Sega Genesis

KnightWarrior

[10] Knight
Does anyone here play the System here or just Emulated on the PC??

What is everyone Fave Game on the System??

Mine is

Sonic
Sonic 2
Vectorman
Super SF2
SF2 SCE
Contra Hard Corps
Castlevania

My favorites back in the day:

Streets of Rage 2
Pit Fighter (SNES version was trash)
Shining Force 1 and 2
Warsong
Golden Axe 1 and 2
Phantasy Star IV (Oddly never could get into any of the others.)
Shining in the Darkness
Legend of Oasis
Gunstar Heroes

I forgot

Gunstar Heroes
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Bare Knuckles 3
Golden Axe 3
Golden Axe 2
Gaiares

Best console ever made. Currently 67 games in my library and still collecting.

My faves would be:
Vectorman
X-Men 2
Earthworm Jim 2
Bare Knuckle 3 (PAL version, better than Streets of Rage 3)
Alisia Dragoon

oh yea, i had one of these way back in the day. some of my favs...

altered beast of course
lufia and the fortresss of doom series
all the shining forces, yup
legend of Oasis
primal rage
gauntlet 4 (with multitap and 3 friends)
all the sonics especially 2
alien storm
one of my all time favs, Kings Bounty
i had an XBAND back in the day with MK1 MK2 MK3 and SSF2 (i'm an OG lag scrub lol)

oh and ETERNAL CHAMPIONS!!

I always wanted an XBAND and a 32X when i was a kid. :( My parents never got me an XBAND; however, they attempted to get a 32X when i was a kid. Unfortunitlly, the damn thing always crashed on me when i'd try to play Knuckles Chaotix. >:( I couldn't even get a replcement even because it was discontinued when my parents decided to purchase it. My original Genesis 2 system was borrowed and never returned; but on the plus side, i still have my Sega Nomad to this day. >:D It's lying around my closet somewhere thou. :p. I still have my cartridges as well; however, i mostly play on my hacked wii now, as well as on collection discs. :D

Cartridge Collection:
Game Genie (Borrowed, but never returned thou. :( )
6-PAK
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic Spin Ball
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Not the Movie version)
Comix Zone (Best game on Genesis)
The Ooze
Streets of Rage 3 (Third best game for Genesis)
Splatterhouse 3 (Second best game on Genesis)
Batman
Primal Rage
Taz Escapes from Mars
Garfield Caught in the act

Collection packs:
Sonic Mega Collection Plus (PS2)
Sonic Gem Collection (PS2 (Japanese version contains all 3 Bare Knuckle games)/GC)
Sega Genesis Collection (PS2 (Virtua Fighter 2 Genesis FTW !! XD))
Sega Classics Collection (PS2 (Some Genesis remakes in this. :p))

I would list the games on my hacked wii; however, why bother ?! :p Just go to Gamefaqs and go to the Genesis section. They were even nice enough to put in Alphabetical order. XD Although, i'd reccomend checking out the Sonic Retro hacks, the UMK3 Trilogy hack, and Bare Knuckle 3 in English (I know it doesn't sound like a big difference, but there's a big difference between Bare Knuckle 3 and Streets of Rage 3). :D

The original Mortal Kombat on the genesis was badass. Far better than the SNES version.

My favorites back in the day:

Streets of Rage 2
Pit Fighter (SNES version was trash)
Shining Force 1 and 2
Warsong
Golden Axe 1 and 2
Phantasy Star IV (Oddly never could get into any of the others.)
Shining in the Darkness
Legend of Oasis
Gunstar Heroes

Phantasy Star IV is the only one I've beat as well, though I first played it sometime after the year 2000. the other Phantasy Star games felt more dated (and they are older so it's not surprising)

Shining Force 1 is tight too, Shining Force 3 (not on genesis) is one of my 2 favorite games ever

also....I don't think Altered Beast is that good personally but when the game starts it says WISE FWUM YOUR GWAVE so it gets some points for that

Phantasy Star IV is the only one I've beat as well, though I first played it sometime after the year 2000. the other Phantasy Star games felt more dated (and they are older so it's not surprising)

PS2 is probably the easiest to play out of all of the others. Still can't get much past Nei's death.

Shining Force 1 is tight too, Shining Force 3 (not on genesis) is one of my 2 favorite games ever

SF3 always kinda bugged me. Two games to import if you wanted the full experience. Good game tho.

also....I don't think Altered Beast is that good personally but when the game starts it says WISE FWUM YOUR GWAVE so it gets some points for that

I played it a lot in the arcades when it was new. The were creatures were cool to my middle school brain.

Reminds me, one other Genesis game I played to death. Powerball. One of Namco's finest efforts.

I'm not sure that my Sega Genesis works. The games I usually play are Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles.

Marginal: yeah I thought the ending of SF3 scenario 1 left way too much open...then found out about the other disks and got them. very playable in japanese (battle wise) but I couldn't readddddddddd >_>

vectorman is great. vectorman 2 is good as well but I prefer the original by a lil

vectorman games have some catch music too

Back