Seong Mi-na General Info/Discussion

Indeed. 2A has been saving my life. 2K followed by 1KK gets them every time, and though I hate RE, it has its uses.

Against Talim in particular, I can GI her pretty often. And then alternate between A+B to get the nice Lethal Edge, or 4A to get some space. 6K works too because it's delayed.
Once you have some mid distance, you can avoid getting rushed as much. 6A, 6B, 22B, 1B, 8A+B help control space immensely. From mid to long range you can mix stuff up and actually rush them.

Nightmare is brutal. The exploding things should be interrupted by lows. His CE is vulnerable to lows too I think. While he's intimidating with all the swinging and the yelling, once he's done he's often left wide open. Also if he gets charged and you get distance, he'll try to get in and use that charge, so you can see him coming to step around or smack him with 6A. Many, many times he just goes back to 6A+B to get the free charge, and once he's at long range, that's Mina's domain.

Sorry for the lenghty post. To just be able to write that Mi-Na has control over anything feels surreal.

So, I've noticed after knocking an opponent down w/ 2A+B, there's a window where her 5B becomes a 3B. I have to wait about a second before I can press 5B to act as 5B. It seems to only be after the 2A+B knockdown and no other. I couldn't find it anywhere in her move list as some canned combo, so is it a bug? Some sort of weird reverse auto-correct?

Can someone confirm if 2B/6B are now slower than in previous games?
Before, it was a good poke/punish that could follow in a mix-up, but now it seems that it gets interrupted rather easily compared to before.

Can someone confirm if 2B/6B are now slower than in previous games?
Before, it was a good poke/punish that could follow in a mix-up, but now it seems that it gets interrupted rather easily compared to before.

That's because they are different moves. 6B is completely different. 2B used to be her 1B and I think it's the same speed.

Also, is Nightmare's rage dependent on the damage of the hit? I assume if you do over 20 damage you can break the rage. Anyone confirm?

That's because they are different moves. 6B is completely different. 2B used to be her 1B and I think it's the same speed.

Also, is Nightmare's rage dependent on the damage of the hit? I assume if you do over 20 damage you can break the rage. Anyone confirm?

Darn, I meant 2B and 4B, sorry. Of course 6B is different...
Both looks like the same, and 2B is mostly her old 1B like you said, but I'm sure it is slower than before as I have trouble punishing with it now.

Darn, I meant 2B and 4B, sorry. Of course 6B is different...
Both looks like the same, and 2B is mostly her old 1B like you said, but I'm sure it is slower than before as I have trouble punishing with it now.

They slowed down ALL moves in SC6, while maintaining the counter run properties of 5 and the movement of 2. Everyone says they want SC2 attack speed and movement unless they played in SC2. Counter run is needed with SC2 movement. To not discourage movement altogether, they slowed down the attacks, so punishing is a lot harder. Instead, you will rely a lot on step evasion and just flat out crushing horizontals with verticals.

3bK and 6B are her go to punishers in this game.

Am I the only who feels that all these 66[B+K] Combos can be stopped by just NOT rolling and just guarding?

I've practiced them with the AI set to guard and they work pretty well. In the thick of battle it happened to me a couple of times that I screw up the range (which is pretty generous anyway) and either the first hit or the kick whiffs.

When we say 3b:K is unsafe on block, how unsafe are we talking, here?

Actually, now that you mention it, has any frame data been compiled for Mina yet?

Third thing... it seems like the CPU guard after first hit setting doesn't work properly in training mode. I have it set to guard after first, but it still eats entire strings that I know aren't guaranteed if you're holding block after the first hit. Anyone else noticed it seems slow to actually start blocking? I think this could be affecting the data people are getting.

Last edited:
Third thing... it seems like the CPU guard after first hit setting doesn't work properly in training mode. I have it set to guard after first, but it still eats entire strings that I know aren't guaranteed if you're holding block after the first hit. Anyone else noticed it seems slow to actually start blocking? I think this could be affecting the data people are getting.

Correct. This was actually an issue in previous SC games, too. The most foolproof way is testing a certain scenario is to have the training dummy record it, then test yourself to see whether you can block/roll/tech/guard full strings, etc.

That method is how I figured out on day 2 that the 66[B+K] combo extensions weren't consistent, while everyone else was busy swearing it was the second coming.

Yeah guys. Let's beg Okubo to make Mi-Na's 6A a mid instead of a high.

tumblr_pco4pdtQaU1tx45yjo1_500.gif

When we say 3b:K is unsafe on block, how unsafe are we talking, here?

Actually, now that you mention it, has any frame data been compiled for Mina yet?
In my experience, unsafe enough for an AA (it could be worse if I'm wrong). I kind of wish it 3b:K was safer though l0l

Correct. This was actually an issue in previous SC games, too. The most foolproof way is testing a certain scenario is to have the training dummy record it, then test yourself to see whether you can block/roll/tech/guard full strings, etc.

That method is how I figured out on day 2 that the 66[B+K] combo extensions weren't consistent, while everyone else was busy swearing it was the second coming.

So I'm not crazy, then. Your suggestion seems like a really good idea. Soul Calibur not having buffering makes it really hard to tell if a lot of the 66B+K followups can be made reliable through repetition or not, since you have a variable dead time before you start the move.

So I'm not crazy, then. Your suggestion seems like a really good idea. Soul Calibur not having buffering makes it really hard to tell if a lot of the 66B+K followups can be made reliable through repetition or not, since you have a variable dead time before you start the move.

Set Action 2 to stand and action 2 to to Guard All. Seems to work pretty reliably.

Am I the only who feels that all these 66[B+K] Combos can be stopped by just NOT rolling and just guarding?

In my experience the 66B+K in most combos past 3b:K whiffs on back tech roll but it catches everything else. Tested only on Mi-Na so far though

Back