Shred apart! Ivy Punishment Charts

True, otherwise ZWEI would actually be really good.
Working on Raph atm.

Edit:

Raphael:

A,B: 6b8K
6A,B: 6b8K/1b BE**
6A,{B] Prep series: 214B beats all options
1A: FC 3B
4A: 6b8K
Jump A: 4B
B,B,B: SS Tehzas/JG CE/1B BE/6b8K
6B,B,B: SS Tehzas/JG CE/1B BE/6b8K
6B,{B] Prep Series: 214B beats all. (214B can be punished if Raph doesn't go into Prep and his attack was point blank (16 damage)
3{B] Prep Series: 214B beats all. (214B can be punished if Raph doesn't go into Prep and his attack was point blank (16 damage)
4{B] Prep Series: 214 beats all. (214B can be punished if Raph doesn't go into Prep and his attack was point blank (16 damage)
3B: 6b8K
4B: 6b8K
6B,B: 6b8K
236B: 6b8K
FC 3B: 6b8K
1K: 6b8K/1b BE
2K: FC 3K
6K: 6b8K
A+B: 6b8K/1b BE
A+B,A: 6b8K
22_88A: 4B
33_99A: 6b8K
11_44_77A,B: 6b8K
11_77B: FC 1B
11_77B,B: 6b8K
44B: 6b8K/1b BE**
33_99K,B: 6b8K**/1b BE**
33_99K: 6b8K/1b BE
11_77K: 6b8K
66B+K: 6b8K
11_44_77A+B: 214B Beats all.
Prep B,B,B: SS Tehzas/JG CE/1B BE/6b8K
Prep A+B: FC 1{B]
Prep K: 6b8K/CE**
66B,B BE: JG then SS 8th hit. Note, you will recieve 8 damage for JG'ing so be careful.
Prep B,B BE: JG then SS 8th hit. Note, you will recieve 8 damage for JG'ing so be careful.
Prep K BE: Duck FC 1B/ Duck CE
CE: CE

Siegfried is done as well but I need to go now.

If you need anyone else to clarify your research just give us a shout, I'm almost always available to test things. Which reminds me, I need to finish Algol's list.

Thanks WhYYZ. I will look through your punishment list and test them on practice when I get some free time.

Thanks WhYYZ. I will look through your punishment list and test them on practice when I get some free time.

Would be great!

I have become a bit more precise writing stuff down and double checking if punishes work or not.

I still owed you guys a Siegfried punishment. It's not fully complete because I can't get some slide inputs (Cross Combo, Progressive Grounder, Progressive Phantom and Spinning Phantom Combo are just impossibru for some reason)

This is huge mess BTW this match-up is just yuck.

CE: 66A
66k BE: 4B Cancels all options but trades with K(11,12)/JG 1b BE
Chiefhold k BE: JG 6b8K
Basehold k BE: 6b8K
A,A,B~Base hold series: 4B Punishes and cancels all options/ 6b8k Punishes and cancels all options except A and a2: 214B beats all options except Base Hold K.
{A]: 214B punishes and cancels all options.
6{A]: 214 Cancels all options except Chief Hold to the left of Ivy if used on tip.
3A: 6b8K
2A: FC 3K
1B,B: 6b8k/4B between strings/6b8 between strings trades (28,28)
1B: 6b8K
4B: 6b8K
4{B]: 2B punishes beats all options/214B beats all except Chief Hold to the left of Ivy
FC 2A: FC 3K
WR A series: Jump K beats all options except Side Hold K
WR A,A: FC 1{B]
BT 2A: FC 3K
B,B,[?] series: Interrupt 3rd hit with 6b8K, loses to BBK
B,B,A: 6b8K
B4: SS tehzas
6B: 3K
3{B]: 4B punishes and cancels all options, trades with K (11,12) loses to Reverse Side Hold/214B Cancels all options loses to Chiefhold K
3B: 1B BE/6b8k
2B: 6b8K
4B: 4B
{B]: 2A beats all options
WR {B]: 4B punishes and cancels all options, trades with K (11,12) loses to Reverse Side Hold/214B Cancels all options loses to Chiefhold K
BT B,B: 6b8K
3K,K,B: 1b BE/6b8K/JG CE
4K,K: Duck 2nd hit FC 1B
4K: 6b8K
WR K: 6b8K
Jump K: 1b BE/6b8K
A+B,B: 8B
2A+B: 6b8K
2{A+B]: 214B cancels all options, loses to Chief Hold to the left of Ivy
33_66_99A: Duck FC 1B
11_44_77{A] Series: 214B beats all options loses to Chief Hold to the left of Ivy on tip.
66A: FC 1{B]
33_77{B]: 4B punishes and cancels all options, trades with K (11,12) loses to Reverse Side Hold/214B Cancels all options loses to Chiefhold K
44 {B] Series: FC 1B punishes and beats all options (Including 44BB) Doesn't launch if Siegfried does 44B or Chiefhold to the left of Ivy
66A+B: 6b8K
Run K: FC 1B
44K: Duck~Rise BK
BH A: FC 1{b}
BH K: 6b8K
RSH A: Duck 1B
RSH K: FC 1B
RSH B: CE
CH KK: 6b8K
CH B: JG 6b8K
SH A: FC 1B
SH AA: FC 1B
SH BBB: SS Tehzas 2nd hit.
SH K: 4B/ 6b8K**

It's one huge clusterfuck full trades and whiffs which is REALLY annoying. And the reason is that Siegfried, even though the most of them keep attacking, can dodge moves that could potentially shut him down by either going in Reverse Side Hold or Chief Hold to the left. If Chief Hold K was 1 frame lower this list would have been a lot easier.

Yea Sig 3B will catch Ivy 3B if Ivy using 3B at disadvantage, that because his weapon coming from the same side were Ivy is evading. Same with 214B.

I think Ivy 3B beast all Sig option after Sig 3[B ], except Chief Hold A.

Other notes
Voldo 3B B. If you JG the second B you get 3B, 6B8 Combo.
Cery 1AB. Again if you JG the B you get 3B, 6B8 Combo.

Just tested them both to make absolute sure, and the results are positive. Thanks Eli.

Ivy's 3B after Sieg 3(B) will work only if Ivy is very close. Also, if Siegfried delays SCH K or SCH K BE, it will beat Ivy's 3B.

I should have mention this for Cery. Blocked iGDR at a close range, give you a free 3B, 6B8 combo. iGDR blocked at far range, 3B will still punish but will not combo with 6B8. However you can still punish with CE or a free CS back throw.

I wish the CE would be stronger for back throws - but people already bitch about its damage too much and how hard it is to evade.

Pyrrha, Pyrrha Omega, Nightmare, Tira, Alpha Patroklos, Patroklos, Leixia, Aeon, Astaroth, Xiba, Viola, Yoshi. Natsu, Ivy,

Voldo, Cervantes, Z.W.E.I, Mitsurugi, Hilde, Raphael, (Siegfried) (Algol)

Dampierre, Maxi,

I'll give the slide-inputs of Siegfried another go today and I'll do Mr. Bello.

For Siegfried's CE, sidestep up (1p side) and use 6B+K on his back for 100 damage.

PS. in my experience the MU is in Ivy's favor

You know, I did 44A at the same time ChaosK used Sieg's CE and I managed to hit him and his CE went straight through me without damaging me. Maybe I still have the replay..

Good work everyone!

I just looked over NM real quick and noticed that it says you can beat all GS options with 4A.
This is not true, e.g. after 22A6 or 1A6 NM can stay in crouch and punish with 3B, WR B.
WR B+K beats 1A6 at any range, but loses to 1A ~ G at mid range.
You can get punished with 3B, so dont always use WR B+K.
Also be careful with 2As vs GS, it can be baited out very easy, its not worth it if you think about it.

I recommed to play the mix up, and punish hard.

PS: Dont forget, you can punish a lot of moves with iFC1B , iFC1 (B) on JG . Like NM 3AA, 22AA, Leixia 66AA...

There's really no universal way to beat NMs GS or NSS.

CE actually works in some cases, but as you said NM can always just stay in crouch. I learned that the hard way.

Pyrrha, Pyrrha Omega, Nightmare, Tira, Alpha Patroklos, Patroklos, Leixia, Aeon, Astaroth, Xiba, Viola, Yoshi. Natsu, Ivy,

Voldo, Cervantes, Z.W.E.I, Mitsurugi, Hilde, Raphael, (Siegfried) (Algol)

Dampierre, Maxi,

We really should finish this thread. Also the OP looks like crap because of the whole colour change of the website.

You can JG the second hit of Phyrra's CE sidestep and use 44B6 in her back for a good 100+ damage.

Back