Siegfried General Discussion / Q&A

Hahaha yea... I don't understand why 3Bs TC is horrible while wrBs TC is godlike lol, they are essentially the same move, just one starts from FC.
Yes, I don't know why Namco did that. I have the feeling that it is STC during few frame (like 3B from SCIV).
WSB is also doing more damage, launchs at tip range and tracks far better. 3B can whiff by itself against a standing oppenant, when WSB can sometimes catchs side step...
Why is it not possible to just have normal tracking for both ? (maybe it's too hard for Namco).

BTW the point to mix up low throw with iWSB, is that to perform this one you have to go FC first. A lot of people block FC throws not because they can see them, but because they notice that you duck first.

Also SCH B 1K is my favorite combo against Alexandras characters, since 3B whiffs too often here (Whiffjintsu chapter 2).

Who among the Legendary Siegfrieds of Yore has PSN? Since you're all inexplicably back at the same time, anyone down for some matches this weekend?

Who among the Legendary Siegfrieds of Yore has PSN? Since you're all inexplicably back at the same time, anyone down for some matches this weekend?
lol yea we never left - though i myself havent played consistently in some time.

I have PSN, and i may be able to have some matches with you if you are interested. maybe it'll motivate me to shake off the rust.

I have PSN but I wont be available for SCV matches till Sunday (I'll surely be on on Wednesday though). Id love to play, watch and learn but I guess it will be laggy (Greece->USA/Canada). If you guys have no problem then I have no problem :)

As for the TC of WRB, why do you guys find it weird? I thought it was normal since its a move from FC (tbh the animation looks slightly different to me like hes more ducked in WRB till a tiny bit before the hit). It also does more damage than the regular one and from FC its 16 frames, so its like godlike for punishing these kind of moves that leave you in FC (maybe it catches some step?? i dont remember but I use WRAA against those step-happy opponents)

What I dont understand sometimes is why my 2A gets stepped in weird situations and Im like 'that should've hit' -.-

If you think something can TC a vertical mid, it's probably worth investigating how and why lol

About which move what do you mean? And what kind of vertical mid, something like B6?
Unless you mean the WRB's STC Panto mentioned in his post? It has never occured to me, I havent searched it but it would be another neat feature
Also it seems that not all mids hit at the same area. For example, b6 appears to hit a bit higher than 6B.

2A+B depend of the character. 66B does work at far range, I use it quite often and it is not that hard to confirm the range. But it seems that it works better when you are first player (don't ask why).

I just tested that on the 2p side and you're right, typical Sieg bullshit.

If you think something can TC a vertical mid, it's probably worth investigating how and why lol

Pat's B+K and 3B say Hi!

I don't know if anyone else has posted anything about this, but I recently came across a (possible?) glitch. You can do a BE version of base hold (B+K). To do it, you 3 B and use SCH K and input A+B+K at the instant at which Siegfried pulls his kick back in. I don't think its all that useful other than to make opponents think: "what? I've never seen yellow stuff on that before!" Unlike the Cerv glitches I've found...*cough you can mash IGDR off 8 A+B cough*

yes that has been found before. you should also note that it stocks the BE for later use so long as you dont get hit.

however, SCH K is pretty negative on block considering you are stuck in stance after, enough so to make this at the very least, pretty situational to use, and mostly as a gimmick.

yes that has been found before. you should also note that it stocks the BE for later use so long as you dont get hit.

however, SCH K is pretty negative on block considering you are stuck in stance after, enough so to make this at the very least, pretty situational to use, and mostly as a gimmick.

Ahh. I didn't notice that it stocks the BE. Its good to know.. Out of curiosity, have you logged on SCV for PSN recently? I wouldn't mind playing ye if the lag allows it.

Well I still play on occasion, though I don't train seriously anymore. I will be online soon, and I wouldn't mind playing you some.

GGs Sandman!!! Today was fun!!! I look forward to next time!!!

I would say even though that wasnt your best, you did improve quite a bit anyways ^-^ your zoning is even better than mine!!! And your grapple breaking is spot on!

The only things I would say you have to work on, is agian, not stepping as much; you still ate alot more WR AA than you should have (although you were stepping less at the end of our matches) and also, to just get better at poking - especially poking. You would find you would literally jump in skill level if you developed your poking more, as it is a way to really make sure you are getting little chips of damage off your opponent at all times, and also, it helps to make them more open to being CH-fished when they become aggravated by it. Obviously it may not be as effective in certain matchups, but it is an essential skill to have nonetheless.

Back