Siegfried Q&A / General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siegfried's stance roulette mixup is still very strong I feel, especially because of the animation of SRS k speeding up considerably. Some moves are unsafe, but not devastatingly so. If you've got a good game sense, I think you'll be okay with him. A solid defense (i.e. good jG reaction and knowledge of timing) I think he can go far. His damage is WAY WAAAY less than the NEC build, but I'm still pretty happy with him. It's a shame they nerfed him as much as they did. I'm confident Namco will tweak him up a bit more, though, since some things are looking pretty terrible at the moment.

Anyone notice 66A whiffing hardcore right in peoples' faces if you're a little off axis? I do like this move, though - TCing Guard Break with GI properties that's safe. Decent range, definitely has its uses. He has decent safe moves like 66k, 4b (semi safe), and SCH k BE.

I haven't tested this yet, but I'm assuming SCH k BE is steppable on the second hit? Any confirms preez?

At top level, I can see why this character might seem to be low tier, but I believe once people start respecting his moves and looking for jG opportunities in strings, his cancelable moves will really begin to shine. I'm stickin with this character.

seems they took out a+kA, that or I just cant do it but I dunno, anyone else?
btw 3B, K~BE, agA/JagA is 79 dmg on regular hit and seems to be his strongest option....still testing.

most a+k moves in the game have been removed, with only a couple of exceptions. You must do the 22_88k~a version.

Yes, I've found that that's the most damage I can get off a 3b as well without wall so far as well. Having sooo much fun with this.

It seems that way...I also like how it can RO on CH
Yes, it's a very good move, and it has minimal TC properties. I can't seem to find any use for the BE version. It's unsafe as hell, and not too fast. Maybe a TC interrupt to a string or something?

1B tech catches to the left (aka Right side tech) only after, or you can get a free ground grab attempt for +whatever frames. I gotta go to work soon, so I didn't bother testing what +frames ground grabs leave you at. Any help would be appreciated! :D

Oh, and another quick thing about the 3B, SCH k BE, iaGA combo - it leaves you at perfect distance so that you may either 2a+b (which is obviously more telegraphed) or 3B again at very tip while they are recovering. If they don't block ASAP, you'll get an extra 33 grounded damage, totaling at 109 dmg. I haven't tested on roll damage yet, cause I'm already late for work, lol.

This tip 3b seems virtually unpunishable at the range this leaves you at. If I am wrong, please correct me. This is rushed testing. Kbye!

I can't seem to find any use for the BE version. It's unsafe as hell, and not too fast. Maybe a TC interrupt to a string or something?
This is currently my punisher of choice for moves -16 or so (i.e. bad but not 3B punishable)...

Also what do you mean unsafe as hell? Are you not transitioning to SCH?

- I.C.E.

It combos on NH (unless they changed that last minute), so you can heavily punish stuff that isnt unsafe enough for 3B with it. 66K BE~SCH B does very decent dmg and you also have the option of doing 66K BE~CE and 66K BE~SCH K BE combo variations.

Edit: Curses, ICE was too fast.

Does 4A TC?
How reliable is the 3B TC?
B6 properties? Safe? Still only very minor advantage on hit?
How good is SCH B on block? I'm hoping for a return of SC3 days with -2~-1.
3AA looks faster now. Might be worth using. How unsafe is it?
Is 4KK advantage on hit?
We established that SBH K BE is pretty nice as pseudo-frametrap after 2[A+B], which has always been the worst SBH transition. Maybe its completely uninterruptable after the others?
How unsafe is 22BB?
Can Sieg pull SSH shenanigans after 1K hits like Nightmare (dodge BBs and ch the 2nd hit for example)?
How unsafe is Flapjack?
SCH A still negative on hit?

All I can think of for the moment. More coming soon.

Thanks a bunch for the info, Panto. Will you copy-paste the frame data here sometime after official release?

1. If it does, I sure as hell couldn't get it to come out.
  2. It TCs very late in the move. I got hit out of it with highs often last night during the tournament.
  3. It's punishable by Natsu AA on block, and Natsu AA beats out Siegfried K on hit and CH. I'm assuming K is his still his fastest move from standing.
  4. It's safe, and that's as much as I can tell you. I don't have enough data to start frame testing quite yet.
  5. 3aA is Natsu AA punishable, but only done at point blank near a wall - it's got good pushback. Done from mid-range and up, it might allow for some 4B+K shenanigans.
  6. Looks like it. It pushes back, and then you have a little mix-up between B6 and agA (step vs duck).
  7. 2(B)*FC (B) are Natsu 3B punishable. AA(B) can be 2A'd. 44(B) has it trade with 2A. SRSH (K) is, as always, super unsafe on block, and will probably give anyone WR punish of their choice.
  8. Fairly unsafe - Natsu 66B punishable. However, the string jails and has push back, and also forces crouch - they need either a strong WR punisher or a strong 66(input) punisher.
  9. You know it. At tip range, Siegfried 1K ~ 4B+K ~ SSH BBB will punish a whiffed Natsu A+B if she tries to A+B after 1K on hit. That entire string is roughly a third of your life.
  10. Hard to tell but it seems to be only punishable with pokes.
  11. Again, hard to tell, but it looks like it. However, SCH A has good pushback, too, so it opens yourself up to 4B+K options if you think they'll rush in.
edit: preempted by france.

Also there's a guy who's going around and posting the frame data from the guide, and I know a lot more people are getting the guide as the days go by. As soon as I have the data, I'll format it and put it up on the wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back