[Seattle, WA] Ragin' in the Rain

Great One I have you marked down.
I've got you bruh. If I bring it up Friday, can I just register then? I never got around to pre-regging and there's no way I'm gonna be able to do it so early the next day.
so who all is going to the pre-reg party on friday? GO, do you need a ride?
Yeah bruh, I could use a ride tomorrow I guess to turn the set-up in. But like I said I didn't pre-reg so I doubt I can do the party unless they let me pay for registration then and there. We'll see I guess.

Hey Bryan, are you heading out there today? If so what time? If it's earlier could you give me a wake-up call about half and hour before you come out here? Just call until I answer. I'm a heavy sleeper. Lol!

ya, ill probably be by your place somewhere around 5:30 or 6, although i might be able to get out earlier so we can get some warmup games in. i'll call you before i head out.

So we should meet up so often .. hit me up with ur contact and let's keep in touch my friend
All the guys got my number, but if I get back into the scene I'll give it to you myself. I've been out of it - I started salsa dancing to find a girl, so that's been eating up my time. FYI for all y'all (GO especially): It worked! I'm glad I didn't forsake SC in vain lol

All the guys got my number, but if I get back into the scene I'll give it to you myself. I've been out of it - I started salsa dancing to find a girl, so that's been eating up my time. FYI for all y'all (GO especially): It worked! I'm glad I didn't forsake SC in vain lol
You're still a traitor and I hate you.

ffff, I need to keep up with news here... >_> Well, shit, good luck at the tourney you guys! I'd come as a spectator if I could, but no transportation and the like, and not following news, gah. Hope you get a decent turnout there!

Aw shit, sorry for not being there for Majors today, guys. Been busy as fuck and haven't had time to even go to weeklies. I'm out of town for some personal shit this weekend. I owe you guys some drinks next time I see you. Hopefully, I can get sometime next Friday to come over for some causls.

thanks to everyone who came out to NWM this weekend, it was a blast! for those who weren't able to make it, well, maybe next time, yeah? :j luckily, the entire thing was recorded, though, so you can watch top 8 here:

http://www.twitch.tv/khaosgaming2/b/320280833 (up to top 3; starts at 2:30:00)
http://www.twitch.tv/teamkhaos/b/320278330 (top 3; starts at 4:13:00)

now that NWM is over, though, we have some community stuff to discuss. GO will no longer be able to host, so we need to find a new place to meet up at, and i feel like this is an opportunity to make our meetups more accessible for the group in tacoma. from talking with various people about this, the tentative plan that we've come up with so far is to meet on fridays like we've been doing, but alternate between meeting up at Show's place in Seattle and Gamebreakerz in Auburn, with one of those GBZ meetups per month being a tournament and the rest being casuals.

this is obviously going to be less convenient for both the Seattle and Eastside folks overall, but i do really feel like we need to make some kind of accommodation for the Tacoma guys; it's not fair to them to ask them to drive the 40+ minutes out here every week when, honestly, the number of people they have there is not that much less than we have here. holding stuff at GBZ every other week also allows 13th warrior and heaton to attend more regularly.

the other downside to this plan, though, is that it means that we will probably not be meeting up at gameclucks a whole lot anymore, which is really unfortunate because i know we all want to support chris. however, i just feel like meeting up in lynnwood is not an optimal plan due to how many people we have coming up from south of Seattle at the moment. if chris ends up holding tourneys at Dante's again though, or at other places that are more doable for the entire community, i would definitely urge everyone to attend those.

so, that is the plan as i and those with whom i have spoken have currently conceived of it: alternating friday meetups between Show's place in Seattle and GBZ in Auburn, with one of those GBZ meetups being a tourney. please, give your opinions and feedback! we're trying to craft something here that is as optimal as possible for the entire Seattle SCV community, so if you think there is a problem with this plan, major or minor, speak up and let's figure out how to solve it.

thanks for having casuals on GBZ that's gonna be awesome..just a suggestion, please guys let's have a Facebook group account for an extra support for the SCV community in NW.. many well find us and for easier communications

oh, yes, that's right, thank you for reminding me. we actually do have an FB group for the Seattle SCV community, but not everyone is on it. send a friend request to me (Bryan Yarrow) on FB and i will add you to that FB group.

I'd take the MK guys up on the Friday offer at least once since they've expressed interest (check Sunny's post a couple pages back), and since GO can't host on that day anymore. Might be a chance to grow the community.

Auburn is inconvenient for me, but I'm looking for a new place, currently. If it ends up being good and central I may open it up for casuals, but work's still gotta take priority.

Yeah I didn't mean every week (sunny says they only meet twice a month anyway) but whenever we can spare it. Once we get enough interest maybe we can get some of them to come to where the bigger gatherings are so we don't need to go to GC. But better now than later, if we're transitioning to a more populated space.

Back