Siegfried Q&A / General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siegfried was below average from the very beginning. For some reason, players who went to demo builds decided to cry 'broke' after playing the game for 2 hours. What is even worse is that Namco responded by nerfing him over and over again.

I really don't want to see more knee-jerk reaction stuff like this from namco in the coming months

EDIT: agree with Sacharja, there was never any reason to nerf Sieg at all. I cannot see how this character will be competitive.

Where did that tier list come from?

I stuck with my boy through worse times, not gonna leave him now~

although if this knowledge is widely spread between testers as you put it, a buff seems inevitable.

Siegfried Tier E? Natsu tier S?

1315723493275.jpg

I may be about to utter blasphemies here, but isn't there a point where all this list-making becomes irrelevant? I mean, if you're proficient with a character you'll do things that can't be put on a list. Does that make any sense?

Sieg is more or less the only character I used in SCIV, and the only serious challenges I remember having were against better players. Not necessarily better characters.

Just to add the two cents of a non-competitive player.

No competitive player should care about where their character is on the tier list but it is always good to know who hot and who's not. Some of the best players are usually character loyalists as well. Unless your character is just flat out terrible (this is where I draw the line) then it matters a lot more.

Of course you got tier whores but its nothing really wrong with that.

Doh, then I'll play bottom-tier Siegfried until he's patched, doesn't matter, anyway.

Just remember something guys : It's way better to have your character being underwhelming at release than 6 months after release. Besides, the "testing players" who wrote the guide just made him bottom tier, so the issue is bound to be solved.

I'll just hope the first balance patch isn't too far ahead.

you guys are worrying for no reason IMO, he got nerfed....so what...after testing him at NEC I saw alot of potential in some moves that people arent even talking about. If siggy is truly low on the tier list then that means people are not going to want to play him and therefore most of the tricks we came to know and love wont be exploited over and over by band wagonners. People will still have that "how do you fight this character" mindset and even if they figuring him out.....how did most of you win in 4? Do the same thing here, dont be stupid and reckless with your moves, block, and keep them at range, we now have a safe mid horizontal, that alone is going to scare people to step alittle less. All I`m saying is I`m going to have some fun with stancefried. cheers

and for people that like to whore A's, keep in mind 66A auto parries them, I`m sure sieg will still be a contender for those that can think outside the box

Imo as long as his backdash is good he will be fine.

you guys are worrying for no reason IMO, he got nerfed....so what...after testing him at NEC I saw alot of potential in some moves that people arent even talking about. If siggy is truly low on the tier list then that means people are not going to want to play him and therefore most of the tricks we came to know and love wont be exploited over and over by band wagonners. People will still have that "how do you fight this character" mindset and even if they figuring him out.....how did most of you win in 4? Do the same thing here, dont be stupid and reckless with your moves, block, and keep them at range, we now have a safe mid horizontal, that alone is going to scare people to step alittle less. All I`m saying is I`m going to have some fun with stancefried. cheers
i know but can't i just worry a little?

granted, I'd lie if I said that I wasn't a little concerned. Still, the game hasn't even come out yet. Not only that but like mentioned before, Sieg players are no strangers to such adversity.

i like a challenge but i always figured a guy with a two-handed sword should do more damage then girls with short swords.
since sieg was the only 110 pound dude who could one hand a claymore because hes beast and for that i'll never ditch him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back