Setsuka Videos

Whore Peep Show: Setsuka Vids

What do you think the Sets player could've done better in that video I posted?

I don't think Kilik vs. Setsuka is THAT bad...I guess ^_^

The Kilik player was spot on except he got thrown too much. That's a WRB everytime.

Setsuka player started horribly with A+KB and he was rightfully punished hard. You can't give free hits to Kilik since that is a bad matchup for Setsuka to begin with.

44AA was punished as well and that wasn't supposed to be used at all, 66BA which wasn't punished and too many throw attempts by Setsuka. That's a no no against Kilik for too many reasons.

Good stuff about the Kilik player which makes it even harder for Setsuka. If the player can Asura the FC3BB spot on, then it becomes a mindgame for both parts. One part FC3B on purpose vs. Full Asura and 2 part Asura punished.

The Setsuka execution in the combos was nice but too many offensive attempts and silly openings for Kilik to punish.

And Wing, I know you LOVE and enjoy hearing this but Kilik has the advantage 6-4 in this matchup. Kilik always dictates the fight in this one and since Asura negates mids, it negates Setsuka's strong points which are throws and mids. If Setsuka didn't have her huge damage output, I would even say the gap would be even bigger like 7-3, 8-2 in Kilik's favor. Kilik always has to respect Setsuka's power and punishment so it balances out a little.

Whore Peep Show: Setsuka Vids

Awesome ****!!!! I think this is the 1st time I've seen people doing 1A series 2 times in a row, and also doing JF Umb after FC3BB. This is holy ****, I can now say that CheeseOfTheDay is the world's best Sets player. If you can do such combos in tourneys, it's gonna rape the fuck out of any guy alive.

And Wing, I know you LOVE and enjoy hearing this but Kilik has the advantage 6-4 in this matchup. Kilik always dictates the fight in this one and since Asura negates mids, it negates Setsuka's strong points which are throws and mids. If Setsuka didn't have her huge damage output, I would even say the gap would be even bigger like 7-3, 8-2 in Kilik's favor. Kilik always has to respect Setsuka's power and punishment so it balances out a little.
Now, I finally realized that Kiliks generally is Sets' worst nightmare.
It's like, a noob Kilik can easily defeat a veteran Setsuka, and a master Kilik will rape the lights out of a master Setsuka.
That seems to be how it goes.

Btw, does Kilik have no bad match-ups? Like, is there character who does great against Kiliks? It seems like none.

But Nikar, 100% of those combos are not for normal vs play:P. Even 11B A+KB umbrella is witch A+K "turn back" glith with is hard to do:P. The only vs combos where in my first and second CM (but also not that many).

Thx:), i was wondering why nobody record something like that eilier, i was thinking about doing cm with his balls from about 3 months:P.

Phew finally decided to join.

Hai people!

Wow, Cheese you're very good at using Sets!

So, is that how you supposed to use her? by throwing combos?

No. It’s important, like with any other character. But you won’t win only by using combos.
And thx, I think I reach really high level with her, technically. But compare to that what I played in sc3, I’m weak, I have to small knowledge of almost any character, so any match up is a mystery for me:P. And I don’t have time to work on it.

I see..

What? With that kind of skill you still considered yourself weak? I don't know what I am then. :)

I too played Sets in SC3. And that makes me wonder, what kind of game must we play in order to be considered 'using her properly'?
Is there any video that make you guys think "Wow, THIS is how you play Setsuka!" ?

ShenRei will deny it, but his Sets is pretty devastating. Maybe we'll get some good games on record this weekend.

What are you talking about man? You know it's all about Ashlotte!!

Gonna be lots of Calibur this weekend :D

Is there any video that make you guys think "Wow, THIS is how you play Setsuka!" ?

Well I think you don’t need that much to play this way. If you perfect all important combos, other stuff for her like frame data, attacks range, best tools for certain situations, movement. Then you will be, at least, good with her. Next step is to know other characters, how to fight and defend against them, nothing new really.

As for vids check changs fd vids, he play really solid and pretty flashy setsuka, and he have knowledge about many characters. He play almost the way she means to be played Almost, because he don’t wavedash and you have to wavedash as much as you can, or else your not pro:PPP.

Shenrei, good videos! Great Setsuka you got there. I loved the Setsuka vs. Yoshimitsu one. That Yoshimitsu was good too, haha. And to Cheese, that's some good casual videos, haha. You're quite fast with Sets, I'm pretty sure I have never got the 1B:B 214~3B:B JF Umbrella. I think I got that right but I'm not sure, lol. Still, great Setsuka! I can learned a little something from both you and Shenrie's vids. Off to Sets training now!

....You like to play it close don't you? Jeez.
Either you were just messing around, or that guy had you sweating bullets.

HajimeOwari and I had some casuals a few days ago. Was finally not lazy enough to record some vids. Some good matches in there. My thumbs are officially bruised.

Back