifs but I'm not a huge fan of many of them, I couldn't find a more subtle way to incorporate them and I'd be loath to just slap something on for the sake of it. If only they were recolour-able... Dvapara-Yuga might be a good shout though, definitely a consideration if I can make it look less... Bling-y. I wanted a humbler samurai look.

Thanks both for the kind words and considerations :)

And yes Ardent I plan on posting my own thread when I'm feeling a bit more creative :D I never had a thread last time... @VILARCANE lovingly made one on my behalf, so it'll be nice to run my own this time around :D

Yeah the water theme was deliberate, the thumbnail has rain and that crashing-wave background. I'm pretty fond of it.

I considered the motifs but I'm not a huge fan of many of them, I couldn't find a more subtle way to incorporate them and I'd be loath to just slap something on for the sake of it. If only they were recolour-able... Dvapara-Yuga might be a good shout though, definitely a consideration if I can make it look less... Bling-y. I wanted a humbler samurai look.

Thanks both for the kind words and considerations :)

And yes Ardent I plan on posting my own thread when I'm feeling a bit more creative :D I never had a thread last time... @VILARCANE lovingly made one on my behalf, so it'll be nice to run my own this time around :D
Many welcomes :D

That's great to hear!! I can't wait to see your works (and nearly everyone else's too) :D

An obvious choice for Mitsu but damned if I don't love Kilik's 1P. It was pretty hard to add anything to this without it looking over-designed so, I kept it simple.
<snip>

Ah, man, I'm really liking this alt! The asymmetry in Kilik's top works really well to highlight Mitsu's scars, which is always a plus for me - and I love how simple and clean the outfit feels, overall.

Ah, man, I'm really liking this alt! The asymmetry in Kilik's top works really well to highlight Mitsu's scars, which is always a plus for me - and I love how simple and clean the outfit feels, overall.
Thanks Leona! Simple designs are a huge plus for me so it's nice to know that's appreciated :) Per suggestion I have now added the Dvapara-Yuga and toned down the gemstones on it, the scars still show but perhaps not as much, but they're part of his character you often don't get to see so I thought it was cool to display them somewhat.

51688d4007fdcdb257e03ee88ef9bc90.png
I copied this exact build for a Japanese CaS too. Great minds do think alike. I really like the honest, functional design on this one. Just the right amount of pop. One quick tip. Place a turquoise circle sticker on the part of the pants that's (just barely) clipping through the top for a better blend.

I wonder who suggested the inclusion of Dvapara-Yuga😏

If it doesn't trouble you, would you mind sharing with us Mitsu eguipped with it, Mr.Windup?

I copied this exact build for a Japanese CaS too. Great minds do think alike. I really like the honest, functional design on this one. Just the right amount of pop. One quick tip. Place a turquoise circle sticker on the part of the pants that's (just barely) clipping through the top for a better blend.
Great minds indeed thanks ;) And yeah I didn't wanna give too much colour so I let the different shades of grey do most of the work with the teal/turquoise being muted but adding enough to stop it being drab.

That IS a good tip, I was wondering about that thanks.

I wonder who suggested the inclusion of Dvapara-Yuga😏

If it doesn't trouble you, would you mind sharing with us Mitsu eguipped with it, Mr.Windup?
It's in my thread friend ;) Thanks again for the suggestion though it was a very good one. :D

Back