She's Bossy: General Cassie strat and matchups

OKay quick question...
If your using Cassy, and your online, if you do 33b and your oponent has been 2a'ing a lot after it, is it legit to 9b after it to TJ the 2a? Or is it considered lag.
If you use aa~2B+K beause your oponent is to slow to catch your drift so aa's right after you, is that legit online? and use it's TC Properties to get under it
Also if you do B+K after a move on gaurd only for it's evasive qualities, is that a no go to?

If they are being predictable and you use a move with evasive properties to counter their move, there's nothing wrong with that, even if you are at minor disadvantage (if the tech jump frames legitimately would evade the move without any lag then it would have worked offline and you successfully guessed your opponent's response). You are of course taking a risk that they'll do something different in response and counter hit you out of it. If it works in training mode, then its a legit tactic.

Just tried some 33B 214 action, worked a few times, though got hit out of it a few times as well.

If they are being predictable and you use a move with evasive properties to counter their move, there's nothing wrong with that, even if you are at minor disadvantage (if the tech jump frames legitimately would evade the move without any lag then it would have worked offline and you successfully guessed your opponent's response). You are of course taking a risk that they'll do something different in response and counter hit you out of it. If it works in training mode, then its a legit tactic.

Just tried some 33B 214 action, worked a few times, though got hit out of it a few times as well.
I Have a 5 with this guy, He was playing pretty pretictable, I was taking a risk, which I Never DO! and it worked, lol.

Well yeah any move you do from it is unsafe except K. But after 33B on block in sets up the frames nicely for an impact from most any move. Other than that I don't reccommend using it..
Lobo is right, though. Using 214 is kind of pointless when you have her awesome backdash. If you want an aGI, use FC3B after 33b; shit's way better in almost every aspect. Or, like lobo said, GI or backdash. Using 214 as a set up after 33b is way riskier.

OKay quick question...
If your using Cassy, and your online, if you do 33b and your oponent has been 2a'ing a lot after it, is it legit to 9b after it to TJ the 2a? Or is it considered lag.
If you use aa~2B+K beause your oponent is to slow to catch your drift so aa's right after you, is that legit online? and use it's TC Properties to get under it
Also if you do B+K after a move on gaurd only for it's evasive qualities, is that a no go to?
All legit tactics.

All legit tactics.
Thanx Xeph, they probably can get me in trouble if I'm fighting someone good, like you, but it was just Ridley and he was bitching the whoile time. I just told him about the evasive properties and he said they are still laggy, idc though I Dont always do it.

33B being -2 on grd actually allows Cass a couple followups, you can't hit confirm right away so its wise to predict your followup based on the opponent's previous actions and/or cassy's character matchups... You can do 2A*2B+K to TC under Highs, 9B*66K to TJ Lows, or AA*214(IMP) to stop i15 to i16 retaliation, you can Guard*GI*Step afterwards for defense or spacing, although spacing would be character dependant, and finally you can 2K*Throw if they decide to clam up in anticipation... This mixup can go several ways and can be done off -2~+1 on grd or hit, or if B+K hits (because of fear advantage)... Keep in mind that all options besides the last 3 (Guard/ GI/ Spacing) are all risks depending on who you're up against, but all followups are safe on grd too...
Off the top of my head:
WR {A}, BT A, WR K, 22*88AA, 66B, 33B, and AS K are all -2~+1 on GRD...
A, AK, B, 1B, FC 2B, BT 2B, 1K, 2B+K, and 66B+KA are -2~+1 on HIT...
CH A, CH 4A, CH B, and CH 2K are -2~+1 on CH...
2B, 4BB, B+K, 8A+K, 22*88K are candidates for the mixup on HIT due to fear advantage of the followup...

Hopefully this can help your offensive strategy a bit...

here's some neat situational anti-Yoshi stuff
Cassy gets free 4BB:A pickup if Yoshi whiffs his SDGF K jf during his stun animation.
she also gets free 4BB:A pickup after Yoshi does 66[A+K] (SEPPUKU!), regardless of if it hits her or not. she can literally get hit by it, tech, and 4BB:A while his animation ends.

after that post, i decided to do some more research with 4BB:A vs. moves that leave the opponent grounded.

the following moves will give cassy guaranteed (unless noted) 4BB:A--

blocked Yoshi SDGF K botched jf
any circumstance Yoshi 66[A+K]
blocked Ivy SW 44K
whiffed X Crybaby
and you can interrupt Voldo's BT 3A+B K (his low "bomb" move) with a 4BB:A pickup as well.
i have a hunch you'd be able to pick Yoshi up after his T5 4A+K K but i don't have someone here to test it with me.

i was really hoping for some sexy anti-Talim out of this :(

Back