Should Project Soul officially introduce Seidou Nagumo and Setsu in a future game ?

Should Project Soul officially introduce Seidou Nagumo and Setsu in the next SC game ?

• Total voters
They come, of course, but that will not prevent another katana guy join SC 7, as you mentioned has Haoh/2B in SC 6.
Putting aside my openess to additional styles within the core wheelhouse of weapons, I do have a hard time imagining them reviving a random character that got dropped at the concept art stage nearly 20 years ago over just promoting Arthur to main roster status--particularly in that he has already featured in actual games in the past and they have both a well-developed character design and at least half of a complete moveset for him already animated and mapped out as a base upon which to produce the rest. It seems like the path of least resistance even if they wanted yet another katana wielder (and I'm not sure they would). Afterall, if this guy was anything more than just a passing conceptual notion among the development team, when that (largely the same) team went on to make SCIII just a few years later, they would have made him the basis for one of the umpteen various characters in that game (main roster or 'bonus' characters) who wield a katana...which they didn't.

I just have a hard time imagining that an almost completely different team would reach, all these years later, that far into the lore/concept box to pull out a main roster fighter--particularly when they have shown a marked proclivity in recent games for instead going after very wild new original character concepts, rather than traditional styles. I just wouldn't say it has much chance of ever happening. But then the question here I am interpreting as being more about how much we would welcome it, rather than whether we think it would happen. And in those terms, I will take anybody whose moveset is based around a traditional real-world weapon over the kinds of concepts that have formed the basis for most completely original character designs in recent entries: the sword wizards, anime spazes, and various characters who look more realistic as sleezy frontmen for horrible emo bands than they do as historical fighters.

Last edited:
all the 'No' are from Taki players..
hgy62Ff.gif

Back