Season 3 Wishlist

Ramusu20

[07] Duelist
Let's consider they do a Season 3, despite the current situation and the leaks of Season 2 are true. Who you would like to see?

The character I want most is Rock. I know Astaroth has his moveset, but I was hoping they could give him the same treatment as Seong Mi-Na, Amy and Cassandra. I like his story with Bangoo and I wish they explore more this story.

The other character I'm hoping is Viola. I KNOW, I KNOW, she is better suited for SCVII due timeline. But I still like her fighting style. If we could have a new character with her fighting style, it would be enough for me.

Also, is there any feature you guys want to see? Personally, I'm only hoping for those two characters, but I know that Season 3 can have new features. I just can't think of a good one.

Let's consider they do a Season 3, despite the current situation and the leaks of Season 2 are true. Who you would like to see?

The character I want most is Rock. I know Astaroth has his moveset, but I was hoping they could give him the same treatment as Seong Mi-Na, Amy and Cassandra. I like his story with Bangoo and I wish they explore more this story.

The other character I'm hoping is Viola. I KNOW, I KNOW, she is better suited for SCVII due timeline. But I still like her fighting style. If we could have a new character with her fighting style, it would be enough for me.

Also, is there any feature you guys want to see? Personally, I'm only hoping for those two characters, but I know that Season 3 can have new features. I just can't think of a good one.
I'd like to see any combination of the remaining early saga legacy characters, Rock, Aeon/Lizardman, Yun-seong and Li-Long. But I suspect a third season would follow the existing paradigm and would be three of those and a guest and thus not allow for all four. I'm really crossing my fingers that the last guest is Tifa or a Tekken brawler, though I think the former makes much more sense at the juncture that S3 would be likely to be released. I would not grouse too much if Algol were included; he's not my cup of tea, but he does have a certain very loyal following--but he is certainly unlikely in any event.

Regarding Viola, I think she is unlikely, but as of Amy's soul chronicle, not to be discounted 100%. But it's actually got me thinking about something I've been ruminating on a bit lately when contemplating the roster in future games: what will they do in the post-Viola Amy narrative arc? Is it possible that in some future iteration of the character we could have an Amy who, instead of the flower nonsense, wields her rapier and crystal ball together? Because I have to say, that could be pretty damn dope; even if it meant them omitting Amy and Viola's traditional movesets (two of my all time favourites) in a given game in order to try out this hybrid, I'd be down with them taking the chance on that particular experiment.

As to non-character S3 hopes, I'd really like to see more stages beyond the obligatory guest stage and variations on the rather weak existing stages. I'd like the CaS parts to dig a little deeper into the past games for legacy items. The return of Team Battle would be awesome and would take them virtually no effort--it's not gonna happen, but I gotta say it every time. And if they could drop Edge Master as a freebie for everyone a week after the final S3 DLC, I think that would be awesome...but, again, unlikely.

Last edited:
I'd like to see any combination of the remaining early-saga legacy characters, Rock, Aeon/Lizardman, Yun-seong and Li-Long.

Yeah, among the veterans, these four are the most likely to join the game, due their ranking on the popularity poll and timeline. I also think that they wil follow the same scheme and add three of them (Yun-seong, Aeon and Rock being my guesses).

I'd like the CaS parts to dig a little deeper into the past games for legacy items.

Now that you mentioned, I also would like to see some parts of the previous games.

Hey guys, it’s a popular idea that Algol is going to replaced by a lesbian barbarian.

She’d embody fanservice of course, as a buxom lesbian. Olga “Algol” the Hero Queen! Vergeben leaked a lesbian barbarian so what if this is their chance to make it real!

Hey guys, it’s a popular idea that Algol is going to replaced by a lesbian barbarian.

She’d embody fanservice of course, as a buxom lesbian. Olga “Algol” the Hero Queen! Vergeben leaked a lesbian barbarian so what if this is their chance to make it real!
Enough, please, enough. The joke is not that funny to begin with and it really does not need to be transplanted into every single friggin' thread--or even every one which relates to future characters. Neither of those two...let's be generous and say "proponents" of the female barbarian...has been active of late (at least not here) and the gravedancing over their poorly thought-out prognostications got old months ago. Aside from the fact that the persistent comments mean that if there's a character added that even VAGUELY looks like that (say any kind of tough/hard edge female character) Nyte will be back here and we will NEVER hear the end of it--not if this forum lasts until the heat death of the universe. Please, can we just not let sleeping dogs lay and be done with this lame joke? Please?

Last edited:
Enough, please, enough. The joke is not that funny to begin with and it really does not need to be transplanted into every single friggin' thread--or even every one which relates to future characters. Neither of those two...let's be generous and say "proponents" of the female barbarian...has been active of late (at least not here) and the gravedancing over their poorly thought-out prognostications got old months ago. Aside from the fact that the persistent comments mean that if there's a character added that is even VAGUELY looks like that (say any kind of tough/hard edge female character) Nyte will be back here and we will NEVER hear the end of it--not if this forum lasts until the heat death of the universe. Please, can we just not let sleeping dogs lay and be done with this lame joke? Please?

Yeah, to be honest, I'm also tired of seeing this joke. But since I already discussed about a possible Season 3 with @Dissidia, I didn't complain...

Nyte created her, and I shall not let her die. Since this is a season 3 wishlist I felt the need to dance on the dead dream of a female newcomer replacing Rock, and the dead hopes of those who wish Algol got in over a korean.

Olga? Her name wasn't Natalie?

Olga is the lesbian barbarian replacement for Algol. Natalie is the replacement for Rock.

———

I’m shitposting because there’s really no need for a thread about this because Rusted Blade will say it’s Season 3 is not going to happen due to neo great depression. Also, we all know who the characters will be for a possible Season 3

Yun-Seong
Rock
Lizardman
Viola
Zwei
Algol
Dampierre
Li Long

Pick your poison it will be a combination of 4 of those.

Pray for Rock so we can enjoy the salt to its maximum potential

Edit: Viola is the dark horse. She is either very likely or very unlikely. If they are sticking to lore/timeline she's toast but if they are aware of her relative popularity for a SCV character they may acquiesce.

Last edited:
I want the costumes from SC2 and SC3 to return because it's really gorgeous.

latest

latest

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

latest

I’m shitposting because there’s really no need for a thread about this because Rusted Blade will say it’s Season 3 is not going to happen due to neo great depression.
Actually, Rusted Blade didn't say that, instead, he/she commented about what he/she would like to see, since I made clear on the top of the thread that it's a supposition that doesn't consider the current situation.

I guess as a SCV fangirl I'm gonna have to say that I'd want yun, zwei, viola and whoever happens to be the guest. If no guest idc who really, I'd kill for Ashlotte, but that's not gonna happen, so I guess damp would be my personal choice.

I'd like a couple more choices for armour break, like the option to choose what breaks, and the ability to change what colour a soul charge is/more types of soul charge. 2ps would be nice but I doubt we'll get them. Maybe just classic costumes.
As an aside, I want the bronze armour set from scv.

Team battle would be nice, or a 'handicap' battle, where we get to fight a set of opponents to make our own arcade or something.

Actually, Rusted Blade didn't say that, instead, he/she commented about what he/she would like to see, since I made clear on the top of the thread that it's a supposition that doesn't consider the current situation.

Oh I know I was just poking fun at an earlier post Rusted made in in a different thread about how we are all f***** and the economy won't support a Season 3 being made.

That being said, Okubo seems eager to start up the world tour for SC6 when it is possible as seen with recent tweets. If they are confident in the tour then I'd say there is still hope for S3

Oh I know I was just poking fun at an earlier post Rusted made in in a different thread about how we are all f***** and the economy won't support a Season 3 being made.
;D

Well to be fair, while I admit I was being a bit of a downer in that thread, I didn't technically say I was convinced one way or the other--only that the chances have gone down significantly in the last couple of months. For most of the last year I'd been saying that I thought a third season likely, based on Namco's obvious objective in trying to establish the continuing support sales model for its fighters. Now I'm just less optimistic, but still marginally on the side of being hopeful. Like every corner of the entertainment industry (and really markets generally) it will depend on how long this goes on for; right now, reasonable estimates for the contraction of the global economy by year's end vary between 14% and 35%, depending on how long the pandemic lasts and where it hits hardest. And that's the difference between 'a pretty tough year for most people' and the worst economic disaster in modern history with 3/4 of a billion people pushed into poverty and much of the middle class of even the developed world struggling to make ends meet. I'm hopeful for the former, but at the moment, the latter can certainly not be ruled out.

...Shit, I did it again...I gotta remember this place is for relaxing...

It is, until Nyte comes in and blows everything out of proportion with his childish (albeit rather amusing) tantrums.

My goal was to utterly and definitely smash this whole lesbian barbarian angle into the dirt. To absolutely make it beyond parody and ridicule that nobody takes it seriously (which nobody does anymore obviously), while also dancing on Nyte's utter failure to comprehend reality.

What bothered me so much about this whole barbarian woman claim is that Nyte would shout his fanfiction so loud and often that people took him seriously for a bit. (On other forums)

There were small youtube channels who would use Ntye/Vergebens claim that the 4th slot would obviously be a female newcomer because its a popular idea supported by a not discredited leaker. I would comment on their videos and ask why they thought there would be a female newcomer and they all pointed to forums where Nyte was.

After being fed BS like gay maxi and jacker by Vergeben and One Piece guests I really have little to no tolerance for blatant lies and deception in relation to hyping fans for SCVI.

It is, until Nyte comes in and blows everything out of proportion with his childish (albeit rather amusing) tantrums.
I can't disagree with that assessment, but my perspective is that if Betelgeuse goes away, you don't gather a crowd to chant his name thirty thousand times. :)

My goal was to utterly and definitely smash this whole lesbian barbarian angle into the dirt. To absolutely make it beyond parody and ridicule that nobody takes it seriously (which nobody does anymore obviously), while also dancing on Nyte's utter failure to comprehend reality.

What bothered me so much about this whole barbarian woman claim is that Nyte would shout his fanfiction so loud and often that people took him seriously for a bit. (On other forums)

There were small youtube channels who would use Ntye/Vergebens claim that the 4th slot would obviously be a female newcomer because its a popular idea supported by a not discredited leaker. I would comment on their videos and ask why they thought there would be a female newcomer and they all pointed to forums where Nyte was.

After being fed BS like gay maxi and jacker by Vergeben and One Piece guests I really have little to no tolerance for blatant lies and deception in relation to hyping fans for SCVI.
Personally, I have no problem with the ludicrous concepts themselves, and its not surprising they would spread like wildfire; the world is full of credulous people and its not like video game fandom has less of them on average. My only problem was how Nyte structured and defended his arguments and how he interacted with his rhetorical opponents--that was the core problem, and part of the reason I was first in line to push back against his arguments and the methods he used to promote them. But at the risk of sounding like a broken record, Nyte had his comeuppance in the community, in the form of real public humiliation amounting almost to ostracization, and I'm just not a fan of celebrating it forever. I mean, I get it--he was really over the line way too often and I understand why people might want to go scorched earth on his ideas so he can't come back and start it over again. But at a certain point it just begins to feel....small. And like its courting him coming back in full form, rather than leaving him the opportunity to come back a little milder and more reasonable. Which I grant is not terribly likely, but I think it's generally better to leave the possibility open.

I also really, really, really do not like that "lesbian" just randomly got stuck in there as the default term. It just feels very problematic, the way it has been used, like some people are just a step off from calling her the "Battle Dyke", because every tough woman has to be reduced to lesbian sexuality and lesbian sexuality has to be a punchline. I know most people probably aren't processing it in that way, but...ehhh, its not necesary--it wasn't part of Nyte or Vergeben's description and it really feels like we're just feeding into their kind of pigeon-holing by adopting it. I just don't think it's a good look for our community if I am frank.

Overall, I just favour letting sleeping dogs lay. Nyte is likely to come back at some point, and he is probably reading all of this and fuming. Don't get me wrong, when Rock is released, I plan to ping him a different version of the gospel song "And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place" every day for a month. And if he comes back with the same arrogance and disruption as he often brought to previously civil discussions again, I'll queue up with everyone to blast him down. But until then, I think we can cool it. Also, frankly--it's just not a funny joke at this point: that horse has been beaten into pate.

Last edited:
Aeon
Li Long / Guest
Rock
Yun-seong

They should give us better creation parts than they have been, but I don’t have great hopes on that front. A fun bonus could be an official 2p for every character that is also usable for creation, but that’s sadly approaching poor dream territory.

I do still want Edge Master, it’s baffling to me that both Tekken and SoulCalibur have ousted the mimic. I get that charging for one would be controversial, but a free update / season pass bonus would be more palatable.

New stages, assuming we get Jyurakudai Villa and Seong Dojang in season two, I would love to see Lakeside Coliseum, Valentine/Dumas Mansion, and Emperor’s Lotus Garden for season three.

If we got a guest instead of Li Long, I would say Kazuya Mishima to complete the triad of iron fist styles, since we’ve had Heihachi and Jin already.

For season 3 I want more stages and hella lot more CaS parts. Preferably I want all legacy parts from SC4 and SC5 back so that SC6 can finally become the ultimate CaS game of it's generation (and by generation I don't mean console generations, but the fact SC4, 5 and 6 all share the same basic asset libraries).

As far as characters go I want Aeon for Season 3, also should Season 3 happen, Aeon will be basically 99,9% confirmed by default, which is great.
Otherwise I don't really have any strong opinions.
I don't care for Yun-Seong, but I recognise he'll be as inevitable as Aeon, so hooray for his fans.
Between Rock, Li Long, Algol, Dampierre, Viola and Zwei the best option for me is Le Bello, but I'm not going to cry if he is not included. Rock or Li Long will be the most boring options, but whatever, maybe even those guys can be made cool somehow.

As for the guest character, I thought one from Devil May Cry can be cool, also it may be too late now, DMC5 is not a new game anymore and most people are over it.
Some posters here suggested Tifa from FF7 Remake, I think I'd like her inclusion alright (never played FF7 or any other game in the series, yet Remake clips actually look incredible to me, not gonna lie), the only problem is FF7 Remake is currently a PS4 exclusive with big fat hints suggesting a later PC release, with no word about an XBox version at all as far as I'm aware, which is a barrier for a multiplatform guest appearance. Not sure how much Sony is involved and how restrictive their agreements are.
Now something nobody mentioned so far (or at least I personally haven't seen anybody talking about) is that Haohmaru's inclusion tells us guests from other fighting games are very much on the table, also there are currently not one, but two fighting games with weapons not called SoulCalibur right in the spotlight. Those are of cause Granblue Fantasy: Versus and Guilty Gear -Strive-. Both are PC/PS4 games with no Xbox support, which might be a problem, yet in this particular cases I think it's much less about Sony throwing money at developers and much more about developers themselves simply not carring about MS consoles, so platforms might not be an issue. Also Guilty Gear -Strive- is actually published by Bamco in parts of the globe, so that partnership can obviously sweaten the deal between Project Soul and Arc System Works. Both games have a lot of cool characters to borrow.

Back