Season's Beatings: Summer Slam Results: Columbus, OH: 5/5/12

Sluch

[10] Knight
Here are the Top 5 results from Soul Calibur 5 at Season's Beatings: Summer Slam in Columbus, OH on 5/4/12 - 5/5/12:

Soul Calibur 5: (16 Entrants):

1st: Ryujin (Xiba)
2nd: Sluch (Viola)
3rd: MysticBill (Natsu)
4th: Dr. Mario Kart (Pyrrha)
5th(T): Micah (Astaroth)
5th(T): Polish Mafia (Pyrrha, Xiba)

It was a lot of fun & definitely some good games going on for sure this weekend there in Soul Calibur 5. Also, a big thank you to all the Season's Beatings staff for running Summer Slam (in particular The Kiest for running the SCV bracket), Momo2 for being an awesome venue, Spooky for streaming Top 4 in Soul Calibur 5, & most importantly to everyone who showed up to play in the tournament. It was a great time for sure & hope to see everyone sometime again soon & get some more Soul Calibur 5 in.

Good games to everyone I played this weekend in Soul Calibur 5: Ryujin, MysticBill, Dr. Mario Kart, Micah, Rekano, Goggles, & Kamui Moon. It was a lot of fun & I definitely hope to get some more games in with you all in the near future.

Woah Dr Mario Kart was there?

Dear Mister Mario Kart, if you go to these without flying, you should find ways to have me join you.

turn out was small. But it was also ran swiftly on Saturday once it started. GGs to everyone I played. sorry I wasn't there for the top 4. Something came up and we had to double time it back home this morning. I learned a lot of things this trip and im mad hungry for more games. But that was the last tourney I was planning on attending before EVO, which is also up in the air atm.

Congrats to the placers. While there was a small turn out, competition was damn fierce and did shake me up pretty good.

Nice meeting the Ohio crew. If you need something to remember me by, I did a spicy burrito challenge at Cazuela's Grill on High St. They took my picture for the wall. Shit was free. Spicy for Ohioans if funny.

Woah Dr Mario Kart was there?

Dear Mister Mario Kart, if you go to these without flying, you should find ways to have me join you.

More like Dr Major Kart, mirite?

Carpooling with me is difficult most of the time, because when I drive places I take a long time zigzagging all over the place on unrelated business. I've been on the road since Wednesday, and I probably wont be back in Austin until this Wednesday.

I'll keep it in mind though. I'm sure they'll be something in the future we can do.

Rekano: Though the turnout was pretty small, the competition was indeed fierce. I really enjoyed all the casuals I got in with everybody. It was awesome.

I saw that you weren't gonna try to go to anything besides EVO perhaps Rob, but if you don't have anything going on Saturday May 19th, try to make it up to Arcade Legacy for our ranbat that starts at 4pm. It's a week before UFGT8, so I know people will wanna get some practice in.

I'm gonna be doing some texts & calls to try to get some people to go to this for some really good practice. I got MysticBill, Ragnarok, & Senzait down here last time for the SCV ranbat & it was a lot of fun. I'm gonna see if MysticBill & Ragnarok wanna go again since they don't live far from the Cincinnati area at all. I'd see if Senzait would wanna go, but I know he lives up in Ann Arbor so it'd be tough for him to make it here again.

Also, I talked to Ryujin at Summer Slam & he was definitely interested in heading down here for this along with some of the other Michigan players, so if they show up, it'll be really awesome...having all these peeps here plus all my friends that usually play SCV here at AL in the Cincinnati, Dayton, & Northern Kentucky area, it'll be one hell of a time for sure with lots of good Soul Calibur going on.

Dr. Mario Kart: That's awesome that you took that spicy burrito challenge there. I can easily say that Texas can do spicy food right, so that stuff in Columbus was nothing compared to what they have down there where you live.

Dude, that's crazy you drove from Austin, TX to Columbus, OH & back. Damn...that's a lot of driving & dedication right there. Mad props on doing that my good sir.

Also, I decided to finally pick up a secondary character in this game & I went with Pyrrha on that. She really is a lot of fun & fits the character mold I like to play in most fighting games (good movement, poking, punishing, & whiff punishing). I was really liking how you were playing with her my good sir, so I'll see what I can do with her & try to have lots of fun playing with this character.

Can somebody tell me more about this Ryujin guy? I have about a 70% win ratio online with Xiba(3000+ matches) and would love to get better. He seems pretty good, so I might learn a thing or two from him. I've actually gotten A1 rank and #1 on XBL, but I can't help but wonder if he knows some things I don't, and getting #1 online isn't really all that great of an accomplishment IMO. I don't think I'm as good as I really can be with Xiba. I'd like to talk to him.

Sluch: Our future matches are going to involve a lot of back and forth stab action if you bust out your 2ndary vs me. I've, after 8+ years, finally decided to switch to a new main upon returning home. :p I'll try and get the Saturday off for that...dunno if I'll be able to get the Friday as well. So expect "Sir Sleep" instead.

Regardless. I'll continue to come to AL whenever I get the chance.

Rekano: Oh shit...are you picking up Omega Pyrrha there Rob!? That's definitely a good pickup of a character for sure if that's the case. It's pretty cool that you're picking up a new main, but at the same time, that kinda sucks that you don't wanna play Maxi as your main anymore. I hope you don't drop him or anything like that.

Hopefully you'll be able to get that Saturday off for sure for that ranbat. It's gonna be pretty badass I'm thinking with all these peeps wanting to or possibly can go to AL that Saturday to play. I'll make sure to get ahold of everyone & talk to them about it in order to make it an awesome day of SCV goodness going on at AL that Saturday.

GG's to all that attended. The tournament was ran well (even though it was a small one.) I had a great time and learned quiet a bit thanks to a few guys *cough* Bill *cough* Kameron/Webster lol.

Sluch - GG's bro that Viola was nice man. I had to run whole fight to win lol. I hope I can make it out to console combat and your Ranbats in the next couple of weeks. As far as picking up Pyrrha...I say go for it. I hate fighting her so yea ^^

MysticBill - Glad to play you offline. We had some good games and thanks for all the tips sir. I wish I didnt pass seeing The Avengers. Hopefully we can make it to the Ranbats and Console Combat.

Rekano - GG's man it was good meeting you dude. Its a shame you may not be going to anymore tournaments until EVO. I can't wait to see some more of that Maxi.

DrMarioKart - Nice Pyrrha man. I'd love to play you some more.

Tonloc - Send me a friends request on xbox live. I'm not on the 360 version much though.

GG's to all that attended. The tournament was ran well (even though it was a small one.) I had a great time and learned quiet a bit thanks to a few guys *cough* Bill *cough* Kameron/Webster lol.

Sluch - GG's bro that Viola was nice man. I had to run whole fight to win lol. I hope I can make it out to console combat and your Ranbats in the next couple of weeks. As far as picking up Pyrrha...I say go for it. I hate fighting her so yea ^^

MysticBill - Glad to play you offline. We had some good games and thanks for all the tips sir. I wish I didnt pass seeing The Avengers. Hopefully we can make it to the Ranbats and Console Combat.

Rekano - GG's man it was good meeting you dude. Its a shame you may not be going to anymore tournaments until EVO. I can't wait to see some more of that Maxi.

DrMarioKart - Nice Pyrrha man. I'd love to play you some more.

Tonloc - Send me a friends request on xbox live. I'm not on the 360 version much though.

Sounds good. Will do! :-)

Ryujin: Good games for sure my good sir. That Xiba of yours is solid...& hella tough to hit. Lol. Your back-stepping actually inspired me to start working on that myself. It's a little different from BDC'ing in Tekken, but I think I'll get the hang of the 2,1,4 goodness. I'm really liking how that works...especially with Pyrrha. Lol.

Hopefully you can head to the ranbats at Arcade Legacy on the 19th. I'll give ya a text for sure sometime next week & see what's up. The same goes for everyone else I was gonna see that wanted to go as well. Hells Yeah!

Ryujin: Good games for sure my good sir. That Xiba of yours is solid...& hella tough to hit. Lol. Your back-stepping actually inspired me to start working on that myself. It's a little different from BDC'ing in Tekken, but I think I'll get the hang of the 2,1,4 goodness. I'm really liking how that works...especially with Pyrrha. Lol.

Hopefully you can head to the ranbats at Arcade Legacy on the 19th. I'll give ya a text for sure sometime next week & see what's up. The same goes for everyone else I was gonna see that wanted to go as well. Hells Yeah!

Thank Sluch ^^. Well I'm glad to have inspired you lol. I most likely will not make it to the Ranbats but Console Combat is on the 19th right? I'll be there for that along with some other Michigan players.

Ryujin: I gotchya my good sir. Thanks for the heads up there about probably not making it to the Ranbat tomorrow here in Cincinnati. I'll see ya at UFGT8 next week for sure.

A lot of people are either going or thinking about going to Console Combat this Sunday. I was thinking about going as well, but I need to save the money for UFGT8, so I won't be going. I am planning on going to the following Console Combat in June, so hopefully that pans out & I can get to play some SCV up there with everyone then.

Back