[Sep 28, 2012] GUTS - Game Underground Tournament Spectacular (Somerville, MA)

Nightblade

is SUPERCHARGED!!
Got GUTS? (yeah I went there)

Game Underground of Framingham, Massachusetts is happy to announce once again that they will be holding a Major right in the heart of Boston on the 28th-30th of September! The tournament venue has been carefully picked out, right off the Train Line with easy access from the airport, and has a wide range of entertainment, which I will cover in a moment.

Date: September 28th 11:00 am - September 30th 11:00 pm
30 Washington St
Somerville, MA 02143
Phone (617)628-1000

Special Room Rates for Tournament Guests
Ask for the Game Underground Room Rate.

Single/Double $129.99
Triple/Quad $139.99

Entertainment:

Venue Fee $30 Preorder $40 at the Door (Tickets will be on sale soon!)

LINKS TO INDIVIDUAL Threads and rules will be up soon!

Street Fighter IV AE 2012 ($300 Pot Bonus from Replay'd)
(Hosted by Lucky D) APEX 2013 Qualifier

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 ($300 Pot Bonus)
(Hosted by Lucky D) APEX 2013 Qualifier

Super Smash Bros Melee (Singles and Doubles)
(Hosted by Elen and Kevin M) APEX 2013 Qualifier

Super Smash Bros Brawl (Singles and Doubles)
(Hosted by Dazwa) APEX 2013 Qualifier

Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Soul Calibur V
Mortal Kombat
Street Fighter X Tekken
Skullgirls
Dead or Alive 5
KOF XIII
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
WWE 12

Possible Games
Persona 4 Arena
Sony All Stars Battle Royale
Blazblue
TMNT Tournament Fighters
Tony Hawk HD
Old School Game Speed Runs
Project M
Madden 13
NBA 2K12
FIFA 13

Hotel has a pool that can be accessed if you are staying at the hotel and have a room key.

Hotel has a nightclub that we will be able to set up some games in for late night freeplay and drinking for those who are 21+!

Food:
We have worked very hard to get affordable food at this event!

PRICES FOR CASH CONCESSIONS:
Mini Pizza - $3.00
Potato Chips - $1.00
Roll Ups - $5.00
Hot Dogs - $2.50
Chicken Fingers - $5.00
Candy Bar - $1.25
Cookie - $1.50
Brownie - $1.50
Soda - $1.25
Water - $1.00

The food sales from the concession stands at the venue directly effect our ability to put this event on at an affordable price. Please help us continue to have events at this awesome location by purchasing food from the venue.

This thread will be updated as new details and features are ironed out. We look forward to hosting you guys again!

DISCOUNTED HOTEL RATES ARE ONLY AVAILABLE UNTIL AUG 29th SO BOOK YOUR HOTEL SOON! Call and ask for the "Game Underground Rate"

Here is the final schedule for those asking.

Friday Sept 28th
7pm Street Fighter X Tekken (360)
7pm Virtua Fighter 5 FB (PS3)
7pm WWE 12 TLC (360)
Saturday Sept 29th
11am Mortal Kombat (PS3)
11am Persona 4 Arena (360)
11am Dead or Alive 5 (360)
1pm Smash Bros Melee Doubles (Wii)
1pm Smash Bros Brawl Doubles (Wii)
1pm Soul Calibur V (PS3)
1pm WWE 12 Tornado Tag (360)
2pm Super Street Fighter IV AE (360)
330pm Smash Bros Melee Singles (Wii)
330pm Smash Bros Brawl Singles (Wii)
4pm Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)
4pm WWE 12 Extreme Rules (360)
5pm Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360)
Sunday Sept 30
11am Skullgirls (360)
11am King of Fighters XIII (360)
12pm Finals of all Tournaments
Top 8 SFIVAE, UMVC3, Tekken Tag 2,
Brawl, Melee
Top 4 of Select Tournaments TBA
Schedule TBA for Finals Viewing
***THESE TIMES ARE WHEN YOU ARE REQUIRED TO REPORT TO THE AREA WHERE YOUR TOURNAMEN IS BEING HELD. THE START TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE.***

Reminder! You only have until THIS WEDNESDAY Aug 29th to reserve your room at our discounted price! YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR THE ROOM UNTIL CHECKOUT YOU JUST NEED TO BOOK IT WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD!! Price now: Single/Double $129.99
Triple/Quad $139.99 THESE ARE GOING FOR 249.99 WITHOUT OUR DISCOUNT!!! GET YOURS HELD NOW!

CALL DIRECT AND ASK FOR GAME UNDERGROUND RATE

GREAT NEWS!!! I was able to convince the hotel to extend the discounted hotel rate of
Single/Double $129.99
Triple/Quad $139.99 until next Thursday the 13th!!!! MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR ROOM SETTLED BY THEN! You do not have to pay right now just give a credit card to hold the room! I really worked hard to get them to do this so don't miss out!

1 DAY SPECTATOR PASSES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR! They are $15 and you can hang out and play free play for 1 day. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ENTER ANY TOURNAMENTS UNLESS YOU HAVE THE 3 DAY FULL PASS.

I'm in there.

I'm entering the SCV tournament to support the scene I hope any SC players who even play MK casually, enter the tournament.

I'm in for SCV. I actually live right down the street. Well, across the highway...it's like a 30 minute walk.

Getting close! It's good to see SCV getting some support at this event! I hope more people post up! Remember last day to save $10 by buying your ticket online is Wednesday!

How early does one need to arrive for at the door registration. Also, are there prices for entering the individual tournaments?

Oh, also, I'd like to get a few casuals in beforehand...how early do you think people will get there?

Back