Season 3 Wishlist

I did read somewhere that Okubo liked a tweet that mentions another Samurai Shodown character as a suggestion for a possible Season 3. It seems like Okubo wants to do a S3, but maybe he can't tell if he will be able to do one...

Okubo said earlier this year that they want to have multiple world tours, and "no more guests for Season 2!" implying he wanted to give SCVI more post launch content/competitive events.

Who knows if covid changes this though.

I feel like any proud producer of a work would be happy if their product continued to go on forever, and as long as we the fans continue to support it, that can be a reality instead of a dream, so season three definitely seems possible, even likely, with how much money Namco has been throwing around with regards to their fighting games and season passes. Then again, we can’t hope too much, lest we end up with disappointment or despair.

No. Please not viola. Fighting her made me gouge my eyes out, and that's why I can't play no more Lol
Well, of course when she does return (and with recent set-up she almost certainly will; its just a question of which game) we would hope that she is much more reasonably balanced, with no infinite backthrow and so forth. But for my part, her style was (even if you refused to use her most broken mechanics on principle and because you didn't want to be a dick ruining the experience for others) one of the silver linings of an otherwise mixed SCV roster.

Don't worry. I accepted the fact she can't be in the game and the character I'm hoping the most now is Rock.
IDK Rocks movelist was way too watered down. There wouldn't be any reason for him to come back. I know for a fact Setsuka and Yun-Seong (Or hwang) are coming back because they're the only ones I can think of coming back, but for season two. Assuming there would be a season 3, we'd probably just have more guest characters....And one I HOOOOOOOPE to god is Cloud strife, only because no one never got to see him back in SCII when they slapped the fans in the face with Heihachi.

IDK Rocks movelist was way too watered down. There wouldn't be any reason for him to come back.

I was hoping they would revamp Rock moveset, like they did with Seong Mi-Na, Amy and Cassandra. But yeah, my hopes and dreams are getting destroyed every day... :(

I was hoping they would revamp Rock moveset, like they did with Seong Mi-Na, Amy and Cassandra. But yeah, my hopes and dreams are getting destroyed every day... :(
I mean, what could they possibly add on? His move sets was already too similar to Astaroths, and some of his signature moves are already used.

I want joke weapons again.
Ideally dango sticks for Taki or Natsu, whose weapons Awayuuki and Kuzukiri apparently are named after Japanese food(sweets) already xD
Another anime cliche checked lol.

Last edited:
And one I HOOOOOOOPE to god is Cloud strife
Nasty.gif

Hwang has apparently been leaked so there’s that. Same with setsuka.

As for what could they add to rock? There is a lot that they could do. If he is DLC they will have a lot of time to figure out a way to make him unique again. it might be for the best for him to be DLC rather than starting roster so that they can spend more time on fixing him

If they would want to bring in some FF remake character as a guest then it should be Tifa because she brings more uniqueness into the game (we already have two guys with oversized swords) while still being one of the most recognizable character in the franchise.
Also Rock can be brought back, absolutely no problem with that. It's not a matter of his moveset tho but of his popularity - myself I would love to have him back because of his character traits (also I always liked contrasts in character design/personality and Rock fills that very well with being a pure hearted giant) and since we have only one "big guy" in the roster and well... he was there when everything started in SB times. Only time will tell tho

I would love to have him back because of his character traits (also I always liked contrasts in character design/personality and Rock fills that very well with being a pure hearted giant)
I think that's the main reason why I want him back. I also love his relationship with Bangoo

If they would want to bring in some FF remake character as a guest then it should be Tifa because she brings more uniqueness into the game (we already have two guys with oversized swords) while still being one of the most recognizable character in the franchise.
I might even argue that Aerith as a spellslinger zoner would be aligned with our current aesthetic and it would be quite unique. Bonus points that we have Lightning’s English VA in the game already, so we can get a two for one if her outfit is usable in customization.

Fingers crossed for no guest or if it is a guest then please be the first DLC in the next season. It’s best to just get the guest out of the way first since they don’t contribute to the lore or story.

Fingers crossed for no guest or if it is a guest then please be the first DLC in the next season. It’s best to just get the guest out of the way first since they don’t contribute to the lore or story.
They did want to release Haohmaru as the first DLC of the season, but couldn't due to time requirements to create a character basically from scratch as opposed to porting/updating an old character.

if Rock returns would you have him keep the throws that Astaroth stole from him? Or just outright make new ones/replace them. I do feel bad if Rock permanently loses those throws because they were his for the longest time.

if Rock returns would you have him keep the throws that Astaroth stole from him? Or just outright make new ones/replace them. I do feel bad if Rock permanently loses those throws because they were his for the longest time.
I don't focus much in gameplay. I want Rock mainly because of his personality and story with Bangoo. I just hope he's not a clone of Astaroth

Back