Serpent's Embrace Tips

neoghaleon

[99] The Cow
====================================Edit by dittO=====================================
Any Serpent's Embrace related info/tips should be posted in here.
Also just mentioning that older SE related threads have been merged in here.
Additional/important info may posted at a later time, by editing this first post.
==================================================================================

I cannot get this move off for the life of me
it's SE B,6B,4B,6B,4B
how fast do you have to tap that thing?
o_O

How do you do that Howling Spirits?

I have troubles with this move, usually fail before the third or the fourth hit. I know that my main problem is the simultaneity of the direction and the B input but am still struggling.

On the pace of this input, you may see lks9413's video on youtube:
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=HhaBMtCsO5o&fmt=18

thanks a lot
I wasn't sure the pace to press it
it seems like a lot of players now a days gets it perfectly except me.

Double Serpent Embrace and CL-->SE

Yea, it could be a glitch but it doesnt work in WP (no WP->SE with B+K). The CL->SE transition itself is really easy. Just press B+K during recovery frames of any CL move that doesn't switch you to Whip state.

Double Serpent Embrace and CL-->SE

Yeah, the Coiled to Serpent transition has been known for quite some time now.

B+K in the last frames of almost every other Coiled move.

Another thing I haven't seen posted in here (originally posted in CaliburForum, by Davo87, If I remember correctly ;p),
is the following:

In SE we all know the B+K series moves. Namely:
4B+K (short)
B+K (medium)
6B+K (long)

Now, If you press B+K (while in SE of course), and right before Ivy's weapon manages to extend, press 6 OR 4, then this will result in the long OR short versions respectively. So the notation could be something like this:
SE B+K~4 (for the short version)
SE B+K~6 (for the long version, RO Cannon)

While this strange effect has absolutely no uses for the shorter version (SE B+K~4), or I haven't found anything decent at least atm, it is an entirely different matter for the long-RO Cannon-version.

Normally, SE 6B+K is VERY slow and cannot connect at all to result in RO-Cannon combos. BUT pressing the notation above (SE B+K~6) then this becomes just as speedy as medium SE B+K. Resulting in a beautifull RO-Cannon combo (for more information about this combo, check the combo section of the SA, it has been mentioned there for quite some time now).

(I should repeat one last time that this was already known from older CForum members. The only reason I posted it here is because perhaps there might be people unaware of this)
;)

landing in viper stance glitch?

So occasionally I notice when in and of Ivy's 3 main stances, I'll hit B+K or A+K...and wind up in Viper Stance in the end. I'm not holding it after it's shifted down to sword, I just land in viper stance. Is this a glitch or are there secret moves (EX: CL A+B, A+K does a stun and isn't listed apart from CL A+B, A). I notice this happens mostly when the whip is out stretched. I can never recall what moves i'm doing that have this happen since it's always such a surprise. She just finishes the animation in viper stance.

I'd love to control this, because right now it becomes more irritating than convenient when I'm expecting to do a move and watch me pull an unblockable A instead.

landing in viper stance glitch?

So occasionally I notice when in and of Ivy's 3 main stances, I'll hit B+K or A+K...and wind up in Viper Stance in the end. I'm not holding it after it's shifted down to sword, I just land in viper stance. Is this a glitch or are there secret moves (EX: CL A+B, A+K does a stun and isn't listed apart from CL A+B, A). I notice this happens mostly when the whip is out stretched. I can never recall what moves i'm doing that have this happen since it's always such a surprise. She just finishes the animation in viper stance.

I'd love to control this, because right now it becomes more irritating than convenient when I'm expecting to do a move and watch me pull an unblockable A instead.

On the recovery frames of virtually every CL move, whenever you press B+K, you automatically go to SE or what you call viper's stance instead of going to SW like your normally would. Yes, this is a glitch and has been documented.

Ok, am I the only one who didn't know that... SE A236A cannot be shaken out on CH? Geez, Im such a n00b. I should have checked that a long time ago.

Ok, am I the only one who didn't know that... SE A236A cannot be shaken out on CH? Geez, Im such a n00b. I should have checked that a long time ago.

You're not the only one. Prolly because even on normal hit, SE A236A is quite hard to shake out of as is. o.o;

heya sweety... itz not about the speed in which you do it... u av 2 tym the next input as soon as the last hit lands... dont worry about the animation... just count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and as u count go 4b 6b 4b 6b 4b 6b... i always put an extra 1 in lol... force of habit... its a steady pace remember that... itz hard 2 pull off because in the middle of a battle u cant really go at a steady pace... oh and the tracking propeties and range on that are way greater then mistress' judgement.... anyway gudl luck.

====================================Edit by dittO=====================================
Any Serpent's Embrace related info/tips should be posted in here.
Also just mentioning that older SE related threads have been merged in here.
Additional/important info may posted at a later time, by editing this first post.
==================================================================================

I cannot get this move off for the life of me
it's SE B,6B,4B,6B,4B
how fast do you have to tap that thing?
o_O

A good way to practice the timing is to goto training mode and enter SE, when you attempt the move look at the ground in front of Ivy. Do the first B and the first 6B quickly and as the whip hits the ground a light swipe following the whip will show. Do the inputs every time the light swipe shows on the ground. Then you will get the timing. Just try not to look at her because the inputs are entered before the animation.

Aim for when the whip is at hip height. And no, you do NOT have to make contact with the opponent.

It takes a lot of practice. MY suggestion is slowly add on each part. Just try SE B 6B, Ignore trying to mash. Then you get that timing down add in 4B...so on. You'll find that B:6B:4B are pretty easy and the last 2 can be rather tougher in my experience.

But, yeah, aim for hip height on the presses. Do them slightly earlier if you need (about head height). You'll eventually find a tempo

There is no point to this stance if your opponent can shake SE A236A. No matter what you do, you're going to be unsafe or at disadvantage.

Namco needs to make SE A236A unshakeable...

There is no point to this stance if your opponent can shake SE A236A. No matter what you do, you're going to be unsafe or at disadvantage.

Namco needs to make SE A236A unshakeable...

Agreed. The move is way too unsafe as is; the risk/reward here is pretty much zilch to Ivy's favor.

If u know they can 100% shake out of it in time. Its easy to screw up and endup ducking then they'll eat the 236A. Its only -3 on block with good pushback. Tho if they have a move which can aGI immediately after shaking then thats a worry.

CH SE A236A being unshakable. (also new to me. LOL) Tho its not quite a move for fishing CHs being a high and not relatively fast.

Back