Siegfried General Discussion / Q&A

...22/88BB - that move is such an awesome whiff punisher if they do a slow vertical...
I found that you could do that move with a strange twist. If you confirm the first hit of 22_88 BB, you can actually instead do this:
:2::2: OR :8::8: :bB: :4: to Chief Hold, :B: for even that bit more damage. Learned it from watching RayWorlord at work.
The second hit you'll have to do after a short pause. When you pause, Siegfried's weapon hits the downed enemy at the side of their body; therefore dealing more damage.

The primary issue with 22/88 B is that it's one of the more inconsistent moves Siegfried has. He has a few combos were doing 22 or 88 will make you whiff whereas the opposite input will hit. It's odd.

The primary issue with 22/88 B is that it's one of the more inconsistent moves Siegfried has. He has a few combos were doing 22 or 88 will make you whiff whereas the opposite input will hit. It's odd.
That isn't relevant for whiff punishment. And as long as you know which way to step, that whiff isn't an issue either.

That isn't relevant for whiff punishment. And as long as you know which way to step, that whiff isn't an issue either.
It does whenever a character does a move where they recover off axis(Omega 22/88B, Nightmare 22/88B, Sieg 22/88B) because Sieg's 22/88B hits slightly off axis and if the character he is trying to hit is off axis it has a chance to whiff right beside them since the move has a really narrow hitbox.

Personally I only really do this move if I'm willing to take that risk to get more damage than the other long range whiff punishers. Just my 2¢.

Well, I wouldn't really say that whiffing because of axis is an issue. Just game designs. The problematic whiffs are when The hitbox and hurtbox clearly interact, but no damage is dealt.

Well, I wouldn't really say that whiffing because of axis is an issue. Just game designs. The problematic whiffs are when The hitbox and hurtbox clearly interact, but no damage is dealt.
What I mean to say is that the move is a vertical and can be stepped.
use_this.png

I get what you mean with the last two but not the first lol
If one has a recent post at the end of a thread and one wants to clarify or update something about it, it’s encouraged for one to do that with the edit function instead of posting multiple times in a row (which bloats the thread, sends out extra alerts to people following the thread or forum, etc.).

You can burn meter afterwards as well, since SCH K hits during the ground stun.
OH MY GOSH, I WAS THINKING ABOUT DOING THAT EXACT THING TO SEE IF IT WORKED. WHEN I'VE GONE AGAINST THE COMPUTER EARLIER TONIGHT, I'LL ALWAYS DO INPUT ERRORS WHENEVER ATTEMPTING IT...SO I NEVER FOUND OUT IF THAT WORKS. SO... THAT DOES WORK, HUH?!
...coincidence.

Back