Season 3 Wishlist

IMO Rock needs a heavy rework since he uses a mace but still sort of fights like he’s wielding an axe in some instances.

Also this will be me when Hwang has no crane stance

Why would they spit in Yun-Seong fans faces by giving Hwang the bread and butter of Yun?

IMO Rock needs a heavy rework since he uses a mace but still sort of fights like he’s wielding an axe in some instances.

Also this will be me when Hwang has no crane stance

Why would they spit in Yun-Seong fans faces by giving Hwang the bread and butter of Yun?
probably cause its the same character

I find your lack of Aeon disturbing. Also, no, we already know who Season 3 non-guest characters are thanks to the leak, there is no need to speculate.
Is that STONE, REPTILE, STAR thing? People seem to be very convinced that they mean something...

Rock and Aeon are obvious. STAR can be dabated, also I personally believe it's Yun.
What if I told you....

EA2EF2C0-2845-4ABB-B152-356E45C909CC.gif

I'd have to respond you are a real man of culture!
Still I think all clues point to Yun, but I'd love to be mistaken here.
I’d say he’s unlikely for a Season 3 too. I would like Le Bello back mostly for comedy and trolling purposes. Plus his Soul Chronicle can just be him trying to get rich.

@Klimat I'm still really skeptical about these codes meaning something. I mean, I really want Rock, but I can't believe they would leave this kind of "clue"

I’d say he’s unlikely for a Season 3 too. I would like Le Bello back mostly for comedy and trolling purposes. Plus his Soul Chronicle can just be him trying to get rich.

If they can flesh out someone as bland as Hwang with an actual decent story, they can do the same thing with Dampierre. Out of all the remaining characters, he's who I would like to return most, much to the dismay of OG fans, I am sure.

Algol is a certainty after what we saw right now with the new stories.

1) Algol

2) Rock

3) Li Long

4) New character and NOT A GUEST.
I think Li Long is really unlikely, at least Hwang was remembered, Li Long is kinda forgotten. Aeon is more likely and I don't even like him that much. Besides, the default game and the two Season Passes had guests, so you should really expect another.

If they can flesh out someone as bland as Hwang with an actual decent story, they can do the same thing with Dampierre. Out of all the remaining characters, he's who I would like to return most, much to the dismay of OG fans, I am sure.
Hwang is as bland as any character was in the original Soul Calibur, though, its not his fault that his only canon appearence after that game was this one (unless the Assassin in SC2 was canon, since we know they're the same character now). Dampierre, on the other hand is not really connected to the story, is a very mediocre joke character and is generally disliked by the community, I don't think any story mode can flesh him out, and I doubt Namco would include him.

They also left YELL, SNOW and YELLOW codenames and all of those payed off.
I guess it makes sense. If that is true, the REPTILE is Aeon, STONE is Rock and STAR is more likely to be Algol than Yun-Seong, honestly, I have yet to even see a good reason for STAR to even be Yun-Seong, while in Algol's case its really the best hint you can give with a name like that, so it makes much sense to be him.

What I'm more interested in right now is who would they pick as a guest, because, like I said, they already had three, one for release, and then one for each season. I assume Season Pass 3 would be the last one and they would probably want to end up with a bang, which makes me think of Dark Souls. The thing is, who would they pick from that series? It would have to be someone popular that could have an unique playstyle, but also someone that was not to ridiculous to fit in a game like Soul Calibur 6.

I first thought of Solaire, as he is easily one of the most, if not THE most famous NPCs in the series, but he really has nothing unique in his fighting style, in fact, most of the NPCs don't. Then I imagined Priscilla, but besides becoming invisible, she has no real big uniqueness. Ornstein would be a big contender, his size could easily be adjusted, he has a spear and some really cool lightning attacks. Artorias is also very popular, and his dark attacks are really cool. Dark Souls 2 has pretty forgettable characters for the most part, Lucatiel is the only one that comes to mind, but much like Solaire, she isn't unique when it comes to combat. Sir Alonne could be added simply because he is a samurai, but like I said, his popularity isn't nearly as high as characters from other games in the series. Sister Friede from Dark Souls 3 is a quite memorable boss and has a quite unique fighting style. Gael is also very memorable and unique.

Back