Siegfried Q&A / General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've come to the conclusion that doing ag:A on any type of pad is just like rolling a loaded dice. You get 60% agA, 25% ag:A, 10% grab, and 5% random twitch guard.

i wish it was a simple slide move but in the hands of people like JINK it would annoying as hell as a simple aB slide super abuse! not that it stops anyway

I've come to the conclusion that doing ag:A on any type of pad is just like rolling a loaded dice. You get 60% agA, 25% ag:A, 10% grab, and 5% random twitch guard.
lol its possible to get consistently, and i guarantee you'll get it if you buckle down and practice ^-^ it just takes a really really long time to get the hang of it.
i wish it was a simple slide move but in the hands of people like JINK it would annoying as hell as a simple aB slide super abuse! not that it stops anyway
jink already abuses it =P and it probably wouldnt matter if the input was the same as iCS, because he'd find a way anyways lol.

lol its possible to get consistently, and i guarantee you'll get it if you buckle down and practice ^-^ it just takes a really really long time to get the hang of it.
jink already abuses it =P and it probably wouldnt matter if the input was the same as iCS, because he'd find a way anyways lol.
Yeah, I've been getting better at it. One question though. How much does playing on an HDTV versus a CRT affect the consistency of ag:A. I noticed I get less JF while playing on a HDTV.

Yeah, I've been getting better at it. One question though. How much does playing on an HDTV versus a CRT affect the consistency of ag:A. I noticed I get less JF while playing on a HDTV.

Most HDTVs have some amount of input lag; that is, your input into the controller is not reflected immediately on the screen. This is in comparison to CRTs, which have no such input lag. Technically, that shouldn't affect the consistency of JagA, since it's all in the input itself; the different TV is not changing the way you have to input the move at all. However, in practice, input lag can affect all sorts of things, especially Just Frames where the Just input is done via feedback from the game itself, e.g. Apprentice 2B+K:BBB, Cervantes 6A+B:B, like all of Setsuka's. If you want to solve this problem, either play on CRTs, or find a lagless HDTV.

Most HDTVs have some amount of input lag; that is, your input into the controller is not reflected immediately on the screen. This is in comparison to CRTs, which have no such input lag. Technically, that shouldn't affect the consistency of JagA, since it's all in the input itself; the different TV is not changing the way you have to input the move at all. However, in practice, input lag can affect all sorts of things, especially Just Frames where the Just input is done via feedback from the game itself, e.g. Apprentice 2B+K:BBB, Cervantes 6A+B:B, like all of Setsuka's. If you want to solve this problem, either play on CRTs, or find a lagless HDTV.
I usually play on my CRT. It's not a big deal though, I just use agA as a step punish. Thanks though. :D

eh well i trained myself on an HDTV, and although im not entirely sure if it lags or not, it feels about as precise as the CRT i got in my basement. If your HDTV has at 2ms(which i THINK is 2 frames) or lower of lag i'd personally say you'll be ok, though thats my opinion. 5ms might not be bad either, but even at that level i wouldnt hold your breath unless you wanna run into the same issues that heaton mentioned above. the less you have to compensate, the better.

If your HDTV has at 2ms(which i THINK is 2 frames) or lower of lag i'd personally say you'll be ok, though thats my opinion..

16.66ms input delay = 1 frame. "Lag" as you know it is (as far as I understand) rarely advertised.

i wish siegfried would get some of his soul calibur 2 combos back from when he was nightmare i like his 8wr moves don't remember the specific codes tho.. and CH 2A or is it A2...

are they gonna keep CH kB (i think thats how you code slide input) think about it if you do that and do brave edge BH (B) (think that means hold) it would be and intant hit! i love that slide input.. or 2A+B?

16.66ms input delay = 1 frame. "Lag" as you know it is (as far as I understand) rarely advertised.
well thanks for that wuht, at least i know better now ^-^

so i guess so long as the delay is something less than 1 frame, then it wouldnt really make a difference right? like 5ms vs 16ms or 5ms vs 0ms? (i see alot of monitors and tv's that state 5ms delay times in their specs, so i guess im asking if that would be suitable for playing a FG like soul calibur?) less than 1 frame of lag doesnnt sound bad, but for all i know it might affect things alot. though from a personal standpoint at least with the LCD HDTV i use compared to CRT's that i've used, it doesnt really seem to make a difference execution or reaction wise.

I'm glad I asked, great information here. I would have never known. Same with agA, I would have been ignorant and used 6A for step punish instead >.<

hey guys. I'm sort of a glutton for punishment, so I decided to practice with a Sophitia. lol I asked on chat for advice with the matchup and one player suggested I cry. after 20 straight losses even after i was ONE more guarded 6B from a CF, I cried. lol
that chick is so damn fast, I can't really space her as well as other characters. (dont get me started on how miserable ms. Itty bitty titty comittee Amy matches are, but they're even worse...)
I've found that my better options would be to push Sophitia back with 6B, but her side stepping is so quick and that chick is so fast, I end up having to guess whether to use a 6B or agA. One miss and I eat that stabbing thing she does. I have a 3B guarded, I eat punishment, I duck, I get punished, I stand and I get punished. I also tried to 3A and that worked well, for a time. If I could get far away enough, I'd use 6(A)~SSH; SSH A+B, ag(A)~SSH; SSH A+B to get away from her, but then she'd get right back in my face and I'd have to labor to get her at a distance, while eating more hits than I was giving.
I understand that SCV is coming out at the ended of the month, but my intent here is to work and succeed in a situation where the odds are stacked against me; the mentality of working through difficult match ups and actually succeeding is, well, Very gratifying... Sorta (or exactly) like stealing a cheerleader from a Quarterback kinda thing. (badumtssh)
any suggestions, my ingenious Seigfried friendos?

The experts will arrive soon ^_~ but till then here's what I found in the SCIV Sieg SA:

Sophitia ~ By Synraii, ALL credit to Heaton for pulling this shit though!
Troll Matchup
1. SPAM throws
2. SPAM 1K
3. SPAM 2A
4. Do NOT whiff
5. Do NOT bother with stances
6. Do NOT feel bad when the guy starts bitching because you schooled his ass.
7. Do NOT feel bad when he bitches about it not feeling like Soul Calibur, as if Sophitia hasn't been doing that for the past two installments.
8. LOL as Science collapses. ^_^
9. 1B is totally safe on block ^_~

I hope this will help, even though I do not really understand the characterism "Troll Matchup" :/

PS. BTW I eat all of the AS B's lol
PSS. A type of revenge is in another thread (SCV) lol
PSSS. Is there a video with Heaton's Godliness?

I hope this will help, even though I do not really understand the characterism "Troll Matchup" :/
I call it a troll matchup because nobody seriously picks Siegfried against Sophitia at high level:

That matchup is almost unwinnable: in SCIV's history in tournament play no Siegfried has ever beaten a good Sophitia player. And when I say good I mean someone like Ramon or Dina, 'tournament good'. Pantocrator has, but he's not a player, he's a wizard - I know, I've played him, lol.

Honestly, I would take a weaker secondary over my Siegfried vs. Sophitia any day of the week, even if I significantly outclass the player, it is THAT difficult for Sieg:
Vs. a Sophie player I am better than I will pick Kilik, if we're level and the opponent knows the Kilik matchup ie. turtle like fuck, I'll take my chances with Amy.

MUCH more trouble than its worth if you ask me and I'm something of a massachist, lol.
Even against a weaker player (absolutely no offence intended, you're still my favourite) like BlackRoseVale online, I would not pick Siegfried.

Any advice for fighting Cass? I usually can beat my friend for a match or two but after that he'll win every time.

PSSS. Is there a video with Heaton's Godliness?
His what??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH*deepbreath*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back