Setsuka Videos

Congrats Maxou!!

You're from Lyon right?? Or Marseille? :P

Im moving to geneva in 3 weeks, hope we can meet a weekend in November!! I need as much casuals as possible till Cannes!!

Bye, doc.

Hey doc :)

No I am from Toulouse !
There are players from lyon IIRC : Alex de Lyon.

I'll go to the GnouzRanking in november (Paris), hopefully we can meet there ! I won't be able to move much in november (I am starting to save money in order to go to Paris).

If you need versus, there are players in Geneva and in swiss (Furzy, Greven, Kawaks, Cliff, ...), don't worry, SoulCalibur players are everywhere ! :D

Arrrrgh...i thought you were from Lyon ! Damn it :P

Im already in contact with Furzy and Greven!! Thanks for the info...

I'll have to see whether i can go to Paris in November, dont know on which weekend my Girlfriend is coming for visit...of course im gonna try! Can you tell me the date of the ranking??

Bye,doc.

hmm..a sunday...might work if i get free on monday...im sure the frenchies will accept me as a special late guest :P right? RIGHT? I dont think im gonna know till mid of November...asking for holidays in the first week is not _that_ good i think...

France definetely has too many good players...

doc ! you are always welcome to my house in Paris
and I'd like to show you my progress, now that Belial has been helping me with my training, I'm a different player altogether ^^

Thank your very much! I will contact you if i can make it, i still got your number...

Looking forward to play your Amy again ;) But trust me , i got better, too :P

I'll try to put more vids of me and my sparring partners.

I don't know if anyone uses it but I've had success with CH 33B 6K 44A+B and 1B:B 214 44A+B, if they raise they take the UB, most of the time people are like "WTF?" and they are shocked you dared do Setsuka's UB.
And btw, I am using more and more UB cancel in order to realign myself with my opponent 236~4A+B:G (fastest cancel) into 33B tends to hit/get blocked way more than a regular 33B who can often get stepped.

He is
10char

No, really, he's not.

Nothing against him, I think he can do pretty well, but generally I find quite a few sets' better.

Also, baba, I really didn't like that sets too much. Passed up on a lot of free damage, and used way too much random 2A+B. I also am not sure about how malek was playing. Not to insult him, he's an awesome player, but this match was not his best. When I see things like Blocked B+K, A+B+K+G(Facepalm's full animation) and 2A+B unblocked, I start to wonder. o_O

Not that I think this sets is useless or horrible in any way, I just think he passed up on too much stuff that I saw no reason for. (IE: Not a better position for oki.)

euhm, with all respect. but did u watch the same match?

that is one of the better sets i have seen so far. ofcourse there are mistakes but he's still human. i don't see any big structural mistakes in his gameplay.
the 2 A+B you mention is not really that big of a mistake. he does 6 in total where 3 of them hit, 1 of them even being folowed by wall combo. Only one of those really whiffes, which is the biggest problem. overall he got more damage out of those 2 A+B then he suffered damage from missed/blocked ones so i don't see how you can really find it that big of an issue.

the only two things i would advice is to increase the succes rate of both 1A: A :A and 214 B+G jf umbrella. a missed 1 A: A: A is far more dangerous than a blocked 2 A+B. the same goes for doing an umbrella to late.

euhm, with all respect. but did u watch the same match?

that is one of the better sets i have seen so far. ofcourse there are mistakes but he's still human. i don't see any big structural mistakes in his gameplay.
the 2 A+B you mention is not really that big of a mistake. he does 6 in total where 3 of them hit, 1 of them even being folowed by wall combo. Only one of those really whiffes, which is the biggest problem. overall he got more damage out of those 2 A+B then he suffered damage from missed/blocked ones so i don't see how you can really find it that big of an issue.

the only two things i would advice is to increase the succes rate of both 1A: A :A and 214 B+G jf umbrella. a missed 1 A: A: A is far more dangerous than a blocked 2 A+B. the same goes for doing an umbrella to late.

2A+B is not something to be used too much. That's the problem I have with it. It isn't easy to punish, but it's sure as hell punishable.

I saw some interesting stuff, and some good reactions, IE: Umbrella punishing 6AAA, I'll give him that.

I also see have some execution problems, that generally aren't really TV lag related, especially considering they generally use X360 over there. He misses 214B+G->Umbrella and A+K B JF umbrella, which are some staples he needs to know. Uses 214B+G->Umbrella when 22A+BA would have given him a higher damage wall combo, Uses B+K, doesn't followup, Facepalms into 2A+B.. I'm seeing too much B+K (Though, I'll grant he tends to use it on ivy in WP) he never uses step killers like 214A, 236_66A, he never uses WS B or 214~3B:B (I consider these all staples. the tracking on 214~3B:B is just awesome, and WS B is obvious for it's effectiveness) He passes up a few chances to use wavedash effectively. A couple times I see him do very little for oki, he kind of dashes into the corpse a couple times when he could A+KB because ivy isn't rolling correctly...

There's a lot of problems here. Also, 214B+G umbrella is safe/mostly safe to miss on ivy.

Whew, nice video loved Ivy's JF whips and SugarRainbowLove if you use Setsuka how about you play me i've been looking for someone to train with.
Other than MGV and King-_-Kelz-_-

2A+B is not something to be used too much. That's the problem I have with it. It isn't easy to punish, but it's sure as hell punishable.

I saw some interesting stuff, and some good reactions, IE: Umbrella punishing 6AAA, I'll give him that.

I also see have some execution problems, that generally aren't really TV lag related, especially considering they generally use X360 over there. He misses 214B+G->Umbrella and A+K B JF umbrella, which are some staples he needs to know. Uses 214B+G->Umbrella when 22A+BA would have given him a higher damage wall combo, Uses B+K, doesn't followup, Facepalms into 2A+B.. I'm seeing too much B+K (Though, I'll grant he tends to use it on ivy in WP) he never uses step killers like 214A, 236_66A, he never uses WS B or 214~3B:B (I consider these all staples. the tracking on 214~3B:B is just awesome, and WS B is obvious for it's effectiveness) He passes up a few chances to use wavedash effectively. A couple times I see him do very little for oki, he kind of dashes into the corpse a couple times when he could A+KB because ivy isn't rolling correctly...

There's a lot of problems here. Also, 214B+G umbrella is safe/mostly safe to miss on ivy.

well im sure you wouldnt make zero mistakes either and 2A+B is very lightly punishable by ivy so the risk reward is in setsuka's favor, and do you play online much cause if you do could you ask to be recorded by Xephukai or NDK916(i think) cause you sound like your quite amazeing and i havent seen a new good one in awhile.

Back