The Heart Of Gaming
Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 12:00 PM
Until: Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Last day today before the tourney, anyone West Eu side want to help me cram up online?

Hopefully a combination of someone good and not going xD

Yeah would be great, except the numbers are too small compared to America's for him to show up. Probably because of my terrible attitude, poor social skills and calling people noobs.
Damn if you keep a grudge this long over that I can't imagine what you're like when you lose to someone lol

Well, I'll kick off the aftermath messages!

Ssylus - Nice to meet you face to face after a few years of online bouts. Nice to see you held your own. I hope to meet you again, you seemed like a cool guy.

Hyrul - Damn you and your owning me as I got in >:O I hope it'll be different next time. Keep the Zanaken-Slayer title for now, you plebian!

Shad - Great games! I really liked the matches you gave me online to prepare me for this. I stand by your anti-Viola as first class. Anyone complaining about her needs to go directly to you. I'll win the aPat mirror next time xD

Keev - Thanks to you as well for the online matches. I called you out as the winner the moment I walked in. Your ability to just never tilt no matter what means you keep a really level head through out.

Lolo - You caught me for some matches at the end. I think I can show you even more soon. Your Mitsu landed a win on Viola, which really impressed me. I've had that exact match up a lot now, and felt like you would have to outplay pretty hard to win. I hope you liked the Raph ;D

TxA - Glad you seemed calmer at the tourney. Remember, trash talk between people at our league doesn't mean as much when you're facing the giants such as Keev and Shad. Humble is the coolest attitude ;)

Wolf - Had no idea the quiet guy sleeping on the corner would wake up and unleash such a solid Pat. Glad I caught your matches.

Joel - Fantastic! You keep making better and better tournaments despite the game getting older. I have no idea how you kept it so damn fresh! I'm hoping to hear about another one soon.

LSD Spiderdude - thanks for the food and chats. You managed to get slaughtered and still play. That alone is goddamn impressive!

Anyone I'm missing, have a shout out as well. Really good day and I'm glad I showcased Raphael a bit better this time.

GEEEE GEEEEEEESSSSS!

finally made it back home and have had some sleep so it's time for some shoutouts!!!!

starting off with Keev : Christ damn you are not human, you played so flawlessly throughout the day you most certainly deserved 1st place especially for defending EU's pride against Lolo...also please come back to us, we need you back as NM

@Maxou I think you were most definitely my high-light, such as awesome person to talk to and have a laugh with!! your Voldo is so damn good and your mind games are something else, I stand by my statement when I say you are better than DIME...and our Aeon vs Viola match will haunt me forever, especially that CE ringout LOL!!!

@Deus-Kaliya GG's my friend, your Aeon was incredible and on point and was so fun to watch. playing against you made me so frantic and frustrated, but that's what Aeon does to people lol, if possible I'd like a few tips on how to better my own Aeon. Also that Ukemi Just Guard against Nightmare's 4K BE ~ 3B techtrap freaked me out XD

@lolo once again thank you so much for coming down, we are a small scene as you know and it means a lot to have people who are the gaming equivalent of celebrities join us. Your performance was outstanding also was awesome seeing you and playing IRL, but we never got to see the patented Lolo-shuffle! It's a shame we never got any games in as I really wanted some but maybe some time in the distant future? if I can get enough money I may see you again at one of the US scenes possibly!!

@GolD ShaD well done on your performance aswell it's always a treat to see you play because you essentially turn matches into combo exhibitions XD

@WolfLoneThe one of these days you and I have to get a proper match in...I want a piece of that Patroklos congratz on top 8

@Silent Joel Thanks so much for hosting such an amazing tourney this year, and once again we weren't able to record...as Deus said it was most likely the monitor...if we could bring down another monitor that could output 720p without having to be converted we might've pulled it off. anyway your Cervy is fantastic as always but mark my words, next time you're mine!!!

@Sotiris you are an awesome guy to chill out with and talk to, @Dranakal 's and @YINKAMIYOUKAI 's training seemed to pay off, you did really well and gg's on our matches.

@TxA you did fairly well since last year, Andy is clearly bringing out your hidden potential, but the better player won in the tourney match and the FT10...hope you got a good view of my friend Bofa...Bofa Deez Nutz!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL now you must change your name to RekTxA Kappa (1A6 too stronk) also stop getting RO'd lol #AAAAAAAAA

@Cecil x Silver and @HolyCarp was awesome to see you guys again this year congratz on your performances and being fking absolutely solid as always, Pizza's on you guys next year...or we go out to eat!!!! #AAAAAAAAYYYYEEE

@Deathcake763 aka Lysergic Arachnid gg's on our casuals you are getting better man shame you got stuck in the bracket, but you main Omega so I don't feel that sorry for you LOL...stop getting drunk DURING TOURNEY GAMES LOL!!!!

@Age_of_Truth fantastic show man especially for the first time properly playing offline. read every move I made and just outplayed me in general...I still have a long way to go if I'm to hang with you guys!!

@rudeb0y awesome that you were able to make it!!! did really well against Lolo considering that he's, well...LOLO XD Revenge will come soon, might not be today but there's always tomorrow!!!

@TheNamesEpic92 you were another one I was looking forward to meeting since Andy talks about you in such high regard, your Cerv is amazing!!! gg's on our FT5

and @ZER0 that doods a scrub, fk that guy

#AAAAAAAAAAYYE

11013347_1196398210377188_6852569313306300498_o.jpg

Last edited:
Wait, you were Zero? You said you weren't very good and that a friend dragged you there. I had to go balls deep to beat you! >:O

This hustling has to stop people... Either that or we start putting IRL photos on our 8wayrun profiles.

Wait, you were Zero? You said you weren't very good and that a friend dragged you there. I had to go balls deep to beat you! >:O

This hustling has to stop people... Either that or we start putting IRL photos on our 8wayrun profiles.
...you and I never got a chance to play and honestly I never hustled anyone XD you're probably thinking of either Sotiris or Talon LOL

Last edited:
This weekend was really good!

@Keev Congrats! Free entry because you won the tourney in France you come over and win this one, really impressive play, thanks for the advice after the games I will be using this to improve my game even further, hope to play ya more :)

@Maxou Hey sorry we couldn't stay on the Sunday we only just made it to our trains as it were haha. congrats on 2nd and GGs :) hope to play more :)

@GolD ShaD hey man your alpha pat was looking great as always, we didn't get to play this time :( but it's okay hope to make up for that in some online games in the future

@WolfLoneThe man of the hour. Ggs wolf and thank you for the advice I would really be up to going France but first we need to settle the UK score, you can have the title for number 1 UK player for now ;)

@HolyCarp the stars couldn't of aligned in a more unfortunate way loses bracket me vs you winner cuts into top 8 loser had to settle for 9th place this game was a must win for both of us, sorry you had to feel the wrath of my zwei....

Is what I would of said if I won lol ggs again man and we will arrange meet ups regularly and be awesome. Thanks for being my travel buddy again :)

@TxA Ugh such a pain! Lol jk glad you came again 2nd year going GGs you beat me in the 2v2 so go you, keep bringing that Natsu hype you are improving really fast.

@TheNamesEpic92 brooo! Ggs so happy you made it down and shown the UK that your a strong tourney competitor, sorry I let you down in teams I'm shit

This weekend was really good!

@Keev Congrats! Free entry because you won the tourney in France you come over and win this one, really impressive play, thanks for the advice after the games I will be using this to improve my game even further, hope to play ya more :)

@Maxou Hey sorry we couldn't stay on the Sunday we only just made it to our trains as it were haha. congrats on 2nd and GGs :) hope to play more :)

@GolD ShaD hey man your alpha pat was looking great as always, we didn't get to play this time :( but it's okay hope to make up for that in some online games in the future

@WolfLoneThe man of the hour. Ggs wolf and thank you for the advice I would really be up to going France but first we need to settle the UK score, you can have the title for number 1 UK player for now ;)

@HolyCarp the stars couldn't of aligned in a more unfortunate way loses bracket me vs you winner cuts into top 8 loser had to settle for 9th place this game was a must win for both of us, sorry you had to feel the wrath of my zwei....

Is what I would of said if I won lol ggs again man and we will arrange meet ups regularly and be awesome. Thanks for being my travel buddy again :)

@TxA Ugh such a pain! Lol jk glad you came again 2nd year going GGs you beat me in the 2v2 so go you, keep bringing that Natsu hype you are improving really fast.

@TheNamesEpic92 brooo! Ggs so happy you made it down and shown the UK that your a strong tourney competitor, sorry I let you down in teams I'm shit
upload_2015-9-14_17-34-52.png

Oops it posted halfway through lol

@ZER0 ayyyyyy lol ggs in casuals keep bringing the hype!

@Age_of_Truth ggs in casuals man don't quit please! I will always have ZWEI fancy swag to show you :P

@Silent Joel thanks for hosting again! Please keep them coming Im always happy to try get more people to come!

And GGs to everyone else too, Z.W.E.I will return :)

Finally made it back home too. Completely exhausted, a bit ill, but I've had tons and tons of fun !

@ZER0 One of the funniest guy I saw there. I had good laughs with you, good nightmare, and that Aeon RO was hilarious !

@lolo Very nice and funny guy, clearly the best Yoshi I ever fought against, thank you for coming to this tournament !

@WolfLoneThe I am happy I could win against you, that was so close !! Nice to finally meet you, I hope to play against you again !

@Silent Joel Completely top tier ! Thank you Joel, that tournament was amazing, too bad about the stream but you fixed that very weel !

@Sotiris Funny guy, and really cool to hang with. Thank you for coming, and I liked meeting you !

@TxA I couldn't play against you at the event for whatever reasons, but I really hope we will be able to play on xbl one of those days ! Your Natsu seems to have lots of potential !

@Cecil x Silver Nice to finally meet you ! You're as cool in person as on xbl ;) Your ZWEI as usal is so good it hurts my brain, thank you for not playing me again in the tournament, I really wasn't confident I would win. Honestly, I am more confident against Lolo and Keev than against you !! We'll see each other again, I hope to play against syou more !

@HolyCarp god that mind game Cervantes ! I was getting so frustrated "how does he keep getting so many hard reads on me ! Too much mind games" in our FT5 ! Eventually I won but damn that was so close !! You seem a really nice and cool to hang with guy, we need to play each other more, thank you for everthing !!

@Deathcake763 aka Lysergic Arachnid Really funny guy, our trip to the mall was cool and I liked our talk with my french-glish ! Don't give up, your omega made me sweat, you have good potential !

@Ssylus : Too bad we couldn't play against each other, I was disapointed, you seemed really nice and happy to be there !

@Zanaken : I couldn't play once against you ! You seemed really funny, and I hope to be able to play against you soon again, at least on xbl !

@rudeb0y Good Yoshi, and really nice to hang with too ! Nice meeting you, don't forget to use pressure game with Yoshi too !

@Age_of_Truth Is that Hyrule ? If it is, man, you're a top tier guy. Thank you for EVERYTHING !

Good tournament.. came a little under-prepared and paid the price; everyone gave me some food for thought :P Shout outs:

@ZER0 - super fun casuals dude. You really pushed me in the losers bracket too I had to dig deep to focus to win that game.

@TheNamesEpic92 - Good to finally play you offline and congrats on top 8 in your first tourney :) Fun casuals at the start as well

@Maxou - Great to meet you in person! Good job on your placing in the tournament. Learning a lot from you so hopefully play you again on-line soon :)

@lolo - Really fun to watch you play dude.. wish we'd had some casuals before the tournament games, it might have been more interesting :) I've never had my guard broke so many times. You seem so relaxed when you play and you show utility for every move (and a lot more combos) of Yoshi it was really nice to see.

@Cecil x Silver - Dude you've come so far in this game, keep going! :P

@TxA - You're improving fast dude, good to see. Really had the run of me Sunday morning..

@Deathcake763 - We didn't play much but really sound geez, hopefully catch you at another tournament (or in Metal Gear maybe :P)

@HolyCarp - You're like the anti-rudeb0y, I cannot beat you! Cheers for the beat-downs..

@Silent Joel - Didn't get to face ya, would have been good to play you offline maybe next time. Good job on the organization of the event.

@Age_of_Truth - Good to see you again man, was surprising to see you back with Tira.. not complaining I prefer to fight her over Leixia :)

@everyoneElse - GGs!

You sure about my scores there? I won 2 I'm pretty sure, and my Keev match was 2-3

I asked Keev and he said 3-1, I can't edit it now anyway.

Joel - Fantastic! You keep making better and better tournaments despite the game getting older. I have no idea how you kept it so damn fresh! I'm hoping to hear about another one soon.

Thanks, but I won't be organising any more tournaments.

Thanks for everyone who came, congrats to all the French who dominated the tournament. Special thanks to Lolo for making the journey.
Wolf did a great writeup of the tournament here: Tournament Aftermaths (http://8wayrun.com/forums/tournament-aftermaths.49/)

2v2 Videos:

Edge Master Series Major 2015 Solo
Rank
Player
Teams
User
1st
Keev Rayne
$28.00
2nd
Maxou
$20.00
3rd
CrAzY|GolD ShaD
$12.00
4th
WolfLoneThe
$8.00
5th
MVZ_lolomx
$4.00
5th
HolyCarp
$4.00
7th
SslyuS
$2.00
7th
Hyrul
$2.00
9th
Rudeboy
9th
Andyroo
9th
Silent Joel
9th
Deus Kaliya
13th
Sotiris
13th
Spam22B_UK
13th
Zanaken
13th
Chin

Late shout outs to all the UK and French players :), I haven´t been following the community other than in FB, just read this and many thanks, I wish I could travel more often to Europe cause it's amazing and I loved the tournament and the community, I envy you so much, the community in Mexico is me and 3 more friends :), and the level of course.

I could never determine exactly who are better, if US or EU players, but the average I think is on EU, and for tops, who knows, I really wanted to see Xephukai vs Keev and Xephukai vs Maxou cause we alrady seen Xeph vs Shad, which was awesome.

Thanks to everyone, specially Silent Joel who was the first one to contact me after I was so sad because ROF was cancelled, I´ll do my homework next time and be ready for Keev, we are now even in tournaments, I´m counting our SC4 tournament fight so I don´t feel bad about losing to him :) in SC5

Back