Should Motohiro Okubo remain the lead on future games in the series?

This is really starting to become A Thing, isn't it? Developers outsourcing most of game development on big projects, that is.

Square Enix even had CyberConnect2 doing the majority of development on the Final Fantasy VII remake until they took it back in-house, citing dissatisfaction with the quality.

Absolutely! Okubo-san has really reignited my interest in the series after the huge disappointment that was SCV. And by seeing the datamine leaks popping up with each recent patch pretty much shows that we'll be seeing SCVI being supported for a long time compared to the 4 month developer support that SCV received. Can't wait to see my main coming back as DLC soon! ^_^

OKUBO IS GREAT IF YOU THINK THE MECHANICS OF SC4-6 ARE HOW THINGS SHOULD BE. BUT IF YOU ACTUALLY LIKED BEING ABLE TO MOVE IN SC1-3, THEN YOU'D SAY OKUBO FUCKED UP BIG TIME. SC6 IS A DISASTER, IMO. NOBODY WANTED CALIBUR TO BE REVIVED WITH REVERSAL EDGE, EITHER.

OKUBO DIRECTED SC6'S MECHANICS SO THAT SPECTATORS AND SCRUBS FEEL MORE ENTERTAINED. THE COMPETITORS THEMSELVES ARE DIVIDED ON HOW IT SHOULD FUNCTION. EITHER WAY, PROJECT SOUL LOST THEIR VISION OF HOW SOULCALIBUR SHOULD PLAY EVER SINCE SC4 WAS MADE.

ALSO, TO ALL YOU ASSHOLES WHO THINK EVERYONE SHOULD BE GLAD SIMPLY BECAUSE SC6 EXISTS AT ALL, NO. THAT'S NOT A REAL ARGUMENT.

I'm thankful that Motohiro Okubo took Soulcalibur under his mantle, while it's not perfect and still has some of the lesser ideas from previous iterations like super move meters, grabs & super moves bound to a single trigger push, RE, CE, etc. it certainly is a step forward from the previous installment.

Despite the many flaws and sins SC VI is fun again, it's not as good as SC1-3, but the effort is worth a lot.

Alright, looks like Okubo saved the series. I think he'd do well leading again, creating S2 DLC and of course, SCVII. I was really worried about where the series would be after Okubo stated that it'd die if the game failed, but I also knew Okubo had what it takes to make it better than SCV (admittedly not too hard there), and I knew when the game came out that it didn't kill the series like all the trolls were trying to say.

I can't wait to see what he does with Soulcalibur VII!

SC6 IS A DISASTER, IMO.

ALSO, TO ALL YOU ASSHOLES WHO THINK EVERYONE SHOULD BE GLAD SIMPLY BECAUSE SC6 EXISTS AT ALL, NO. THAT'S NOT A REAL ARGUMENT.
I think it is an argument, if one, like i, doesn't share your opinion that SCVI is a disaster.

It exists, and i like most of it, so i say:
Good job Okubo.

Last edited:
Back