Shura-only Combos....

Dullyanna

[10] Knight
I'm asking about this, if only for the lulz: Are there actually any combos for Shura that only work for her, and offer superior damage/wakes to Cervy's alternatives? If so, we might as well compile a list of this ish (Note that I'd normally test this crap out myself, but I don't have my 360 until next week).

Well on my controller, foward y, y into diagonal down back X would just be him doing two knees, followed by a guard impact.

Try here. Remember everyone has different control setups, there's a reason we do this.

Nothing broken, then? lol, I remember when I believed the people who said that Shura and Scheherewhateverthefuck had overpowered combos due to range... goddamn, I was gullible to buy that shit.

Shura's range does make her pretty good. Her aB can become effectively safe when used at range, just because it hits SO far away

Nothing broken, then? lol, I remember when I believed the people who said that Shura and Scheherewhateverthefuck had overpowered combos due to range... goddamn, I was gullible to buy that shit.

Like Dave said, it's not specifically the combos, it's overall range. Sheherehaehrhearhearahzod's 1a reaches as far as Cervy's 1a, think about those two moves for a second. But at least there's a downside to picking her, you lose Amy's small size and fucked up hitboxes. For Shura there's no logical reason not to pick her, other than being stubborn like me.

For Shura there's no logical reason not to pick her, other than being stubborn like me.

That's exactly what it is. People didn't want to play a female version of their favorite or most used character. Besides, bonus characters have always felt like a waste of space. Just make a completely new character instead of being lazy

Which of Shura's moves have longer range? Is it only a few or all of the weapon based attacks?

Just the weapon based attacks from what I see, because instead of having his short sword, they are both the same length

Since we're only talk'n range here the only thing I could say is this...

After tripping characters in the front with 1A with no walls or edges near by...

Cervy can do a WS BB follow-up hitting most of the male characters (few are range dependent). When it comes to females he can only hit them with WS B (except Taki).

Shura however, can do WS BB to all male and female characters.

Despite what many people say, aesthetics do matter to a degree with characters. So yeah, the extra range that Shura has is a great boon, and she invalidates Cervy on a purely technical viewpoint... but anybody who's sane will know that the magical flying ghost pirate will always be better than some cliched butt-floss wearing anime whore.

Despite what many people say, aesthetics do matter to a degree with characters. So yeah, the extra range that Shura has is a great boon, and she invalidates Cervy on a purely technical viewpoint... but anybody who's sane will know that the magical flying ghost pirate will always be better than some cliched butt-floss wearing anime whore.

Assless chaps > Magical flying ghost pirate.

And i like butt floss thank you very much

Assless chaps > Magical flying ghost pirate.

And i like butt floss thank you very much

HOW DARE YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION!?!?!! Seriously though, I normally use a female CAS for Cervy, because I really like that top hat that Setsuka has...

WS A, 4b,k into bt B+K whiffs for Cervy, not for Shura. Bullshit. Q.Q

I wonder if you can still backstep away from it? I know Hilde can backstep away from aK, bt B+K in that combo. Not sure if all characters can, I don't think so.

Back