Season 3 Wishlist

Half-baked bonus movesets are a waste of time and money.
A much more reasonable thing to expect would be 7 new specifically crafted CaS costume sets made with the same amount of care as the main cast costumes.
This:

Unless you only play dress-up, the most important part of a fighting game is the quality of each character's moveset since it actually makes up the core gameplay.

The DLC characters have the better break-state outfits and its clear that Project Soul (when giving time and resources) know what they're doing since you have at least 3 options for the outerwear:
• Full top layer
• Damaged top layer
• Secondary underlayer (top layer gone)

Even SCIV at least had shredded/damaged item layers rather than disappeared parts. This is a real luxury if SC7 can be designed with all character's top layers having 3 possible options.

One thing that has yet to be implemented in any SC is having a robust weapon selection. At most it feels like 8 weapon models per character, and cranking that number up seems like an easy way to make people happy, considering modelling/texturing a weapon skin is a lot more easy than clothing parts.

Weapon packs as DLC might be a way to earn a little bit of money outside of initial release to help finance the team as they support the game with bug fixes/balance fixes.

Since you can re-color weapons, the new weapon choices should focus on more distinct shapes (ie cross guard design, hilt design, pommel design, blade pattern, scabbard variants).

If they were to add Yun-Seong, they wouldn't replace his moveset, but while I'm generally the guy that doesn't see a problem with repeated weapons, I don't think they would add Yun-Seong, because he feels too much like a lesser Hwang. Don't get me wrong, I know they can easily make their movesets distinct enough, but when it comes to making them DLC, it feels like a stretch, DLC characters that had weapons similar to other characters were similar to ones from the base roster (Cassandra-Sophitia and Amy-Raphael), selling Yun-Seong after selling Hwang doesn't even look good to promote, because a lot of people will think they're too similar.

If one of them was in the base roster, I'd absolutely agree that the other could be DLC, but both of them? I don't think so. It doesn't help that Yun-Seong doesn't really have much to add, and storywise, he is kinda similar to Hwang as well, with his relationship with Mi-Na. Algol feels like a much more likely add, he has been teased in the story already, he has potential to set up the events of the next game and his moveset is very unique (despite Azwel covering the theme of using the two swords), so I think he has a better chance to return than Yun-Seong, considering that both can be the "STAR" thing.

My comparison to Revenant in SC3 was meant to be superficial, not in reference to gameplay - although I haven't really played SC3 very much, personally, so maybe they could lift a few things out of Revenant's move set with confidence, I don't know, lol!

It's kind of interesting, I guess - how Yun-Seong used to be flashy and Hwang wasn't, and now it's the other way around.

I was just thinking, in the interest of adding both characters, while making Yun-Seong not seem like an uninspired addition, they could give him dual Chinese swords, like the ones Hwang was pictured with in his concept art (which I would take to mean, they already thought about it).

That, along with his crane stance, would make him a lot more visually interesting than otherwise, and go some way towards reshaping the character into a more straightforward martial artist, contrasted against Hwang's supernatural antics.

I don't mind repeating weapons either, to be fair, but like you're saying, having both dao users be DLC isn't a great look to begin with...

Lore-wise, I do feel that Yun-Seong would want to "up it" and outshine Hwang (granted, he doesn't know about Hwang's moonlighting as a vigilante lmao) however he can, so the dual Chinese swords would make sense for his energetic disposition and acrobatic flair.

It's also just a good way of implementing aspects of the SC3 bonus characters' move sets, which I think should be represented (where they differ significantly from the main roster's) for the sake of completionism.

That's why I suggested a flail-type weapon, like the meteor hammer or kusarigama, for Li Long. There're more unique things you can do with that, in terms of a move set, than there is with dual nunchakus. Even giving him back the old three-section staff would work for that purpose.

The point isn't that he would play like Aurelia then, just that we would have someone on the roster with a long-range fighting style that's more orthodox than the likes of Ivy.

No more guest trash

ROCK
AEON
LI LONG
ARTHUR

People would whine about no waifus, but reality is namco already spammed all waifus in start cast+first season
Plus people suck, SC fanbase in particular, so eh

The only Arthur that's ever going to be developed into a fully fledged character is King Arthur, which I think is Edge Master. Having the knowledge to summon (Ex)calibur in Geralt's story felt like an indirect hint he is the Briton king. Personally I think it would be amazing if he was as he is a cool design.

Every once in a while-y reminder of...
BANGOO!!!
Still convinced he'd be the most hype DLC possible, but feel free to convince me otherwise.
Also i really hope reptile is Lizardman.
Lizardman, not Aeon, at least not that winged fire breathing thing from SCV that can't even crawl.
I don't care about the name actually, just the moveset and the cool looks from SC4.
Last thing i bet they save star for last, to keep us guessing if it means Yun or Algol.
Please let it not be Algol.

I don't think they would make Bangoo a DLC. Rock himself isn't that popular, bringing a character whose only current claim to fame is being his son as DLC would be a terrible choice. Bangoo would have to be a base roster character, so he can grow a fanbase. Also, Lizardman is Aeon, it has always been Aeon, it was listed as his name before SC5, there is no such thing as "Lizardman, not Aeon", unless you're talking about the NPC versions.

I think Bangoo would be a great character, however I feel that his first appearance should be after the events of SC4. I'drather enjoy the adventures of Natsu and Bangoo than have Xiba and Lexia return.

I don't think they would make Bangoo a DLC. Rock himself isn't that popular, bringing a character whose only current claim to fame is being his son as DLC would be a terrible choice. Bangoo would have to be a base roster character, so he can grow a fanbase.
You have a good point in that he might have been better off as a base roster character, but i think many who remember him might be happy to finally see him in action.
And because his style would be new, few would instantly hate him like i would instinctively hate a returning Algol.
I'm sure he'd generate more hype than a returning Rock.

Also, Lizardman is Aeon, it has always been Aeon, it was listed as his name before SC5, there is no such thing as "Lizardman, not Aeon", unless you're talking about the NPC versions.
I don't care about the name actually, just the moveset and the cool looks from SC4.

Actually scratch that.
I do care.
He was introduced to me as Lizardman and i learned to really like him in SC4 as Lizardman, so even if his true name is Aeon, he will always be Lizardman for me.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'll never understand why they simply didn't call him Aeon from the start. Like, we KNEW his name was Aeon, his story said that is what he was called before the transformation, its not even a good way to promote the character calling him by a generic name like "Lizardman", this is literally what some RPGs call random mobs, hell, its what SC4 called random mobs just like they called him. Aeon at least shows that this specific lizardman is unique.

Aeon is far superior to lizardman. I do agree however yea the one thing that old lizardman did better than aeon was having the crawl stance but aside from that Aeons dual axe style makes him way more unique and way more intersting than simply being another guy with some kind of shield moveset or even a straight up sophi clone in earlier games. I also dont think that flight stance itself is a bad idea. Was it kinda useless in scv ? Definitely but i dont think its a bad idea and it can definitely be reworked to be interesting.

So in short Definitely bring back Aeon over lizardman but give him some kinda of crawl or feral lizard stance. He was pretty well rounded as a poke heavy fundamentals character in sc5 and i really like that approach. But having the option to give him some kinda of Voldoish interesting thats would definitely improve him even further.

Just for the love of god dont slap some random ass stupid mechanics on top of him like they did with literally everyone.

Aeon is far superior to lizardman. I do agree however yea the one thing that old lizardman did better than aeon was having the crawl stance but aside from that Aeons dual axe style makes him way more unique and way more intersting than simply being another guy with some kind of shield moveset or even a straight up sophi clone in earlier games. I also dont think that flight stance itself is a bad idea. Was it kinda useless in scv ? Definitely but i dont think its a bad idea and it can definitely be reworked to be interesting.

So in short Definitely bring back Aeon over lizardman but give him some kinda of crawl or feral lizard stance. He was pretty well rounded as a poke heavy fundamentals character in sc5 and i really like that approach. But having the option to give him some kinda of Voldoish interesting thats would definitely improve him even further.

Just for the love of god dont slap some random ass stupid mechanics on top of him like they did with literally everyone.
Even then just give 66A a LH and call it a day with Aeon. Kappa

Make him gain some stackable resource by biting the opponent lol.
And if you bring back wings and shit might as well call him dragonman.

The maximum id do with him is giving him fire breath moves or healing on consume type attacks tbh. Lets not make him another hwang.

I think Bangoo would be a great character, however I feel that his first appearance should be after the events of SC4. I'drather enjoy the adventures of Natsu and Bangoo than have Xiba and Lexia return.
Bangoo would have to be 30+ in SCV. He'd pretty much be the Maxi role in that instance.

Honestly, I'll never understand why they simply didn't call him Aeon from the start. Like, we KNEW his name was Aeon, his story said that is what he was called before the transformation, its not even a good way to promote the character calling him by a generic name like "Lizardman"
In the context of the cast being a bunch of random people, having one character who's selling point is "You can play as a lizard" would help him to stand out maybe. It also makes sense in that until maybe SC4-ish, he had lost his identity to begin with.

One thing that has yet to be implemented in any SC is having a robust weapon selection. At most it feels like 8 weapon models per character, and cranking that number up seems like an easy way to make people happy, considering modelling/texturing a weapon skin is a lot more easy than clothing parts.

Weapon packs as DLC might be a way to earn a little bit of money outside of initial release to help finance the team as they support the game with bug fixes/balance fixes.

Since you can re-color weapons, the new weapon choices should focus on more distinct shapes (ie cross guard design, hilt design, pommel design, blade pattern, scabbard variants).
I would be fully on-board for paying for this content, and I assume probably the average hardcore player (and needless to say, the CaS-oriented consumers) would be as well. But you know there would be no question that a certain portion of the consumer base would just love to make this this the latest thing that they bitch and moan about as an additional purchase--even if it did come after a decent weapon selection in the base game.

I think the ideal outcome would be a kind of syncretic fusion of the various elements. Thematically, I think they need to make this character look and play a little more like classical Lizardman: in fact, I suspect that, given their attachment for the classic lore in this game, that his standard 1P/2P weapons (and the one that features at least initially in the soul chronicle) would be likely to be swords, with axes and bludgeons and so forth being CaS alternatives. But as has been done with other characters, there is no reason why elements of the character's visual design and moveset aesthetics can't incorporate elements which originally came much later in the original continuity. Especially in Soul Charge, there is no reason why they can't lean into his more bestial side.

And as a mechanical matter, even if a lot of his classic moves are retained, there's still plenty of room to nuance the moveset to bring in a lot of Aeon's strengths. The rolls of both classic Lizardman and Aeon in their respective rosters are not light years apart, but one thing I liked about SCV Aeon is that the pushed him even further into an opportunistic niche: lots of insane but demanding combo potential, but only if you were willing to put in the work to learn the necessary positioning and timing and figure out ways to leverage it with smart play, and I'd like to see that be an important part of the newest adaptation on the character.

I would be fully on-board for paying for this content, and I assume probably the average hardcore player (and needless to say, the CaS-oriented consumers) would be as well. But you know there would be no question that a certain portion of the consumer base would just love to make this this the latest thing that they bitch and moan about as an additional purchase--even if it did come after a decent weapon selection in the base game.

Imagine the outrage if the weapons were behind randomized loot-boxes.

• Additional joke weapon
• Soul Edge version of weapon
• Soul Calibur version of weapon
• The Master series (SC5)

And thats not even including just new mesh+skin for similar/related weapons.
To entice buyers, they can have single-player only perks to "help" them with the libra of souls. I haven't decided if its a good thing to have "Pay to Win" but only for single player content. It would probably tarnish the competitive reputation of the series, which isn't worth iht.

Last edited:
Back