Siegfried matchup

SilentWall

[10] Knight
I think I have difficult against to Siegfried. Since SC4's bA is removed, Siegfried's 3(B)->A is beating step well in SC5, and Siegfried's 66B_TC moves still work good against to Nightmare, I want to get some anti-Siegfried strategy to help my game play. Please feel free to post the suggestion. Thank you.

Is A+B good against to his 3(B) setup?

6K clashed with SCH A for a disadvantageous trade of damage in SCIV.

In SCV, 3B gives a better transition than before, here are some solutions:
-backdash + small left step and 3B: beats every SCH moves but wont punish siegfried if he just guard after 3B
-raw 3B: beats guard after 3B but lose to every other options
-A+B: loses to SCH B
-CE: beats every options except guard

imo, the best solution is backdashing, just implements some raw 3B when they adapt

Hm I forgot about that 6K trade in SC4.

I'm pretty sure if you use step 4G you can step into FC3B to beat both the knee and the SCH A

Thats also another solution, in fact there are plenty of options available (we just wrote some of them)
But there isnt one that beat everything.

generally 6K beats out everything except SCH K (knee).

Alternatively, you can just back step and let him whiff the knee or block the A, not sure if you can punish the second A swing but try 3AA or 3B. if it's the knee, you just got yourself a whiff punish :)

I haven't had many problems with sieg match up so far, the mixups seems to be weaker compare to SC4.

Hm I forgot about that 6K trade in SC4.

I'm pretty sure if you use step 4G you can step into FC3B to beat both the knee and the SCH A
Thanks, Tiamat. I just tested it. Yes, I think it is the best option against Siegfried's 3(B)'s setup.

generally 6K beats out everything except SCH K (knee).

Alternatively, you can just back step and let him whiff the knee or block the A, not sure if you can punish the second A swing but try 3AA or 3B. if it's the knee, you just got yourself a whiff punish :)

I haven't had many problems with sieg match up so far, the mixups seems to be weaker compare to SC4.

Sieg's 3B is still a bane to NM in my experience so far. Not on block but in the neutral field. I actually think this match-up is an even one.

Sieg's 3B is still a bane to NM in my experience so far. Not on block but in the neutral field. I actually think this match-up is an even one.

yea i know what you mean, i especially hate its TC property, making GS A, NSS K miss. but i found that outranging Sieg is one of the strats to beat him, he's pretty immobile in stance and he doesn't have as much range as NM imo.

yea i know what you mean, i especially hate its TC property, making GS A, NSS K miss. but i found that outranging Sieg is one of the strats to beat him, he's pretty immobile in stance and he doesn't have as much range as NM imo.

He's got some strong ranged step killers. Judging by what i saw at Singapore's nationals, I would not be sleeping on Sieg so soon in SC5. At least against Nightmare.

It just seems to me as if Siegfried had an improved version of almost everything in Nightmare's moveset.
I'm still adapting to SCV but every time I happen to fight Siegfried online it seems like I need to work way harder than my opponent in order to achieve victory.

It just seems to me as if Siegfried had an improved version of almost everything in Nightmare's moveset.
I'm still adapting to SCV but every time I happen to fight Siegfried online it seems like I need to work way harder than my opponent in order to achieve victory.

Welcome to the Nightmare club. Before we used to work triple overtime to get a win. Now just double. :D

Versus the Chief Hold frame traps, 223K works. i.e. 22 to get the quick step and then sliding to 3 for the shoulder charge attack. I found that a 22 quickstep is the only way to step the knee fast enough. Shoulder charge goes under the high horizontal option.

Back