[Sep 21, 2013] Red September V (Pearl, MS)

IAdoreBunnies

[10] Knight
Its almost that time of year again for one of the fall's biggest tournament. The Mississippi crew has pulled together again to bring back another exciting tournament for everyone to come out and join. Our annual Red September tournament is one of the most growing tourneys in the south and I truly do believe it will be as successful as the past ones. With the success over the past couple years we have been making an spot for ourselves on the map in the fighting game scene. With that being said it’s becoming increasingly more difficult on ourselves to stick to our time schedule just out of the sheer number of players entering each tournament. Please try to help us out and BE ON TIME so we can in exchange provide you a smoother and less chaotic tournament experience.

Fees:
$15 for those that take part within the tournament
$5 for spectators
$10 for each game you take part within

Tournament Rules:

Double elimination brackets
- Double-Blind Select can always be chosen to begin a match.
- Winner keeps same character. Loser can always change characters.
- Bring Your Own Controller: While there will probably be many players willing to lend you a controller/stick, there is NO guarantee. You WILL be disqualified if you cannot start the match within the allotted time.
- There will be ZERO TARDINESS TOLERANCE. If you do not report to your match within a reasonable amount of time, you WILL be forfeited.
- All players are required to notify staffers of the results of their match.
- Wireless sticks/pads/remotes will be allowed. However, we require that you pull out your battery when you are not playing to avoid disrupting tournament matches. If you disrupt other people's matches, you risk forfeiting your next match.
- Every person is responsible for the functionality of their controller. A "button check" may (and should) be asked for prior to every match.
- Pausing or restarting the game/match for any reason, except with the consent of the opponent will result in a forfeit of that particular game/round (whichever is smaller). This includes battery/controller problems.
- All disputes will be handled by the tournament organizers. T.O.s must be notified soon after disputes occur. All decisions are final.

We encourage everybody to bring any and all equipment if possible (such as FULL setups which means evo monitors, crts, playstatioin 3 and xbox 360 systems and games). This will speed up tournaments and help everything run more smoothly.

We encourage all people to keep their sticks/controllers/battery packs on-hand at all times as we are not responsible for missing equipment.

All tournaments will either be on CRTs or community-tested "lagless" monitors (most likely the ASUS VH236H or VH238H).

Tournament brackets will be created with Tio Tournament Organizer.

Payouts are standard tournament pay which is:
1st place: 70%
2nd place: 20%
3rd place: 10%

The following games will be played at the tournament:
Super Street Fighter 4 AE 2012
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Tekken Tag 2
Injustice Gods Among Us

ANY OTHER GAMES WILL NOT BE HANDLED BY US, BUT ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO BE AT THIS TOURNAMENT IF VOLUNTEERS WOULD LIKE TO RUN THEM. WE ARE BY NO MEANS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE HAPPENINGS OF THESE SIDEGAMES.

Games to be run on the xbox 360: SSF4 AE 2012 and UMVC3.
Games to be run on the ps3: TT2 and Injustice

Gaming rules:

(Injustice):
TBA

(SSF4AE2012):
Default Settings
Games are 99 seconds; best 2/3 rounds
Non-Finals Matches are best 2/3 games
Loser's/Winner's/Grand Finals are 3/5 games
Winner may change Ultra choice

(UMvC3):
Default Settings
ALL sets are best 3/5
Simple Mode and Auto Super Jump: OFF
DLC Characters: ALLOWED
BANNED: Any glitch which prohibits gameplay. All else ALLOWED
As per the official Evolution ruleset, winner must SELECT the same team and order, but may hold down an assist button during the loading screen of the game to switch order.

All other rules will be announced in the near future.

The tourney info says that side tourneys are welcome, so I'm hoping a good number of people can come together and get some SCV going. If you live near this area like me, you've probably been dying for a location like this.

We've (not MS, but SCV) been successful in running plenty side tournaments this year that don't even give the impression of a side tourney. I just have no idea as to the number of SCV players in or around MS. Who knows, we could be sitting on a gold mine or something. Lol.

Ugh I was really hoping we could get at least 8. Make the location say Jackson maybe? (If I'm not mistaken it's really close to there and more people have actually heard of it.)

Ugh I was really hoping we could get at least 8. Make the location say Jackson maybe? (If I'm not mistaken it's really close to there and more people have actually heard of it.)
I think it's fine as Pearl, MS. Anyways, you bring your setup and I'll bring mine. Also, I'm hoping we can get the matches recorded or streamed.

I'll definitely be bringing the setup. One potential issue - I'm a 360 player. That means we have the whole player base covered though!

I get the sneaking suspicion that everyone and their mother is going to be playing GTA5 this weekend. And also things are kinda slow in general this time of year :(

Trying to find some friendly competition...its hard finding good SC players...im a (semi) pro player in search of some fresh meat...

Back