Setsuka Videos

Yeah, I know you have to be straight gutta but it was just times I froze. I even lost some of he first matches I'd play to stuff I shouldn'tbe because of it. Didn't even notice half of the time that I wasn't using 2a and b/bb, which are staples in my opinion. =(

Alright, I know that this isn't Setsuka's Q&A thread but it's deserted so I'd rather ask here:

Any advice on 2143aB and agB? I can't get them as JFs.
About 2143aB,when you input "214" you can input them normally,but when you get to "3 aB' there you should speed up.once your thumb reachs "4" go down to "3" as fast as possible and input "aB".
anyway,i'm terrible at explaining,so check out this Video it should help alot on both 2143aB and agB.

Yeah, I know you have to be straight gutta but it was just times I froze. I even lost some of he first matches I'd play to stuff I shouldn'tbe because of it. Didn't even notice half of the time that I wasn't using 2a and b/bb, which are staples in my opinion. =(
Also I noticed you nervous during the tournament. But I think your Setsuka much improved compared to the last time I saw one of your gameplays. Thank you for showing your gameplay and thanks for playing with Setsuka. And do not worry, there will be more opportunities.

Going to compile all the vids that included me at SJ here. Sadly, I was the only Sets there (and I was nervous and/or tired). So, while critique is welcome, I may know a lot of the stuff you all might have to say but go ahead anyway and don't get disheartened if I dismiss it. Sadly, the only videos where I was 'on' aren't up (me vs. Partisan back in the hotel room) or didn't get recorded (me and Mick played a ft5 where the score was 4-1 in my favor; we didn't finish because he had to play a MM vs. MTFighter, I think). Still, any vids are good vids for the Sets SA!!!

LP vs. Woahhzz - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy3QxCM52a8

LP vs. Partisan - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laC3kdfJa4k

LP vs. Mick - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUr7Rc6q_cQ

Team Upset (Hawkeye, Krayzie, LP) vs. Team Nothing Common (Ramon, Woahhzz, Lolo) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f6t5OpqY8Q

Team Upset (LP, Hawkeye, Krayzie) vs. Team Broken - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSNsBqpwSKY

Enjoy!

Veeeeeeeeeeeeery good!! It´s lovely! you didit perfectly! you are very good to represent Setsuka!

I enjoyed so much watching your videos, I specially laughed a lot in the Partisan VS LP because of the things that one of the comentarist was saying in spanish xD I just have to saw it various times because I was not paying atention at the fight at all LOL

Glad you like it! Going to be going to more tournaments, so hopefully I stop being so nervous. If not, there's always SC5. >_>

I think being nervious is part of a tournament! is like a ritual, nervious form part of it, I think all you have to do is accept them, and when you do that, you still be nervious but in a different way, you can see nervious like a positive thing, I love when my heart is beating fast after an important battle *o*

I talk from the ignorance, because I´ve not been in many tournaments, but I like to see it that way :)

I also think that when playing freeplays is better to play "First to something" because you play more seriously, is a good training for tournaments, better play little but intense than much and calm though....

Being nervious in a bad way is very bad for Setsuka, you need to be full of energy, and battle with all your heart! like you did LP, in the tournament I saw a very trusting herself Setsuka, your Setsuka don´t hesitate, make quick, good and powerfull desitions, I love that!

Damn...haven't played since SJ and NEED to see some sexy Sets action! WE NEED MORE VIDZ!!! =(

Ok so.. I'll be posting vids of a local player who mains Setsu. Guy's pretty good at execution, but he's looking for serious feedback. I'll be posting more casuals soon. For now, check this out:

Pretty good at execution?

Since he really wants feedback: I would say he is pretty bad at execution, pretty pretty bad. Thats what he has to train for sure. Missing his Throws, Missing Combos, Missing B+K, missing everything basically. For good execution he should watch Trace, Lost Providence, Maxou or my Vids.

He is using wrong moves at the wrong times way too much. Thats his biggest problems. This and his defense.

agB on wakeup is really weird, he shouldnt use so much 4K, especially not in those situations. I use 4K when my opponent doesnt know Setsuka maybe....otherwise its not that good. So slow and linear...Setsukas Wakeup is about 1A:A:A and 1B:B Mixup, about whoring throws out and when they start to duck Setsuka gets really strong with her Mids.

BB after an Perfect GI is not good, he should go for B+K then or FC3A+B.

His whiffpunishement as Setsuka is really weak. Playin Setsuka you have to be ready to SPAM 33B any second. If your opponent whiffs, BAM 33B. Thats how it has to be.

He doesnt step at all, whiff punishment is one of Setsukas Main Damage dealers, same for punishing.

Not enough Throws. He has to use 236 dash into throw/33B mixups. 236KG dash cancel etc.

When people roll on the ground, setsuka is really weak. He has to use 11K and 2B+K in those situations, or cancel a move into a ch 6K. In general he needs to use 6K.

Im uploading a few Vids, here is one which is pretty one sided, i'll upload one later where i get owned by Dark Slayers Amy. She is beyond retarded, unbelievable, lol.

Fair enough. I'll let him know.
Thanks a lot!

Do that. If i have to chose one aspect of his game, then i would say he is using moves in wrong situations.

Main Moves is 1BB, 6K, 1AAA, 2A, Throws (B+G Command Throw!!!!), 33B, 236 Mixups, 2B+K, 11K if his opponent roles, B+K Series, Umbrella and 44B+K to punish.

That is ALL he needs right now. When he learns how to use those moves, he can add some more...

See how DS owns me with Amy. Endscore was 5:2 for him.

In general i have massive problem when he plays super aggresive. Amy is such a braindead character, beeing able to spam B+K with almost no risk after he puts me into FC. It catches basically everything Setsuka has from FC, from the fast FC3BB till FC3A+B. When i do WRA he can 44B etc...so he just mixes up B+K with beeing super aggresive with pokes...putting me too much in defense which is instant death against Amy.

I get catched so often during my step with his 33B,66B etc...really a pain to step thise moves with Setsuka.

Check it here, you can see what i mean in one match where i get just destroyed.

I forgot to try to GI more with 3G...

See how DS owns me with Amy. Endscore was 5:2 for him.

In general i have massive problem when he plays super aggresive. Amy is such a braindead character, beeing able to spam B+K with almost no risk after he puts me into FC. It catches basically everything Setsuka has from FC, from the fast FC3BB till FC3A+B. When i do WRA he can 44B etc...so he just mixes up B+K with beeing super aggresive with pokes...putting me too much in defense which is instant death against Amy.

I get catched so often during my step with his 33B,66B etc...really a pain to step thise moves with Setsuka.

Check it here, you can see what i mean in one match where i get just destroyed.

I forgot to try to GI more with 3G...

A match Amy VS Sets is horribly annoying for Sets in my opinion, I am fed up with SCIV Amy, as you say is a braindead stupid very bad programated character, I was having a lot of troubles playing against Alex since he punish me perfectly everything, bA --> 33B 1A:A -->33B He tech me the A+G throw... I quote myself:

Hi! Do you have any tips for the Amy VS Setsuka match-up? is really annoying to face Amy with Sets, I´m having a lots of problems to defeat her... listen to me.

The main problem is that I can´t find a solid mix-up against her, when I do 1A:A:A the last hit use to whiff, and if I get to close, If I do 1A:A:A Amy blocks it and I got punished by Amy with a 33B (lots of DMG T__T)

I can´t abuse of the grabs too, cose A+G grab doesn´t works correctly on Amy, also, if I spam 1B:B I get interrupted with Amy´s B+K aGI, she also can punish 2A+B and have a good steping to avoid my 33B and most of Sets options, if I try a bA to beat steping and she blocks it I have a 33B no matter the distance I did the bA... I can´t go back cose Set´s movement is so bad, and if I step trying to avoid Amy´s 33B several times I got hit even when I´m steping to the right side because of the incredible huge tracking of Amy´s 33B and Set´s shitty movement.

So please! I need help, Amy is safe as hell and most of Sets options doesn´t works on her... is very hard to beat that little bitch...

My friend and I are trying out commentating our own matches for our website (gamingarcadia.com). I actually think it turned out pretty good, and it's definitely alot of fun. I've been playing Marvel for months, and with SCV coming out, I'm trying to get back on my Soul Calibur game (I'm really rusty). My friend has been playing everything else under the sun, but really got inspired to get back on FGs recently, and finally started to take the plunge in learning arcade stick. Neither of us are on our A game right now, but we are trying to get better.

I'm playing Setsuka and Taki in these sets. My voice is the quiet one without the accent. :P My Taki is definitely pretty bad, but I want to know, how do you guys think I should improve my Setsuka?

Things to keep in mind:
-My first time playing in months (since CEO), so I'm missing all kinds of stuff. (didn't help that his TV lagged :/)
-I only really have one main (Xianghua). But I'm really trying to take Setsuka out of 'secondary' territory, and into a second main.
-My friend hasn't played Soul Calibur since, like February, and is trying to learn stick on top of that. He (and his main, Ivy) is pretty darn good when he's on top of his game. So be nice about him :)

I want advice for my Setsuka, but I also would like critique for the video itself -- is it good/entertaining? What should we do differently?

Here is another one! Amy VS Sets now! my nightmare! T___T I don´t know why I can´t edit the previous post, the icon of the video still visible when I click edit and cover all the square :S please someone merge it...

Back