Setsuka Videos

Well your Setsuka does have good JF execution and all but... I am sorry ... the fight was still bad ... on both parts... you're really lucky your opponent didn't know how to fight against Setsuka at all. I thought I watched an online match ...

Stop using THAT MUCH 2A+B... (although they hit, I seriously doubt you can randomly use them against someone who knows a little against Setsuka you'll either be punished or stepped)
Stop using 66B,A (second hit can be ducked... and the frame advantage if you only do 66B isn't good)
Stop using that much competely random unsafe moves overall (the worst part of it is that they often hit... and when they get blocked they aren't punished...)
Learn to punish

That's for the obvious stuff.

Wow, Mgv's setsu is very good. I loved the way you utilized cancels to make your slow moves less readable, and some of your setups were plain amazing, I'm going to borrow those! And how you controled your opponent movement with FC 3aB it is a risky tactic but very annoying to deal with. You certainly know how to put a lot of pressure on your opponent. When Setsu play like this against me its always hard to punish all her stuff, b/c I become hesitant trying to punish some unsafe then suddenly she's in my face, so - great job, loved your vids a lot, probably the best sets I've seen so far.

I think maxou summed it up rather well. Mgv is playing like this is online. Hell, I've played his sets online, and this is almost exactly how it plays. But yeah, Watching the first video I'm seeing WAY too many lag tactics, followed by some very random cancels. Not to mention all the random ducking at disadvantage. Which I'm thinking is meant to avoid the throw spam which comes when you're at disadvantage online.

The second video was an OBVIOUS skill difference, that Mendeus was just doing such weird stuff. 66BA on block to 2A+B? lolwut? Not to mention I saw a lot of weird stuff from mgv as well, like natural hit 33B 66BA. And was 1B:B 1B:B 1A: A :A really necessary when 1B:B 66BA would have rung out? The former isn't even guaranteed.

MGV's execution was good, but he REALLY needs to work on application. There was just too much stuff that I cringed at seeing it used offline, and he got punished for it a lot of the time.

Wow Mgv needs to play offline more often. I play him online all the time and his offline Setsuka should be raping his amazing online one, but it's not..

I agree with all the ducking at a disadvantage. He's assuming too much which is where all of the online gaming comes to play because he's assuming he's gonna get thrown or lowed. His Setsuka is still sexy though.

Though this is purely for entertainment, I found it fun.

Nothing you can actually use in matches, but here: Setsuka and Tira Charge cancel combos.

Hi There,

I'm a new here in the forum, just discovered it and it seemed to me really organized and well made.
Anyway, I did a Setsuka Video Combo and wanted to share with you.

-------------------------------------------------
Blade Of Hatred - Setsuka Combo Act
-------------------------------------------------

I Know It's hard to compete with Cheese in terms of combos, so I decided not to. My video is more about esthetics and less about guaranteed or highly damage combos.

Cheese did a great job, and I'm just beginning.
Please watch, rate & comment.

Thanks
P.S. If here is not the right place to post the video, or there's a better place, please let me know.

damn..that was fu..in awesome..love the music in that vid..and ya dont need to be modest ;)
keep it up,hope we /i will see more work from your setsuka ^^

Oh, thanks Amanda, cool to see you like it.

I'm posting two offline battles, cuz I simply can't play online with her I reaaly suck.

Setsuka(me) vs Cervantes(my friend)
Some interesting aGI, one more and I think I would do the Sakura Moon Combo!

Setsuka vs Cervantes

Any hints, critics to my gameplay are welcome.

Thanks

no problem.
nice matches there,and funny comments ;) i dont know the frame list of setsuke but i can give ya a advise "start stepping ;)" it would be great for your play style =) all in one..the cervantes player was really good.

Cervantes was getting a way with 3B way too much-- your friend was almost doing it after blocking every other move. So yes, side-stepping would've been good. Also, you can punish 3B on block with AA. There were many other punishable moves he was getting away with too-- make sure you take what free damage he gives you. In general, try to notice obvious attack patterns, and punish/counter accordingly (I noticed you tried to interrupt with umbrella when you were at disadvantage and this was how you ate Cervy's 3B a number of times-- if your opponent is doing a lot of high attacks than this might have been a good idea, but that wasn't the case).

It seems like you were too preoccupied with thinking about what kind attacks you were going to do next instead of paying attention to what your opponent was doing. I saw that combo video that you made, and it's cool that you can execute those flashy combos, but don't try to force them into match play. For example, I saw you trying to use agB. That attack is good because of the damage and it's Tech Crouch, but don't run up to your opponent expecting he'll just eat it for no reason. Use it to duck under throws and other high attacks, not on a blocking opponent.

Concluding remarks: watch some of the other Setsuka match videos in this thread to get a feel of how to apply the combos and how to setup your own basic defense. Also, http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=lks9413&view=videos&query=setsuka Chang's fd is a player with an effective and flashy Setsuka so it's definitely worth it to watch some of his matches.

Oh yeah, that's true. I need to side step more. But, Setsuka is not really good at it, like Mitsu, for example.
Actually I've never watched my gameplay before.

I Just got punished over, and over by the same move. hheehe

But, my game is to maintain presure over my oponent, for that reason what you said, microgamer, is true, I think too much about my next move and forget to whatchover my oponent's move. ehheeh

But, one thing I must say: I love the umbrella move. I have to stop doing it after each blocked attack. hehehe
But it works with other players. The ones that are not used to my game. Not on my friend though!

^^ lol...ok how about with 22 A ?? thats a good move..i think she steps good with it..and after that,you have your back to ya opponnent then ya could macke B+K B..i think..if im worng..then my bad :p

Oh, thanks Amanda, cool to see you like it.

I'm posting two offline battles, cuz I simply can't play online with her I reaaly suck.

Setsuka(me) vs Cervantes(my friend)
Some interesting aGI, one more and I think I would do the Sakura Moon Combo!

Setsuka vs Cervantes

Any hints, critics to my gameplay are welcome.

Thanks

Uh that cervantes was doing online tactics offline so my addvice would be find better comp and punish his
3B with umbrella.

Mad props for your combo video. Her shenanigans are really fun to watch and they give you this damn good feeling of sheer awesomeness if you managed to get them down.

I´m not very trusted with the Cervy/Setsu Match-up, but my advice would 4A after some of your safer moves like AA, BB, 214B, 214A, 214K. The reason for 4A being so good is the built-in TC and retreat-step, which will catch many characters off guard when you use it after safe moves or after your opponent´s blocked ones (if they try to attack you shortly after they got their attack blocked).

As for punishing, I tend to love 44B+K. Sure, it´s high, but it´s also i14 and has a good pushback on block (still -16, but hard to punish). Punishing with umbrella is really hard to do outside of ducked highs.

In my opinion, you should use her many great WS moves out of 214 like 214A_B_K because they´re all safe on block (WSA: i16 and -2 WSB: i17 and -8 WSK: i15 and -6). Just practice with these nice tools, they´re some of her best ones.

edit: BT B+K:B only combos after a CH 22_88A (again, not against all characters). Is a solid move (-8 on block) but still not really fast with i23.

No Amanda, you're right. As long as the 22 A is not bloqued you get your back at your opponent and can do the JF B+K B. I used to get that move when side-stepping and missing the AgB one eheheh. My accuracy has to be improved! [;)]

Liked the "sheer awesomeness" thing heeheh, but it's how we feel isn't it?
Yeah, the 4A move is very useful, specially cuz you can start a lot of Setsuka's combo by doing it. And to use it after safe moves is way better.

Setsuka(Cube) vs Yun(Kura)

Cube(Setsuka) vs Hyeon-mu(Mitsurugi)-1

Cube(Setsuka) vs Hyeon-mu(Mitsurugi)-2

Back